GDT: Arizona Cardinals @ Philadelphia Eagles. 12-31-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

9 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

You know the front office is going to give him at least 1 more year. They need to replace both the offensive coordinator and defense. Next season doesn't turn into an improvement than Lurie has to clean house.

If he already has lost the locker room- and it looks like he actually has... there is no coming back from that. He is gone after the season.

23 hours ago, Lman said:

I'll say it. If we go 1 and out in the playoffs, I want to see nick and the coaching staff fired.

A little bit late on that call

23 hours ago, eaglestime34 said:

It's obvious by now this is a coaching problem. 

Ya think?????

22 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Same team that beat Dallas, same team SF struggled against. Didn't hear anyone in here complaining when that happened.

Really?  Go look at my post history

6 minutes ago, Talon said:

Really?  Go look at my post history

Mine too, I've been called all sorts of things for pointing out the obvious for months now. 

I hate this coach and this offense with the fire of 1,000 suns. Speaking of suns, can we launch the entire coaching staff into it (except Jeff Stoutland) ? If I never see this team run another stupid bubble screen play, I can die a happy man. 

30 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Mine too, I've been called all sorts of things for pointing out the obvious for months now. 

Same. Even when the team made the super bowl I hated the coach. He beat Daniel Jones and a team with no QB to get there. He's always sucked. I hated the hire when they made it, and hate it more now. We will never win with Sirianni. 

5 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Same. Even when the team made the super bowl I hated the coach. He beat Daniel Jones and a team with no QB to get there. He's always sucked. I hated the hire when they made it, and hate it more now. We will never win with Sirianni. 

well....never say never...there were so many people who were certain we would never win a SB with Nick Foles as QB...maybe lightning strikes for Siri as it did for Doug...not this season, but maybe next...

or maybe Bill B. decides he wants a change of scenery

If the rumors are true about analytics being too involved, then I don't get why people want the coaching staff gone. They'll just bring in another coach they can control and it'll be the same headache all over again. I think the anger is being misdirected here. Let Nick and co. do what they want to do and let's see if they have success.

53 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I hate this coach and this offense with the fire of 1,000 suns. Speaking of suns, can we launch the entire coaching staff into it (except Jeff Stoutland) ? If I never see this team run another stupid bubble screen play, I can die a happy man. 

The stupid bubble screen got Devonta Smith injured.  I mentioned it last week that this was bound to happen.   So sad, that we outsiders can sese and predicted this but our coaches couldn't.  Pathetic !!!

2 hours ago, Talon said:

Ya think?????

I know 

2 hours ago, MF POON said:

If the rumors are true about analytics being too involved, then I don't get why people want the coaching staff gone. They'll just bring in another coach they can control and it'll be the same headache all over again. I think the anger is being misdirected here. Let Nick and co. do what they want to do and let's see if they have success.

Then the coach needs to grow some balls and call out the people who are telling them to run these plays - if that even is that case? 

you’re saying that someone else is telling them to call that abomination of a series when we needed about 30 yards for a TD? 

5 hours ago, flyerdog said:

well....never say never...there were so many people who were certain we would never win a SB with Nick Foles as QB...maybe lightning strikes for Siri as it did for Doug...not this season, but maybe next...

or maybe Bill B. decides he wants a change of scenery

Lightening didn't strike for Doug. He changed the offense to make the most out of Foles' talents. Look what he's doing with the Jags. He has hardly any talent at all and he's winning down there. Sirianni runs 5 plays, and most of them are bubble screens. Dude is in over his head. 

It's an even worse feeling 24 hours later. You just can't lose at home to a 3-12 team, and even better, give up 30 points in a half!!!!

After SF and Dallass kicked the Iggles butts, I then knew that this team, coaching staff, etcc...was not a SB caliber team. The Seattle loss confirmed it, the AZ loss cemented it.

Eyes forward! Onto 2024???

:rock:

On 12/31/2023 at 7:48 PM, DBW said:

Heads gotta roll. But I dont think it’s Nick.  The defense is just trash.  The offense has set franchise records despite all the struggles and turnovers.  The defense is historically bad.  

When the offense is not either running the ball, or using quick slants to move the chains, then defense will be on the field all day… Even if he had good LBs... Defense gets tired and plays like Sh.. when the offensive strategy is so limited.

4 hours ago, Gannan said:

Lightening didn't strike for Doug. He changed the offense to make the most out of Foles' talents. Look what he's doing with the Jags. He has hardly any talent at all and he's winning down there. Sirianni runs 5 plays, and most of them are bubble screens. Dude is in over his head. 

I think Doug has underachieved in Jacksonville this year. He has an uber talented group that has battled some injuries but they should have more wins than they do. They’re barely hanging onto the division. 

7 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Then the coach needs to grow some balls and call out the people who are telling them to run these plays - if that even is that case? 

you’re saying that someone else is telling them to call that abomination of a series when we needed about 30 yards for a TD? 

Forget analytics, you have an owner that has been clear about his offensive philosophy and a GM that limits what defensive schemes we can run with the available personnel. No coach is going to be able to change that. Anyone they hire will have to be willing to work within the confines the FO outlines for them. That's how we ended up with Nick and why the next coach will likely be another yes man just looking for an opportunity rather then someone with a lot of credentials.

It was strange to see Bama looking like the Eagles in that bowl game last night.

Lurie is trigger happy at the first sign of trouble but even he couldn't fire a coach who's finishing the season 11-6 at worst. At this point it doesn't matter what the offense does (and it isn't looking good) our defense isn't even slowing teams down, the idea Patricia might be the answer was always a joke, because the problem is a talent deficiency on the back end coupled with horrible secondary coaching, I've never seen a worse tackling secondary than ours right now, we never bring a guy down at the first tackle, it's embarrassing.

I watched Arizona level it 28 all on Sunday and I said to my brother in law, even if the offense managed to get a big chunk play here Arizona would actively let us score to preserve clock and try and win with an 8, because this defense couldn't stop a peewee team Today and lo and behold, the defense spread it's cheeks again.

You could put revitalised Kansas City Andy Reid in charge of this team with JJ as DC and they couldn't win with this defensive personnel, the youngsters we have at DB are too raw, the experienced players we have at DB are washed, we're asking too few players to play too many snaps with too little talent and it's biting us in the ass.

This teams only shot in the play offs is that the Offense starts to play like last year and we win some shoot out's, but that's a vanishingly small chance.

11 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

He has an uber talented group

How many pro bowlers does he have?

49 minutes ago, Gannan said:

How many pro bowlers does he have?

On offense, he has a franchise QB, pro-bowl level players in Etienne, Ridley and Engram. Christian Kirk and Zay Jones are also pretty good. 

2 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

On offense, he has a franchise QB, pro-bowl level players in Etienne, Ridley and Engram. Christian Kirk and Zay Jones are also pretty good. 

None of those guys are going to the pro bowl this year except maybe Etienne who really crashed down to earth the last 1/2 of the seaosn. Ridly made the pro bowl once...3 years ago. He's been mediocre at best this year and a major disappointment. Engram also last made the pro bowl in 2020. Lawrence is wildy inconsistent and far from an all pro QB. Pederson is doing a lot with very little...unlike Serianni who has multiple pro bowlers and hall of famers but chooses to run the same 5 plays over and over again. 

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

None of those guys are going to the pro bowl this year except maybe Etienne who really crashed down to earth the last 1/2 of the seaosn. Ridly made the pro bowl once...3 years ago. He's been mediocre at best this year and a major disappointment. Engram also last made the pro bowl in 2020. Lawrence is wildy inconsistent and far from an all pro QB. Pederson is doing a lot with very little...unlike Serianni who has multiple pro bowlers and hall of famers but chooses to run the same 5 plays over and over again. 

Pro-Bowlers? Who cares about the Pro-Bowl? All the guys I mentioned are really good football players. Jax has a lot of talent. I’ve never heard anyone say otherwise until you. 

BTW, Lawrence did make the Pro-Bowl. 

Archived