GDT: Arizona Cardinals @ Philadelphia Eagles. 12-31-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Not sure how she is still employed...

She should be fired too. 

How about the DPI on the final drive that should have either been OPI or no call at all? I’m starting to think the refs are trying to make up for all the non calls or bad calls from earlier in the season.

20 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Sad thing is they don’t even have replacements on the roster. You let Bradberry go and who’s taking his spot? Rick’s has been bad and Ringo certainly doesn’t look like he’s ready. Maddox should go as well so who’s the slot guy? They have no answers for anyone that they’ll lose much like this past offseason. Expect a dramatic down turn next year where they win 7 or 8 games if that.

Howie has done such a poor job of drafting secondary and he’s basically ignored the linebacker position completely. He doesn’t get a pass here. The defensive talent issues are on him. I never understood why the Eagles kept all of those defensive backs, because all of them were mostly prospects. A bunch of undrafted guys they hoped pan out. Now it’s time to legit invest in the secondary with higher picks than the 4th round. 

16 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

How about the DPI on the final drive that should have either been OPI or no call at all? I’m starting to think the refs are trying to make up for all the non calls or bad calls from earlier in the season.

If the Eagles were taking care of business then it wouldn’t have mattered.

42 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Just when I think I'm going to come here and post in my own overreaction mind state I see everybody else and ... well ... you just have to laugh. Obviously, I'm disappointed. But this game and the next still don't matter. They might as well just rest next week. If we can't beat the Cardinals at home, who really believes HFA would matter in the playoffs? Rest all the starters next week and let them get their heads on straight. The only games that matter now start in 2 weeks. 

Except.... this is no longer a playoff team. They died at 10-1. It's OVER.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

If the Eagles we’re taking care of business then it wouldn’t have mattered.

Yeah it wouldn’t have mattered but still. The Cardinals didn’t need the help lol

this is what the NFL wants, every team be around .500 with a chance to make the playoffs in the last week of the season.  The NFL does not care who wins or loses, just that every team is mediocre 

1 minute ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Yeah it wouldn’t have mattered but still. The Cardinals didn’t need the help lol

To be in that position is unacceptable and Lurie needs to start thinking about making some serious changes. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Manigan said:

this is what the NFL wants, every team be around .500 with a chance to make the playoffs in the last week of the season.  The NFL does not care who wins or loses, just that every team is mediocre 

Yup it’s the script and Vegas is the director. 

Just now, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Yup it’s the script and Vegas is the director. 

I am by no means saying the fix is in, just that the NFL does not care who wins.  They want the most number of possible outcomes on week 18.  The NFL's perfect season is no team eliminated by week 17, and let everything ride on week 18

46 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

There’s so many problems with this team.

It’s really twofold: an under qualified coaching staff and Howie’s misses thinking he could make up for lack of defensive talent with aging free agents. He swung and missed badly this year as has the organization in thinking two interns given coordinator roles would somehow outcoach other teams. I think we sniffed ourselves too much after two SB appearances. 

Sirianni should be sitting squarely on the hot seat. He and his staff are inept, except that ST coach who seems to have that group ready.

24 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Siri needs to go, too. Reset the whole damn thing.

Yup. He's an immature assistant coach who was advanced way too far, way too fast. He might never truly be ready to be a HC, but his chance should've come 10 years from now at least.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

exposed again

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Eagles lost 35-31!!!!! You don't think Eagles not get a TD is Smith catches ball?!!!!!

You could say that for every offensive drive. One play didn't lose this game. Play calling on offense once again has been suspect. But this loss can be blamed mostly on the defense. 

22 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Sirianni should be sitting squarely on the hot seat. He and his staff are inept, except that ST coach who seems to have that group ready.

Let's give a shout out to Brad Mann. Excellent punts today..can't believe that was the bright point loll

54 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who actually hired Desai? I feel like that was kind of a scramble move, because they thought Gannon was coming back. But seriously who hired him? Was it Sirianni or was it Howie? 

I think Howie is running the show. That’s why he hired Siri and that’s why he fired Doug. He just wants a "yes” man. 

39 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

It wouldn’t have mattered. They would’ve gained the yards back some how. We couldn’t stop anything all game. We got lucky on a poor throw on the pick 6. 

1 minute ago, Road to Victory said:

I think Howie is running the show. That’s why he hired Siri and that’s why he fired Doug. He just wants a "yes” man. 

Maybe.  But we really need experience at this point.  Some of the teams we are playing have great coaches.  It's time for the coaching deficit to end.  We have enough talent on offense.

Just now, Road to Victory said:

It wouldn’t have mattered. They would’ve gained the yards back some how. We couldn’t stop anything all game. We got lucky on a poor throw on the pick 6. 

Yup pretty much. It’s just annoying how the league now feels they need to call everything against Philly and nothing for them.

24 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

Giants 35 - Eagles 23

Calling it now. 

Yup.. already made several predictions for this one.

Archived