Jeffrey Lurie is a Bad Owner

wrestlevessel

He is the reason Howie Roseman stays no matter what, and we are forced to have horrible coordinators instead of good veterans. Cowboys get Dan Quinn for years while we get inexperienced duds. It is so cheap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Fight that pos in Lot F

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

You guys always say how he mendles in and says we have to pass instead of running the ball. He stinks. 

• Like 1

Howie sucks at evaluating qb contracts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Trade Lurie to Carolina for Tepper!  

• Haha 1

Which owner got this franchise it's 1st Super Bowl? Which owner has his team consistently in the playoffs in position to win? What was the Eagles overall record before he took ownership and what is it after he took ownership?

• Like 6

Yeah I’m not seeing how Lurie is a bad owner? He makes big decisions when he feels they need to be made. He generally picks good replacements. This team has made the play offs more than most teams during his tenure.

I can tell some of you haven't been fans all that long.  The owners before Laurie were bad owners.  You want to see a bad owner, look at the Raiders.  That's a bad owner.

• Like 8

Since Lurie bought the team, the only team to feature in the playoffs more often is the New England Patriots. Bad owner, my fat ass. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I’m not seeing how Lurie is a bad owner? He makes big decisions when he feels they need to be made. He generally picks good replacements. This team has made the play offs more than most teams during his tenure.

It's because many believe Lurie and Howie have too much say in the gameplans, and that Nick is just a figurehead.   If that really is the case, then I agree that Lurie is a bad owner. That would mean he's sabotaging his own franchise with poor decisions he should leave to the staff he hired.  If Howie is also involved in all of that, then those two should be receiving all the hate from fans regarding the recent collapse. 

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

It's because many believe Lurie and Howie have too much say in the gameplans, and that Nick is just a figurehead.   If that really is the case, then I agree that Lurie is a bad owner. That would mean he's sabotaging his own franchise with poor decisions he should leave to the staff he hired.  If Howie is also involved in all of that, then those two should be receiving all the hate from fans regarding the recent collapse. 

If he’s meddling then yeah I agree but we don’t really know that he is? And the evidence suggests through his tenure that he doesn’t do that. I think his blindspot for Howie is an issue but then not long ago we were all praising Howie (and not long before that we were ready to run him out of town).

The evidence proves that Jeff Lurie is not a bad owner.

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

Every now and then an idiot comes along and says Lurie is a bad owner...only when the team has a losing streak.  This team had horrible owners for decades and a losing culture, it was so bad that many fans still have an inferiority complex, extreme pessimism (Negadelphians) and insecurity and overreact and panic at every little thing.

Since Lurie bought the team he has brought a winning culture and professionalism.  The Eagles are known as a class organization from facilities to management and every area.  Lurie has fired coaches when they have a bad losing season even the successful ones.  Fans always want accountability and everyone fired...Lurie makes the necessary changes instead of sticking with a coach too long.  His ownership brought a lot of success and won their first Super Bowl.

We'll see what changes he makes this year.  Siri hasn't had a season like Reid or Pederson record-wise, but this collapse has been inexcusable.  If not firing Siri, then the coordinators must go and Howie also has to be held accountable for the handling of the defensive roster.  

But many franchises wish they had an owner as good as Lurie.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If he’s meddling then yeah I agree but we don’t really know that he is? And the evidence suggests through his tenure that he doesn’t do that. I think his blindspot for Howie is an issue but then not long ago we were all praising Howie (and not long before that we were ready to run him out of town).

Because we saw it with Pederson when they dictated who would be on his staff, and it's already been confirmed that they berated him over running so much, when they desired to see the team pass more. He wouldn't comply and got fired.

Word has gotten around that it was Lurie/Howie that made the decision to demote Desai, and we'll see this offseason if they choose Nick's OC/DC replacements as well.  I don't think that's Nick's playbook we're seeing at all.  I think he's taking the blame as a good yes man would, and Johnson would simply be a scapegoat. I mean, he's not even calling an offense he designed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Word has gotten around that it was Lurie/Howie that made the decision to demote Desai, and we'll see this offseason if they choose Nick's OC/DC replacements as well.  I don't think that's Nick's playbook we're seeing at all.  I think he's taking the blame as a good yes man would, and Johnson would simply be a scapegoat. I mean, he's not even calling an offense he designed.

Here’s my thing though… Sirianni seems like a good guy. He may, or may not, be a good HC but he seems like a good guy who’s passionate and enthusiastic. Surely if he’s not calling the shots with his coaches and that’s not his play book then he’d walk? He seems like a guy with morales.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Here’s my thing though… Sirianni seems like a good guy. He may, or may not, be a good HC but he seems like a good guy who’s passionate and enthusiastic. Surely if he’s not calling the shots with his coaches and that’s not his play book then he’d walk? He seems like a guy with morales.

Maybe. People are put into positions like that all the time and they suffer behind the scenes. We may very well see him walk due to frustration, or just get fired. There's probably some NDA that's been signed so he'd never say anything after the fact, but nothing really stays secret.  

I ain’t mad at Lurie or Howie this is getting out of hand.

The coordinators were the problem and now it’s Nick and the coordinators. If he loses to the Buccs bounce his fing ass outta here.

11 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

He is the reason Howie Roseman stays no matter what, and we are forced to have horrible coordinators instead of good veterans. Cowboys get Dan Quinn for years while we get inexperienced duds. It is so cheap.

I thought Lurie liked "cheap & tawdry"

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

Maybe. People are put into positions like that all the time and they suffer behind the scenes. We may very well see him walk due to frustration, or just get fired. There's probably some NDA that's been signed so he'd never say anything after the fact, but nothing really stays secret.  

I think if he were to quit (and I don’t think he will) that would tell us all. We wouldn’t need to know the inside story because that action would write itself.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not interested in Sirianni being a "nice guy".  This is NOT an "Employee of the Month" kind of thing.  Show results or you're out.

11 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

You guys always say how he mendles in and says we have to pass instead of running the ball. He stinks. 

Yea why is the owner dictating the offensive and defensive strategies? When he relinquishes control, his son is ann egghead analytics guy, so it should get much worse.

As bad as this season has turned out, and as much as I HATE, I mean really HATE Sirianni as the coach. The ownership is definitely top ten in the NFL. Look at how some other teams are run...

Carolina hires Frank Reich and the owner forces him to take Young when Riech wanted Stroud. Then he promptly fires Riech after a handful of games because Young sucks.

The Falcons draft high impact offensive rookies like London, Pitts, and Robinson, that don't seem to fit the HC's scheme because he refuses to use them.

The Raiders gave Gruden an insane deal, had to fire him then hired McDaniels who clearly had no idea what he was doing.

The Commanders lol

There are really bad owners in this league. Lurie isn't one of them. He doesn't always approach things the way I'd want him to, but this is one of the better run organizations in the NFL. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Talon said:

I'm not interested in Sirianni being a "nice guy".  This is NOT an "Employee of the Month" kind of thing.  Show results or you're out.

Woah hang on... I wasn't saying it is a good thing or that he is employee of the month and so that gives him a pass. I was more saying I think he seems like a good guy who would walk away if he wasn't able to get on and be HC. I think the issues we are seeing are because of him and that he isn't a good offensive coach and not because Lurie and Howie are limiting him.

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Woah hang on... I wasn't saying it is a good thing or that he is employee of the month and so that gives him a pass. I was more saying I think he seems like a good guy who would walk away if he wasn't able to get on and be HC. I think the issues we are seeing are because of him and that he isn't a good offensive coach and not because Lurie and Howie are limiting him.

He has done nothing over the last 3 years...and I mean nothing (including last year's super bowl run) to indicate he's an NFL head coach. No one else was interested in him. He's always been an offensive assistant under offensive head coaches. He never called plays before he got here and clearly couldn't handle it when he did, so he had to give it to Stieken. His "scheme" is the same 6 plays run out of different formations. Last year he had good coordinators and only had to beat Daniel Jones and a team with no QB to get to the super bowl.