**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Again don’t disagree with you. But I’m guessing Morey doesn’t really care if he became available. 

Will be probably 3 or 4 wings that are available 

But sign or trade for a legit back up 5, if not  nothing matters. 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Again don’t disagree with you. But I’m guessing Morey doesn’t really care if he became available. 

Morey wont care, and Embiid will likely urge Morey to bring him in too. If you were ranking moves on likliness to happen, this one would be top 3, maybe top 2 on the list. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Morey wont care, and Embiid will likely urge Morey to bring him in too. If you were ranking moves on likliness to happen, this one would be top 3, maybe top 2 on the list. 

Actually, thought about making a list of the guys Morey most likely would want going in order. Easily he’s in the top three. If I was making a top 6 list of all the names we’ve heard so far it would go like this: 

1. Lebron 

2. KD

3. Mitchell 

4. Butler

5. PG

6. Ingram 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Actually, thought about making a list of the guys Morey most likely would want going in order. Easily he’s in the top three. If I was making a top 6 list of all the names we’ve heard so far it would go like this: 

1. Lebron 

2. KD

3. Mitchell 

4. Butler

5. PG

6. Ingram 

LeBron feels fairly likely being that hes already been in LA so that option is out. And that he supposedly checked out philly schools before that free agent decision, and sent his agent to meet with the 6ers. He seems to love Maxey and they workout together. Might be another solid mentor for the youngn. 

KD Im sure Morey will have interest in, but Im not sure it happens... sounds too good to be true. Do we have the assets to beat other teams out? He does seem pretty tight with Embiid.

I think Mitchell is probably #2 on the likeliness list. Tight with Embiid and Rubin. Basically the only actually youthful big name available. Its almost the best move for the future in that regard, if that factors in. He battles it out with PG for the #2 spot on the list. Theres been to much smoke there, I think it only depends on PG's willingness to come here over sunny Orlando. But thats why I dont know if he belongs at #2 or not. He probably prefers Florida if he cant be west coast.

Butler also feels more gettable than Durant. I think he liked Philly, but disliked the front office. Brett Brown is gone. Colangelo is gone. Maybe he hates Elton Brand though....

I guess my list in order of likeliness goes

1/2. LeBron/Mitchell

3. Paul George

4. Jimmy Butler

5. Durant

6. Ingram.

Wait- considering Morey is our GM maybe he just Fs eveyting up with the worst possible fits and brings in Mitchell and DeRozan.

• Haha 1

I can’t stand LeBrawn, but he’d be a needed kick in the tail for Embiid. That chip that’s needed to be a champion, the one that Joel doesn’t have, LeBrawn has it, an abundance of it.  Hopefully he could impart Joel with it.

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

LeBron feels fairly likely being that hes already been in LA so that option is out. And that he supposedly checked out philly schools before that free agent decision, and sent his agent to meet with the 6ers. He seems to love Maxey and they workout together. Might be another solid mentor for the youngn. 

KD Im sure Morey will have interest in, but Im not sure it happens... sounds too good to be true. Do we have the assets to beat other teams out? He does seem pretty tight with Embiid.

I think Mitchell is probably #2 on the likeliness list. Tight with Embiid and Rubin. Basically the only actually youthful big name available. Its almost the best move for the future in that regard, if that factors in. He battles it out with PG for the #2 spot on the list. Theres been to much smoke there, I think it only depends on PG's willingness to come here over sunny Orlando. But thats why I dont know if he belongs at #2 or not. He probably prefers Florida if he cant be west coast.

Butler also feels more gettable than Durant. I think he liked Philly, but disliked the front office. Brett Brown is gone. Colangelo is gone. Maybe he hates Elton Brand though....

I guess my list in order of likeliness goes

1/2. LeBron/Mitchell

3. Paul George

4. Jimmy Butler

5. Durant

6. Ingram.

Wait- considering Morey is our GM maybe he just Fs eveyting up with the worst possible fits and brings in Mitchell and DeRozan.

If it’s likeliness to happen my order is different. In terms of whom i think Morey would like most is what i gave. If it was likeliness to happen I’d probably have similar to yours. I might flip PG and butler. 

what about getting players from the current playoff teams right now is that a bad idea?

I still think in the end the clippers pony up. Moving into that new stadium they’ll do it reluctantly 

we gonna wind up with something like miles bridges & cody zeller...and bring back some of oubre/payne/hield. 

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

we gonna wind up with something like miles bridges & cody zeller...and bring back some of oubre/payne/hield. 

:nonono:

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Tbh i think they get a bigger name player. Who is more the question. Don’t see kd being traded. Don’t see Lebron leaving LA. I’d say PG but i think he goes back to the clippers. They are opening a new stadium. Balmer isn’t going to go into next year without harden and PG. Basically if both left the clippers are going nowhere (are anyway) and have no reason besides a new stadium to go watch them with Kawhi being injury prone. I think ultimately clippers blink and both harden and pg go back.

so really butler (if made available— likely as he wants an extension and don’t see Riley doing it), Mitchell (if he asks out) and Ingram. I’d bet on butler (although i dislike it cause his age and what you’d have to give). I think Mitchell isn’t a fit but i don’t think that stops Morey. He wants a star even if it’s not a good fit. 

Bridges/Zeller is like a Billy King tour off season. 

Morey will go bigger than that,  and rest assured they'll be terrible fits together and for the team. 

I expect a combo of DeRozan and Mitchell. Bad for spacing and bad for defense. 

Paul Reed doesn’t have to be back cause his clause didn’t meet 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Paul Reed doesn’t have to be back cause his clause didn’t meet 

I guess Morey is going to be stupid and bring him back anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Bridges/Zeller is like a Billy King tour off season. 

Morey will go bigger than that,  and rest assured they'll be terrible fits together and for the team. 

I expect a combo of DeRozan and Mitchell. Bad for spacing and bad for defense. 

I don’t think Mitchell is a good fit but i totally see Morey doing it. Also think Sixers would be on board cause if things don’t work Mitchell (27) and Maxey are both younger so you can still use them as trade assets in 2-3 years and get a big return. 

Miles Bridges would be a perfect fit on the court. Not sure how he would be perceived by the fans though. 

sixers bout to get old af! 

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

sixers bout to get old af! 

This by far worse

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This by far worse

he said something positive about all the fa's. no way he'd bring tobi back. :lol:  

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

he said something positive about all the fa's. no way he'd bring tobi back. :lol:  

It’s the sixers… it’s not a 0% chance 

• Sad 1

sxm nba radio discussing klay to the sixers. :meh:    

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I think they do Miami a massive favor and trade for Butler. 

Resign Buddy, Oubre, Batum

Trade for Nick Richards (this would be his best move) or sign Mason Plumlee 

Sign Lonnie Walker or Alec Burks or Kris Dunn type 

38 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This by far worse

half of the year I thought Tobias harris for likw 20 million a year isnt a bad player.

2nd half of the year, hes been checked out completely. I dont think the interest is mutual. Tobi wants out.