GDT: Arizona Cardinals @ Philadelphia Eagles. 12-31-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

2 hours ago, Devaster said:

Offense did fine for the most part. Had very little time of possession and opportunities because the defense never got off the field.

Offense was supposed to run the ball all day, on the team that gives up a lot on the ground….Instead Cardinals ran all over us…and kept our offense mostly off the field. It is not that our defense was that horrible, but Cardinals offensive line is pretty good. We were out coached and outplayed.

1 minute ago, Southparkeagles said:

I agree.
The offense lost us the Seattle game imo.
The defense can be blamed more for today’s loss. 
However, it’s both the offense/defense, and more importantly, coaching that are to blame for every loss this season. If we take it a step further - ultimately Howie and Jeffrey are to blame for the state of this team this season. 

Siri urgently needs a genius OC sidekick. BJ has got to go.

From 10 - 1 to maybe 11 - 7? That might be a fireable offense. Most of the Coaches will be fired. 

The Seattle loss was BRUTAL. This loss was BRUTAL x1000. 

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

From 10 - 1 to 11- 7? That might be a fireable offense?

Heads gotta roll. But I dont think it’s Nick.  The defense is just trash.  The offense has set franchise records despite all the struggles and turnovers.  The defense is historically bad.  

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That was the worst possible time for that Mialata penalty. It killed any chance for that to be a touchdown drive.

I was fine with that being a penalty, but when the other team does it and they don't call it, that's where I have an issue.  They know how to dish out a devastating call at the worst time. 

2 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

I was fine with that being a penalty, but when the other team does it and they don't call it, that's where I have an issue.  They know how to dish out a devastating call at the worst time. 

The Eagles got no calls, but the also got no stops. It was the right call on Mialata and what’s worse is he didn’t need to do it. 

3 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Cowboys can’t win on the road. So I’d say Detroit 49ers likely.

Almost wish we could give buffalo that win back. Wouldn't mind seeing them win it. Them or Baltimore but eff San Fran, eff Dallas twice

18 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Siri urgently needs a genius OC sidekick. BJ has got to go.

But Jeffrey and Howie want coaches they can control. Steichen left on the first bus outta town after last season (for several reasons) But no decent or genius OC, or DC for that matter, wants their game plans tailored because an owner and his glorified accountant think they know more about football than professionals do. 

This defense just does not have the physicality to keep up with teams. They run out of gas by the third quarter.

Fire every coach and coordinator not named Stoutland. Move on from Cox, Graham,Slay,Bradberry, and every LB on the team.  Then draft Nothing but back 7 players with every single draft pick.  

4 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

This defense just does not have the physicality to keep up with teams. They run out of gas by the third quarter.

They looked tired from the start. The scheme sucks and they don't have the talent to overcome it. They were playing 10 yards off wr's on first down. The quick slant for 5 yards was automatic for Arizona constantly if they choose not to run the ball. Difficult for any pash rush to get home when they are handing it off or able to make fast easy completions with little resistance by our db's being 10 yards away.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles got no calls, but the also got no stops. It was the right call on Mialata and what’s worse is he didn’t need to do it. 

I agree, I'm fine with that call on Mailata if they actually call it when the other team does the same thing.  Sweat and Reddick were held like that 2 or 3 times each. 

Nick getting out coached on a weekly basis at this point.

This season the guy was getting out coached in games we somehow won. It started week one against Belechek.

4 minutes ago, EagleFan85 said:

Nick getting out coached on a weekly basis at this point.

This season the guy was getting out coached in games we somehow won. It started week one against Belechek.

Due mostly to the fact they’re massively talented. That’s why it’s so obvious they have quit. 

The defense scheme that we have if we have one is fundamentally flawed. It is completely broken and I don’t think we have the personnel.  Even at our best, we get soanked by average teams see Washington’s game last year.

This defense is too soft and while it claims to manhandle the other team at the line of scrimmage.  Good physical, running team can dictate and beat us up physically.  Gannon was in charge of the defense when Washington used a power running game to control the clock to beat us last year.  He simply followed that same game plan today.

PS:  This defense is the worst Eagles defense that I have seen over the last 2 decades. We need to switch to a different scheme.

Belecheat will be the next coach of the eagles once he is fired by the patriots since Jeffery Lurie has a love affair with them

Offseason priorities #1, both coordinators need replaced.

28 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Offseason priorities #1, both coordinators need replaced.

What about the guy who CHOSE those coordinators? Siri is clueless.

Is it true that Maddox got hurt yet again?

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That was the worst possible time for that Mialata penalty. It killed any chance for that to be a touchdown drive.

That penalty together with the dumb play calling yeah!

This is just not a good team.  I don't know if it's the coordinators or it went to their head or bonehead FO maneuvers.  All of the above?  I hated this game for weeks knowing how Gannon knew the team.  Sucks ass, but have to get ready for some painful games for the rest of the year however long it lasts. 

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

This is just not a good team.  I don't know if it's the coordinators or it went to their head or bonehead FO maneuvers.  All of the above?  I hated this game for weeks knowing how Gannon knew the team.  Sucks ass, but have to get ready for some painful games for the rest of the year however long it lasts. 

If we have to go into Dallas for the WC and we get spanked like last time, I’m quit 

9 hours ago, Talonblood said:

What about the guy who CHOSE those coordinators? Siri is clueless.

You know the front office is going to give him at least 1 more year. They need to replace both the offensive coordinator and defense. Next season doesn't turn into an improvement than Lurie has to clean house.

Archived