**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

No way this is real 

I said the same thing. This also just dropped 

Lowry will happen.  Felt like it was close when he chose Miami. Even older and more washed now.  It's time for him to be a 6er.

With that said,  I still think he offers this team something with its lack of leadership and heart. 

And lack of a bench PG, or any true PG at all really.  He's another guy to help PJ Tucker try to teach these guys how to play the right way. 

I'm not sure what kind of negative impact,  if any, Christian Wood's attitude would cause on the court for this team. But I kinda feel like a Lowry/Wood free agency is within the realm of possibility.  And could really, really help the bench. 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

That's too bad.  I figured if he played another 5 years he might have been washed enough to come back and finish his career here. 

• Haha 2

Curious as to what firsts Miami gives up. Don’t have 2025 but can give 2023 (18th), 2027 and 2029. Suns can’t offer any picks close to that

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

higher ceiling?....maxey or herro?

It's close as of now give the nod to Herro because on the biggest stage as a rookie he put up 15ppg vs the Lakers. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

His value was more crap than talked about. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

His value was more crap than talked about. 

He also went to a team where he’s definitive 3rd option. They better hope all 3 stay healthy cause if one gets hurt in the playoffs they have the same issue they had this past year 

I’m guessing ayton is being moved for the suns cause no way they keep him as with Payne on the team beal, KD, Booker and ayton making up $169 mil so they are right at the apron with 5 guys on the roster. 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Bonkers. Can’t see that ending well for the Suns. Not enough shots to go around, let alone cap ramifications. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Another guy who didnt pick philly. I cant believe it.

Feels more like the sixers really didn’t want him based off what Kyle neubeck’s sources. 

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Bonkers. Can’t see that ending well for the Suns. Not enough shots to go around, let alone cap ramifications. 

KD has taken back seats before and fit into any system. Booker seems like he cares about winning more than anything. 

I think they hoping they can get vets to sign for minimum and win that way. 

7 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Bonkers. Can’t see that ending well for the Suns. Not enough shots to go around. 

I can work if they stay healthy. However it’s a dangerous game with KD at his age and beal hasn’t played over 60 games in 4 years. Andrew sharp made an interesting point on RTRS that maybe he leaves Washington and he’s revitalized to play again and he becomes what he was with Wall (now third option). That said the suns are basically forced to trade Deandre Ayton for whatever teams are willing to give them to lessen the cap or dump him off on a team that has cap space for basically nothing. Because if you keep him you are at $162 million against the for four players. And it’s even worse in 2024-25. They would account for $185 mil which is likely over the second apron that year. 

what tops this off is if it doesn’t work you are automatically stuck with Bradley Beal because guess what he still has that no trade clause in his contract. So even when he becomes an expiring contracts in 4 years, he can say F it I don’t wanna be traded.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

You don't want him

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They got 4 days to figure it out

Part of me wonders if the heat realized that there’s a good chance the blazers aren’t able to pull off a big move for 3rd overall pick and simons to keep lillard happy and he is gonna become available. So they backed off with their initial interest in beal Im guessing whatever deal portland makes lillard is signing off on it so if the draft comes and Portland gets stuck at 3 and can’t get that other star then i think dame might actually ask out.

Riley is pretty smart so i wonder if they thought there’s a good chance Dame becomes available and if they are likely going to be paying a trio big money rather use the Cap and money for dame then tying themselves to beal. 

42 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Philly just isn’t a preferred destination.  Is what it is.