GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants, 1-7-24, 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

43 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

I've said that so many times. There's no reason this team can't just bully their way to first downs all game if they wanted to. But noooo you gotta get those deep throws to AJ. 

I wondered that in the Super Bowl, when that was the only play that worked.  I said it to my friends as we watched.  I have no background in football, but it didn't seem like too stupid of an idea to say out loud.

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

AJ has more game-killing fumbles in the last 5 games than TDs....maybe it's not just the coaching?

The dude needs to figure out how to hold on to the ball after catching it. Defenders are just knocking it out. 

They've been drilling it .. just not carrying over to the game for whatever reason 

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

They've been drilling it .. just not carrying over to the game for whatever reason 

Because theyre pressing so much. Everyone is so desperate for a spark, a big play, anything.

Well fellas look at the bright side......

Here is the problem:

Siri is a yes man to Lurie and Howie. The order came from Howie and Lurie to remove the DC late in the season. THAT started the downward spiral. Players didn't like it. Then they realized Siri has no power- the call came from the front office. The front office meddling and calling the shots- INSTEAD OF THE COACH- killed this team. Until Howie and Lurie let a coach actually coach, this is going to happen. Doug Pederson got sick of being a yes man, and as soon as he stood up for himself, they fired him. The Eagles are in trouble because the front office and ownership REFUSE to get a REAL head coach. They don't want him to have power. THAT is the problem.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Here is the problem:

Siri is a yes man to Lurie and Howie. The order came from Howie and Lurie to remove the DC late in the season. THAT started the downward spiral. Players didn't like it. Then they realized Siri has no power- the call came from the front office. The front office meddling and calling the shots- INSTEAD OF THE COACH- killed this team. Until Howie and Lurie let a coach actually coach, this is going to happen. Doug Pederson got sick of being a yes man, and as soon as he stood up for himself, they fired him. The Eagles are in trouble because the front office and ownership REFUSE to get a REAL head coach. They don't want him to have power. THAT is the problem.

this is quite possible, something is going on behind the scenes.  Maybe it is Roseman that is causing all these problems.  It just doesn't answer the question about the offense.  do you think Roseman is telling Sirianni not to have audibles?  I find that doubtful.  Do you think Sirianni doesn't believe in audibles?  That's hard to believe as a frank reich disciple.  Or maybe do the coaches think the QB can't manage audibles?  This would seem to be the most likely conclusion and also does, to some extent, explain the stories of bad practices.  Maybe trying to implement these things and he can't do it.    

At the end of the day I don't think it's just one thing which is very scary, but this league has somehow found the eagles weakness(es) and have absolutely feasted on them. 

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Here is the problem:

The last time they let a coach do his own thing it was Chip Kelly and you know Howie is scared of that. They will never again allow a coach to gain power in the front office. They just want a guy who plays nerf basketball ball with college students during interviews. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

The last time they let a coach do his own thing it was Chip Kelly and you know Howie is scared of that. They will never again allow a coach to gain power in the front office. They just want a guy who plays nerf basketball ball with college students during interviews. 

And to be honest nor should they. It needs to be a collective effort and not down to just one person in the organisation. All need to pull in the same direction for a team to succeed.

3 hours ago, DieselEagle said:

this is quite possible, something is going on behind the scenes.  Maybe it is Roseman that is causing all these problems.  It just doesn't answer the question about the offense.  do you think Roseman is telling Sirianni not to have audibles?  I find that doubtful.  Do you think Sirianni doesn't believe in audibles?  That's hard to believe as a frank reich disciple.  Or maybe do the coaches think the QB can't manage audibles?  This would seem to be the most likely conclusion and also does, to some extent, explain the stories of bad practices.  Maybe trying to implement these things and he can't do it.    

At the end of the day I don't think it's just one thing which is very scary, but this league has somehow found the eagles weakness(es) and have absolutely feasted on them. 

It's definitely not just 1 thing...which IS scary.  There are so many possibilities as to where problems lie...possibly starting with Lurie/Howie.  If they were the ones who forced the DC change, then that is a BIG part of the problem.  Sirianni said it was his decision, but of course he would say that because there's no way he could make it public knowledge that ownership is making these decisions.  This has the same stench of what happened with Pederson.  It could also be extremely damaging to getting any good coaching candidates.

And you're right, that wouldn't answer the issues with the offense.  I've long wondered if the offense is the way it is because Sirianni just isn't that good of an offensive mind/designer, or, if he designs it that way because he thinks that's all Hurts can handle.  Either way, it's a complete disaster and THAT falls squarely on Sirianni.

Sending Cox and Kelce out like this is the ultimate disrespect. 

I ranted about the front office yesterday, but now I also need to need to say this:

The freakin players should have played for PRIDE, no matter WHAT is going on.
You don't just freakin quit, and a LOT of these idiots DID quit. Unprofessional.
That's bullsheeeeiiiit.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

To be fair though, Chip made moronic decisions like trading LeSean and DJax and that had a ripple effect that led to him losing the team. I don't think it's unreasonable for the GM to not delegate those types of decisions to a HC. 

I think where  problems exist are Howie and Lurie playing fantasy football with the roster..and forcing a HC to deal with it. For all we know, Reid, Kelly, Pederson and even Sirianni might have been pleading for good LBs, for example, but Howie won't provide them...therein lies the problem too...HC/OC/DC tells you what he needs to be successful and you say "too bad...deal with what I give you..."

pure speculation as to if this is what might be happening, will we ever know the true story.....

1 hour ago, flyerdog said:

To be fair though, Chip made moronic decisions like trading LeSean and DJax and that had a ripple effect that led to him losing the team. I don't think it's unreasonable for the GM to not delegate those types of decisions to a HC. 

I think where  problems exist are Howie and Lurie playing fantasy football with the roster..and forcing a HC to deal with it. For all we know, Reid, Kelly, Pederson and even Sirianni might have been pleading for good LBs, for example, but Howie won't provide them...therein lies the problem too...HC/OC/DC tells you what he needs to be successful and you say "too bad...deal with what I give you..."

pure speculation as to if this is what might be happening, will we ever know the true story.....

Yeah it’s like coaches the leave Philly must sign NDAs or something. 😂 We will never know the true story but I would be surprised to see the Eagles bring in a head coach with coaching experience. Especially someone who would want FO say. They wrestled power from Reid, fired Chip after he took too much, and fired Doug when he started to try and flex some power. It will once again take months for the Eagles to find some obscure HC that no team wanted and I wouldn’t be surprised if his OC and DC were hired before e wa.

7 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Hire him as DC!!!

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

Hire him as DC!!!

Our Defense would be far more aggressive if we did. 

23 hours ago, Bob Manigan said:

well of course, its the final game of the season

* regular season

24 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Our Defense would be far more aggressive if we did. 

I think we should hire him today and let him call plays Monday. 

I don't know what is worst losing to the Giants, losing the NFC East and #1 seed when the Eagles had it all season, losing AJ Brown and Sidney Brown that day to serious knee injuries, or

simply seeing Cowboys fans celebrate winning the NFC East.

Nope I know its having to watch Cowboy fans talk crap.

sigh.

31 minutes ago, JournalistMic said:

I don't know what is worst losing to the Giants, losing the NFC East and #1 seed when the Eagles had it all season, losing AJ Brown and Sidney Brown that day to serious knee injuries, or

simply seeing Cowboys fans celebrate winning the NFC East.

Nope I know its having to watch Cowboy fans talk crap.

sigh.

well if the Cowboys lose in their first game, think about how joyous that will be

Archived