**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Oh look another loser 

so you don't think a collection of past their prime never won anything overpaid players is the recipe for success?  :lol: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

so you don't think a collection of past their prime never won anything overpaid players is the recipe for success?  :lol: 

Morey loves "stars" and big names so I wouldn't be shocked if he did this. 

Beal isn't even a great shooter. Hasn't shot above 36.5% from 3 in the last 5 years. Dude made 3 All Star teams and making 50 million a year, talk about hitting the lottery 

46 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

more like andrew bogus..amirite?  

That was last year,  and yeah... didn't happen.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Morey loves "stars" and big names so I wouldn't be shocked if he did this. 

Beal isn't even a great shooter. Hasn't shot above 36.5% from 3 in the last 5 years. Dude made 3 All Star teams and making 50 million a year, talk about hitting the lottery 

Old. Not a rumor any more. 

oh sheet...i didn't even look at the date. :roll:  

nothing to see here, folks. :whistle:    

• Haha 1

Usually pretty good on suns stuff 

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Usually pretty good on suns stuff 

But does he still have connections after new ownership and him firing everyone 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

But does he still have connections after new ownership and him firing everyone 

Yeah he has been pretty good with suns stuff lately. He hinted at Vogel the Monday before the news broke i believe Tuesday or Wednesday. He also alluded to suns likely waiving Paul during the end of last seats prior to  the reports this week. If it was dbacks stuff or coyotes he’s usually off. Suns and cardinals he’s usually pretty reliable. He had the Hopkins news at the end of the season and the report ownership/Fo were ticked off by Hopkins sitting out last 2 games when he should’ve played.

this is some trade right here. 

The Denver Nuggets have agreed to acquire the least favorable of the first round picks owned by the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2024, as well as the 37th pick in the 2023 draft and a 2024 second round pick for a protected 2029 first round pick.

6ers need to replenish the pick stockpile. Morey sleeping. 

The Portland Trail Blazers continue to have interest in building around Damian Lillard, sources tell Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.

The Blazers are open to exploring trade involving the No. 3 pick and also open to moving Anfernee Simons. 

3 and Simons for Maxey and Tobias, and next years 1st.

Shot at drafting Scoot, Either Thompson brother is a great fallback option.

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

The Portland Trail Blazers continue to have interest in building around Damian Lillard, sources tell Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.

The Blazers are open to exploring trade involving the No. 3 pick and also open to moving Anfernee Simons. 

That franchise is idiotic. Building around Lillard hasn't worked for them yet, and they think it will now that he's 33 years old and can't stay healthy anymore?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

They can get Siakam with 3 and Simons. Sixers wish 

36 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They can get Siakam with 3 and Simons. Sixers wish 

If I’m Portland i want something better than siakam for 3 and Simons. I wonder if they can convince Boston to do a 3 way deal with the hawks. Id ask the hawks if they would blow it up for the right offer and amount of draft picks and someone taking on contracts like Collins. Don’t think it’s realistic but the amount of picks the hawks get is nice. Granted they are likely losing some nice picks doing so do to the murray trade. Might try and then deal murray to recoup more picks. Something like this 

IMG_7785.jpeg

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If I’m Portland i want something better than siakam for 3 and Simons. I wonder if they can convince Boston to do a 3 way deal with the hawks. Id ask the hawks if they would blow it up for the right offer and amount of draft picks and someone taking on contracts like Collins. Don’t think it’s realistic but the amount of picks the hawks get is nice. Granted they are likely losing some nice picks doing so do to the murray trade. Might try and then deal murray to recoup more picks. Something like this 

IMG_7785.jpeg

I kind of like Siakam more for Dame. Brown isn't good off ball, and his defense has been a let down. 

If get Brown, where does Sharpe go? To the bench. Where  Siakam and Sharpe can play together 

Both agree, trade Dame even if for quarters on the dollar at this point. 

Trade Dame for 6 and 11 to the Magic 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I kind of like Siakam more for Dame. Brown isn't good off ball, and his defense has been a let down. 

If get Brown, where does Sharpe go? To the bench. Where  Siakam and Sharpe can play together 

Both agree, trade Dame even if for quarters on the dollar at this point. 

Trade Dame for 6 and 11 to the Magic 

I am not as high on Siakam as others. I really don’t like his attitude and i rather keep 3 and Simons over siakam. Also just don’t think he could be your second star and win a title. That raptors run kawhi was incredible but they had ibaka whk was still good, Lowry who was also still good, Marc gasol who was still solid and siakam. OG and FVV were still young  

Im guessing lillard would be thrilled to have brown at small forward and sharpe at shooting guard. sharpe is listed as a SG and i think brown is capable of being a 3 with sharpe. Sharpe shot 36% from 3 as a rookie. I think you could see him get to 38% and maybe even higher over time. I’d likely have Marcus Smart come off the bench. I think the issue is Portland and lillard are not gonna view Siakam as good enough star to make that type of trade. Whereas I think Lillard and Portland would be happy with brown, because he and they view him as a legitimate all star. I think siakam doesn’t move the needle for lillard 

yeah Portland should’ve Fing done the deal 2 years ago. Hypothetically, even if you got Ben Simmons and also Tyrese Maxey along with the Sixers picks from 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029  without protections along with swaps that’s a nice haul cause the sixers once embiid and lillard dropped off likely by 2026 those 2027-2029 picks and swaps are super valuable. Plus you could really have a nice young core of maxey, Simons and sharpe along with a plethora of draft picks. Frankly even if it wasn’t the sixers i think the offers 2 years ago were likely much more enticing and he’s not 33 with injuries mounting up and likely not as great of a market as two years ago  

Kate Scott is now going to be a pre-season announcer for the Seattle Seahawks. Hopefully eventually, but sooner than later, she parlays her 6ers career and Seahawks pre-season gig in to a full time NFL gig so we dont have to hear her so much on 6ers telecasts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Here are the teams with cap space. 

This is where we should look to unload Harris because we don't need matching salary in return.  These teams allow us to truly dump salary. 

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/lists/teams-with-cap-space-that-can-acquire-tobias-harris-from-sixers-in-a-trade/

Morey ain't dumping salary, mine as well trade Embiid 

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Morey ain't dumping salary, mine as well trade Embiid 

Doesnt have to be a trade just to dump salary. But that SHOULD be a benefit he is looking for. He can dump salary and get players in return that make basketball sense as well. But he should be looking at those teams, so that he doesnt have to take back matching salary.

There is otherwise, no point in trading Harris at all.

Lol the hawks gave up picks to get him now a year later moving on. I’m think there’s a reality where a trade could convince the hawks to just blow the whole thing up with the right offer and picks. 

44 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol the hawks gave up picks to get him now a year later moving on. I’m think there’s a reality where a trade could convince the hawks to just blow the whole thing up with the right offer and picks. 

What happens when you have an owner son love Trae Young and Trae gets what he wants. 

Still a Murray fan and a versatile player. 

Has Adam Silver said what the 76ers are allowed to do yet? After all, he's been providing final player personnel oversight since he demanded the ouster of Sam Hinkie.