The Eagles Will Win NFCE IF They Win Out

time2rock

In the current standings following last night's loss we are behind Dallas.  However, IF we run the table to finish 14-3 we will win the division regardless of what Dallas does based on the conference record tiebreaker.  

Just curious as to how many of you truly believe we will win out. 

image.png.9c2ff92914d6fbc63715b9c87172d2d5.png

• Thanks 1

Seattle is the biggest test. They likely lose the last game if it has no meaning as they will have to use that as their bye.

• Thanks 1

I want the #1 seed... So win out, and SF needs to lose 1 game, Baltimore might be the only chance of that happening. But I doubt it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Portyansky said:

I want the #1 seed... So win out, and SF needs to lose 1 game, Baltimore might be the only chance of that happening. But I doubt it.

Gotta make San Fran play all of their games if possible. They get that extra rest they're definitely going to the Superbowl 

It’s not happening. With how bad they look they will be lucky to win even 2 off these games.

• Like 1

We won’t win out and that’s not even with a negative hat on. This weeks game is a tough one on the road across country when this team already looks tired and lethargic. Seattle are also a decent team. And even if we win that we have 2 divisional games against NY of which we will absolutely drop one of them as that’s just how divisional games go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We won’t win out and that’s not even with a negative hat on. This weeks game is a tough one on the road across country when this team already looks tired and lethargic. Seattle are also a decent team. And even if we win that we have 2 divisional games against NY of which we will absolutely drop one of them as that’s just how divisional games go.

We swept NY last year (including a 3rd game in the playoffs).  Prior to that we split with them the previous 2 seasons and before that we swept them for 3 straight seasons.  So 4 of the last 6 seasons we swept them so I wouldn't say we will "absolutely" drop one of them.  

• Like 1

I have confidence this team will win out. The fact the Seattle game is on Monday gives them a bit more rest, which they sorely need after that brutal run.  I think they will give us a scare or two, but they will come good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's just like I said to my prom date after driving her out into the boonies .... "time to put out or get out" 

• Haha 1

I think you guys sweep us. The Giants have basically the same roster as last year minus a qb. If tyrod taylor is back maybe it would be a game, but i still doubt it.

Who gives a damn...that team isn't legit and will be tossed painfully next month. Stop with the false hope. This is who they are and their coaching sucks.

• Like 2

I see more of the same vs Seattle. Their trio WRs will be the best we’ve faced this year. 

We have a decent chance if our DL completely plays out of their minds. Otherwise I’d bet on a 10 point + loss. 

• Like 1

Don't forget Cowboys play Bills, Dolphins & Lions in a row. 49ers have to play the Ravens, and the Rams as a division opponent. Their first matchup in September was a close game you never know. 

Let's see what happens. 

Anyone thinking home field "advantage" will bail this trash ass team out at this point is delusional. 

• Like 1

Focus on Seattle just win a Fing game at this point 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was a lot of sloppiness. Three of our biggest play makers dropped the ball, quite literally, in a rivalry game. All three have carried this team throughout the year so I expect them to reflect on it but have to give them a pass.

I saw some better things out of the defense in the second half but i'm over Desai and him not putting them in the best place to succeed. We have the talent, we just need a better brain trust on the sidelines. We're wasting a lot of talent and it's criminal that they are getting the blame for the vanilla scheme. This if the NFL, learn how to scheme a defense in college. You're supposed to be the greatest defensive minds at this level. It's clear the greatest offensive minds are having a field day with our Junior college D Coordinator.

They'll likely win out. They have way too much talent for the remaining teams. Dallas and SF will likely drop a game.

It's important not to overreact. If someone told you last August that in the middle of December, the Eagles would be 10-3, the only losses to two of the best teams in the NFL and a fluky but predictable clunker to the Jets, you would have taken that in a heartbeat. 

The Eagles were 14-3 last year. 
They'll be favored in every game they play going forward.

Another 14-3 or 13-4 record would be just fine. Dallas has a tough schedule. The Eagles remain relatively healthy.  They'll be okay. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

It's important not to overreact. If someone told you last August that in the middle of December, the Eagles would be 10-3 with losses to two of the best teams in the NFL and a fluky but predictable loss to the Jets, you would have taken that in a heartbeat. 

The Eagles were 14-3 last year. 
They'll be favored in every game they play going forward.

Another 14-3 or 13-4 record would be just fine. Dallas has a tough schedule. The Eagles remain relatively healthy.  They'll be okay. 

I'm not overreacting to the loss.  In fact I expected it (I am on record stating so in the "Eagles Getting 3.5 Points at Dallas" thread you started.  You are right about one thing ... had you told me before the start of the season that we would be 10-3 at this point I would have gladly taken it (knowing our schedule was much more difficult than last year).  But you hope a team is playing their best ball down the home stretch and into the playoffs ... this team has done the exact opposite.  And getting blown out in consecutive weeks by our biggest conference opponents does not instill much confidence that they will get this thing figured out.  Obviously still time to do so but time is running short and they seem unable to figure things out up to this point.  

Sirianni is becoming pretty dang good at understanding the importance and flow of the game. The fake punt early on was a clear indicator he knew how the game was going to progress and how to keep the Eagles in a position to win. They needed a touchdown on that drive but good call by him to extend that drive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

We swept NY last year (including a 3rd game in the playoffs).  Prior to that we split with them the previous 2 seasons and before that we swept them for 3 straight seasons.  So 4 of the last 6 seasons we swept them so I wouldn't say we will "absolutely" drop one of them.  

Ok that’s fair. I just think we drop one of those or the Cards games because that’s just how the NFL tends to go. Of course we could win out I just don’t see it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'm not overreacting to the loss.  In fact I expected it (I am on record stating so in the "Eagles Getting 3.5 Points at Dallas" thread you started.  You are right about one thing ... had you told me before the start of the season that we would be 10-3 at this point I would have gladly taken it (knowing our schedule was much more difficult than last year).  But you hope a team is playing their best ball down the home stretch and into the playoffs ... this team has done the exact opposite.  And getting blown out in consecutive weeks by our biggest conference opponents does not instill much confidence that they will get this thing figured out.  Obviously still time to do so but time is running short and they seem unable to figure things out up to this point.  

Not you specifically - you've been one of the (few) level heads here and on the original board for many years.  I mean in general.

As a practical matter they're still in pretty good shape. They control their own destiny against teams they should beat.

You know who ISN'T over reacting? Vegas. I'm going to post the weekly line thread that has the Eagles laying 3.5 on the road in Seattle.

18 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

As a practical matter they're still in pretty good shape. They control their own destiny against teams they should beat.

They do still control their destiny and if they win next week then they start to repair some of this damage. But man right now this team looks dejected and broken. And I’m not sure that’s going to come in a week.

I feel two more losses coming on for them.

They will finish 12-5. The 5th seed. Play at the 4th seed (NFC South winner) for the Wild Card Game. Win that, go to SF or Dallas and either of those are L's.

I just don't see them 'turning it on/around'. They are who they are at this point in the season.

We know the D is trash, but the O being so bad?? Didn't see that coming. I knew they would lose at least 1 game versus SF/Dallas, but, to be completely embarrassed in both games is a bit eye-opening. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

NY is bad... real bad.