GDT: Arizona Cardinals @ Philadelphia Eagles. 12-31-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

59 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Offense needed to do more though. 24 points is not enough against a defense that was near the bottom of the league in nearly every key category.

Offense did fine for the most part. Had very little time of possession and opportunities because the defense never got off the field.

42 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Yup it’s the script and Vegas is the director. 

And yet people STILL do not believe any of that....even after the debacle in dallas where detroit clearly won if not for calling back that 2 point conversion....

1 minute ago, GeorgeM37 said:

And yet people STILL do not believe any of that....even after the debacle in dallas where detroit clearly won if not for calling back that 2 point conversion....

It’s happening every single week. They tried to tell us early in the year with the script commercials. Now they are nowhere to be found. The league wants what it is getting. A lot of teams still in it at the end so that fans have a reason to go to games. Vegas likes it because people are still betting.

37 minutes ago, Hahahahaha said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

exposed again

onWwucRmP3R5.gif

14 minutes ago, Devaster said:

Offense did fine for the most part. Had very little time of possession and opportunities because the defense never got off the field.

They still f’ed up at the end when the team needed them to come through. They had 2 3 and outs on top of that last failed FG drive against a terrible defense.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They still f’ed up at the end when the team needed them to come through. They had 2 3 and outs on top of that last failed FG drive against a terrible defense.

If the defense makes them punt at least once they win. This one’s mainly in the defense.

1 minute ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

If the defense makes them punt at least once they win. This one’s mainly in the defense.

I completely agree with you! I’ve said a number of times it’s mostly on the defense. But offense was not good enough.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I completely agree with you! I’ve said a number of times it’s mostly on the defense. But offense was not good enough.

Still scored 24… not awful. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Offense wasn't good?  You're reaching if you blame this on the offense.

2 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Still scored 24… not awful. 

Exactly! To score 24 with their limited time of possession is good.  

Just now, Deacon4Life said:

Exactly! To score 24 with their limited time of possession is good.  

They even lost a drive because of the td from the defense. Pathetic to be up 15 to a 3 win team and lose.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie has done such a poor job of drafting secondary and he’s basically ignored the linebacker position completely. He doesn’t get a pass here. The defensive talent issues are on him. I never understood why the Eagles kept all of those defensive backs, because all of them were mostly prospects. A bunch of undrafted guys they hoped pan out. Now it’s time to legit invest in the secondary with higher picks than the 4th round. 

ideally, but we all know what will happen instead...A top 3 CB or S will be on the board and Howie will draft the #3 DE (replace Graham) or the #3 OT (replace Lane) 

58 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I think Howie is running the show. That’s why he hired Siri and that’s why he fired Doug. He just wants a "yes” man. 

Howie and Lurie are using the Chip experience to never go that route again. I doubt we ever see a head coach with prior experience come here again. 

2 hours ago, EagleFan85 said:

Jonathan Gannon just showed Nick what a game plan looks like.

He also put on a Running clinic for a guy who refuses to run the football.

Yeah I don’t think Jonathan was uncomfortable at all.  Took advantage of our weaknesses.  Isn’t that what you do in any sport, Or death match?  

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie has done such a poor job of drafting secondary and he’s basically ignored the linebacker position completely. He doesn’t get a pass here. The defensive talent issues are on him. I never understood why the Eagles kept all of those defensive backs, because all of them were mostly prospects. A bunch of undrafted guys they hoped pan out. Now it’s time to legit invest in the secondary with higher picks than the 4th round. 

There was only  so much money to go around coming into this season and it only gets worse next year.  keep in mind, Kelce is retiring (gonna need to invest in a veteran center or a new RG, Smitty is gonna need a new deal, lane is probably done soon (need to draft a RT), Swift needs  an extension, still need a good backup RB….this is just to try to maintain an certain level of offense.  If you go spending crazy money on defense the offense is gonna struggle.  It’s just a delicate balance.  

they do need to improve the talent on defense, but coming into this season everyone agreed that it was stacked on both sides of the ball.  Hindsight is 20/20

4 minutes ago, DBW said:

There was only  so much money to go around coming into this season and it only gets worse next year.  keep in mind, Kelce is retiring (gonna need to invest in a veteran center or a new RG, Smitty is gonna need a new deal, lane is probably done soon (need to draft a RT), Swift needs  an extension, still need a good backup RB….this is just to try to maintain an certain level of offense.  If you go spending crazy money on defense the offense is gonna struggle.  It’s just a delicate balance.  

they do need to improve the talent on defense, but coming into this season everyone agreed that it was stacked on both sides of the ball.  Hindsight is 20/20

Howie still made some questionable choices. Did he need to pay Cox as much as he did? Did he need to lowball CJGJ and keep both Slay and Bradbury? Did he have to anoint Dean the guy and let both White and Edwards go? Can’t keep Edwards fine, but why not try and keep White? Howie’s failure to pick solid linebackers and secondary players in the draft contributed to the lack of finances and lack of talent.

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

It’s never this simple.  It’s a team game.  Defense has issues and they are well known so they need to be protected. You don’t think they were gassed by second half?

Offense had multiple 3 and outs and that cannot happen.  The one to start the game was a killer. They settled for a FG later when they needed a TD. The only that has looked good this season is special teams.

1 hour ago, Deacon4Life said:

Offense wasn't good?  You're reaching if you blame this on the offense.

I’ve said so many times… it’s mostly on the defense!!! But the offense takes part of the blame too.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’ve said so many times… it’s mostly on the defense!!! But the offense takes part of the blame too.

That was the worst possible time for that Mialata penalty. It killed any chance for that to be a touchdown drive.

I was wondering where Avonte was all game...and then he shows up at the end to blow the game for us. Figures.

As of today, all discussions about this team should just focus on the off season for obvious reasons.

The draft. Free agency. Retiring players. New coaches. New GM. Rebuild talk, etc. 

It sucks, but moving past this team now is the best way to cope with the inevitable, upcoming disappointment(s). 

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Every dynasty has an end.

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree.
The offense lost us the Seattle game imo.
The defense can be blamed more for today’s loss. 
However, it’s both the offense/defense, and more importantly, coaching that are to blame for every loss this season. If we take it a step further - ultimately Howie and Jeffrey are to blame for the state of this team this season. 

Archived