GDT: Buffalo Bills @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-26-23, 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Yeah, I hear ya. Thing is, Reich has been humbled 2 times now (let go during the season by 2 teams now) and may be ready for it. He was a killer OC. Still would be.

There's a quote - I think in this thread - that Reich said Carolina would be his last stop in the NFL. I'm pretty sure that was some time ago. We'll see, I guess. In my opinion Reich seems to have aged, looked haggard in the pics I've seen.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eglz1 said:

There's a quote - I think in this thread - that Reich said Carolina would be his last stop in the NFL. I'm pretty sure that was some time ago, before the events of the past few days. We'll see, I guess. In my opinion Reich seems to have aged, looked haggard in the pics I've seen.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we all need to accept that isn’t going to happen. And that’s not me saying it should happen or it shouldn’t. They aren’t going to fire BJ regardless.

Offensive consultant, similar to what they did with Fangio last year. 

55 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

There's a quote - I think in this thread - that Reich said Carolina would be his last stop in the NFL. I'm pretty sure that was some time ago. We'll see, I guess. In my opinion Reich seems to have aged, looked haggard in the pics I've seen.

Yeah- I think head coaching isn't in it for him. But he would thrive as an OC again.

25 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Yeah- I think head coaching isn't in it for him. But he would thrive as an OC again.

Doesn't he have 3 years plus the rest of this one on his Panthers contract (4 years)?  Let Tepper pay him and think about what he wants to do next.

WqqqqI’m just enjoying this ride fellas I don’t give a rats sheete how we win. 

I don’t even care what our record is it’s one thriller after another coming out on top.  

yeah it could catch up to us and of course a Super Bowl victory or bust is what we are looking at.   

The bills victory is the past now the team and coaches and fans har 24 hrs to savor it

The niners were a bunch of girls after we humiliated them in the NFCCG and they have a serious complex about it. And frankly I get the feeling the majority of the talking heads think the niners are the class of the nfc and outmatch the eagles 

so another week and another opportunity to prove people wrong and put people in their place.  At home.  

With all that said, we gotta have a better 1st half in this one.   And the best way to do that is to be more patient run the ball often.  

For me…. I’ll be far less stressed  with the cowboys in Dallas the following week it will be pretty sweet being 11-1 and thus making the dallas game far more critical for Dallas than for us l.  I mean if we can only win one of the next two games which one do you want to win?  Dallas on the road or the niners to shut them up once and for all?   I know the obvious answer is beat Dallas but I’m not so sure on this occasion 

final thought… there is a ton of talent and character on this eagles team.  But we will go nowhere without Hurts. Period.  Unless we sign foles for insurance I give us no shot if something should happen to #1

8 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Doesn't he have 3 years plus the rest of this one on his Panthers contract (4 years)?  Let Tepper pay him and think about what he wants to do next.

He got fired yesterday, so.

20 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Frank Reich is now available for OC. 🤣

If BJ is moving on I would love to have him back as our OC.

I’m serious.

11 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Offensive consultant, similar to what they did with Fangio last year. 

Could work I suppose… 

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

He got fired yesterday, so.

Right but he still gets paid, doesn't he? I'm under the impression that coaches get paid for the duration of their contract even if they get fired, unless they take a new job. It may depend on the contract I guess.

Never understood why the fans are that close to the field and the other team.

I can understand them being that close in the End Zone boxes, like where Mike Trout sits, BUT,  to have them that close to the other team's sidelines is just odd to me.

On 11/27/2023 at 8:04 AM, EaglesAddict said:

Obviously.  But come on, man, you can't tell me that these last 3 games the Eagles weren't outplayed over the course of 60 minutes overall.  I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to be reasonably objective.  If we keep playing the same brand of 60 minute football like we have been, it's just a matter of time before the scoreboard DOES say different.  

Hurts knows it, that's why he always seems dissatisfied after each win this year.  He knows they are playing poorly for too-long of stretches.  It would simply be a miracle if the Eagles continue to win games in the manner they have all the way to the Super Bowl.  Now, if they can get their crap together and play a full 60 minutes, the sky is the limit.  It just hasn't happened this year...not even once. 

Our OC sucks. It takes him 2 quarters to see that he should have implemented a running game into his script. Why did we not incorporate a run game in the first half?..should be the question. Some execution is also at fault, but it all starts at the top. We had bad coaching but the team is so resilient that we were able to overcome it. We did not win because of our OC, we won despite our OC. 

51 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Our OC sucks. It takes him 2 quarters to see that he should have implemented a running game into his script. Why did we not incorporate a run game in the first half?..should be the question. Some execution is also at fault, but it all starts at the top. We had bad coaching but the team is so resilient that we were able to overcome it. We did not win because of our OC, we won despite our OC. 

Our game plans heading into every game seem to be: Just run some plays and see what happens.  Then look at how the defense is playing us, now lets run these plays to counteract it.

Slow starts, to me, are a reflection of poor game planning.  Coaching, as you said.  Now, they've done a decent job of in-game coaching/adjustments...but every week it looks like they don't have a plan going in.

23 hours ago, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1701194899208.jpg

Phillips standing there with his arms at his side looking like a kid being told go to his room 

Just now, Aspiritfall said:

Phillips standing there with his arms at his side looking like a kid being told go to his room 

Also I had to zoom in on that chick to the right it looks like she had an owl on her shoulder 🤣

Archived