Hurts is dissatisfied with Offensive calls

Traveler Vic

32 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

We can figure it out when the miracle trade happens...which won't happen.  You just can't invest so much in QBs and get this performance.

I don’t disagree with you there bud I really don’t. But I think right now the focus should be on trying to fix Jalen or get him back to near what he was last year. And maybe that’s not possible but they have to try given that investment.

Jalen Squirts can take a hike with  Siri and Co. Dude f'ing blows.  QBs would kill to have the O-line and offensive talent this team has. 

Also, he was clearly checked out on the sidelines even when teammates were trying to pump him up.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And hypothetically say you do manage to trade him… Given our draft position and the state of the defensive roster who do you replace him with?

I heard Tom Brady wants to come back. 

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You are probably right, but I still hope some miracle offer comes.  I watched him in college alot and I don't see anything new and have a good idea what another year will look like.  Shows how hard it is to get a quality QB.

I need to know something if you watched him in college.....was last year like his college years also? I am not trying to be funny but there are alot of people who say what you say about him being the same QB and I am not trying to stick up for him but I would like to know what changed between last year and this year....he was an MVP candidate last year so has things changed or is he the same, basically?

This is truly a want to know question....

If you don’t like the play and the look the def is showing you you change the play dip crap!  250 mil means you execute the plays!  

• Like 1

Is this going to be the thread for the haters to circle jerk in? lol

y'all enjoy yourselves, clean up when you're done 🥱

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I need to know something if you watched him in college.....was last year like his college years also? I am not trying to be funny but there are alot of people who say what you say about him being the same QB and I am not trying to stick up for him but I would like to know what changed between last year and this year....he was an MVP candidate last year so has things changed or is he the same, basically?

This is just my take.  Last year, he was a way better QB than I ever thought he could be.  This year, it looked like his early years here to me.  I want to say that I think he is a better QB thatn college (depsite my earlier comment).  I just think he reverts back to the same bad habits.  

OU was clearly the best team in the Big12 (not known for great defense), so he could get away with some issues.  He was a good leader and very athletic, so he stresses the defense.  He wins games.   He was impatient in the pocket and has happy feet.  Knows he is better athlete than most around him, so he relies on his legs to get out of trouble (broken big plays).  Doesn't read defenses well and reverts to his legs.  Likes the deep sideline attack (standard Air Raid) and defaults there.  He throws a good deep ball, so I can understand that comfort.  He is VERY dependent on talent around him performing at a high level, which I think was more of the issue this year than anything else.   Had a lot of OCs in his career which may have led to some of these items.  He was a very good college football player, but there were reasons that he ended up being picked where he was.

I think he has potential, but he needs to be coached hard. He has really improved his mechanics and is better than I thought he'd ever be. I think he lost the comfort of his QB coach and had another OC again.  Those throws that were on time and on platform were really nice last night.  That's the guy I like and what we saw mostly last year.  I am way more positive on him than I was coming out and see the intrigue with him.  I just know there are limitations.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Godfather said:

He's trash

Almost as bad as Nick and BJ

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

This is just my take.  Last year, he was a way better QB than I ever thought he could be.  This year, it looked like his early years here to me.  I want to say that I think he is a better QB thatn college (depsite my earlier comment).  I just think he reverts back to the same bad habits.  

OU was clearly the best team in the Big12 (not known for great defense), so he could get away with some issues.  He was a good leader and very athletic, so he stresses the defense.  He wins games.   He was impatient in the pocket and has happy feet.  Knows he is better athlete than most around him, so he relies on his legs to get out of trouble (broken big plays).  Doesn't read defenses well and reverts to his legs.  Likes the deep sideline attack (standard Air Raid) and defaults there.  He throws a good deep ball, so I can understand that comfort.  He is VERY dependent on talent around him performing at a high level, which I think was more of the issue this year than anything else.   Had a lot of OCs in his career which may have led to some of these items.  He was a very good college football player, but there were reasons that he ended up being picked where he was.

I think he has potential, but he needs to be coached hard. He has really improved his mechanics and is better than I thought he'd ever be. I think he lost the comfort of his QB coach and had another OC again.  Those throws that were on time and on platform were really nice last night.  That's the guy I like and what we saw mostly last year.  I am way more positive on him than I was coming out and see the intrigue with him.  I just know there are limitations.  

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me because I had never heard of him until they drafted him. I thought I was wrong and ate major crow last year with the way he played but this season was a complete turnaround and I couldn't understand exactly went wrong this season.....this explanation does give me a little more insight so thanks again...

12 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me because I had never heard of him until they drafted him. I thought I was wrong and ate major crow last year with the way he played but this season was a complete turnaround and I couldn't understand exactly went wrong this season.....this explanation does give me a little more insight so thanks again...

There will be plenty of opinions and mine is just one.  Read his pre draft scouting reports. 

Here's where I think we have an issue.  He is tying up so much cap space that the team is going to have to make sacrifices.  I am not sure that will work well for any of us, because he needs talent around him...this year Howie walked/let walk alot of key defensive players that may be tied to his cap hit and look how that worked out.  I like the guy, but I don't see him as the elite QB that just picks everyone up around him to a very high level, so that's an issue.  That's why I said earlier that the "Wentz plan" that Howie pulled may be the answer again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

There will be plenty of opinions and mine is just one.  Read his pre draft scouting reports. 

Here's where I think we have an issue.  He is tying up so much cap space that the team is going to have to make sacrifices.  I am not sure that will work well for any of us, because he needs talent around him...this year Howie walked/let walk alot of key defensive players that may be tied to his cap hit and look how that worked out.  I like the guy, but I don't see him as the elite QB that just picks everyone up around him to a very high level, so that's an issue.  That's why I said earlier that the "Wentz plan" that Howie pulled may be the answer again.

I agree....everytime I looked at this sorry defense and thought about TJ Edwards, White, Epps, CJGJ, etc...all the key players that Howie let leave and I get pissed....and look at how that turned out.....I will do that later today, check out his pre draft scouting report....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Hurts hoped to move away from relying too heavily on downfield throws in favor of short-to-intermediate and middle-of-the-field throws, adds McManus.

Hurts got his way in the last six games and it sucked. We have more offensive weapons than necessary but they're wasted on underneath passes that are lucky to get a few yards.

We'd be better off with a pocket passer who could take full advantage of the sensational Smith and Brown. If teams had to constantly watch out for deep passes it'd also open up the running game on rpos. Instead the defenses can concentrate on the line to stifle those short passes and the running game at the same time. 

Unfortunately Hurts seems to be a deceptively "humble" egomaniac who'll keep doing things his way trying to prove he's right.
Or maybe he's just tired of playing football and wants to get canned so he can enjoy his millions now that he's been paid.

On top of which we have super lame back-ups. Mariota? Who engineered this disaster? 

Outside of the bomb to Devonta, McKee could have looked no worse out there last night.

11 hours ago, nicks said:

take Prescott in a heartbeat

what?

the problem is that QBs aren't worth $50 Million a year unless they're one of the top 1/4 of the vets,  but more vet QBs aren't that.   Prescott isn't that.

Rookie QB Lamar Jackson goes 6-1 at the end of the 2018,  Ravens make the playoffs.
2nd year QB Lamar Jackson goes 13-2 in 2019. #1 seed.  MVP.

Young player is cheap.  Running QB wins immediately.   Give $50M to a QB and it's a lot harder to put talent everywhere else. 

If Hurts is a problem, it's that he costs too much.  Prescott also costs too much.   All them QBs, except Mahomes and maybe some others,  cost too much.  But that's the way it goes in the NFL.

Appears Goedert is flipping off Hurts. Can’t blame him 

Screensho.jpeg

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

There's a lot of room for Hurts to run up the middle / to the left right there.

34 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Outside of the bomb to Devonta, McKee could have looked no worse out there last night.

Mariota.   There is no evidence that McKee is any good at all.

By and large it was the same onfield personnel as last year. The difference IMO was the play calling. It's clear to me that the OC and DC we had last year masked much of Siriani's deficiencies... we lost both at the same time and the curtain was pulled aside.

I honestly don't think the onfield personnel and/or how Howie went about trying to patch holes was the problem...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, It Hurts said:

Appears Goedert is flipping off Hurts. Can’t blame him 

Screensho.jpeg

He's showing him how to properly wrap an injured finger, just looking out for his teammate.  :lol:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Well this "report" came from someone "familiar with Hurts thinking."

Who is that?  What does that mean?  Lots of stuff comes out when they lose from "sources."

I know you can’t always believe what you see or read, but when Jalen had his press conference he did not deny that he’s been critical about the offense and when he was asked to support Sirianni directly he said he supported everyone in the facility basically. Jalen said a lot without saying much, and I think back to that time when Sirianni blew up at him on the sidelines and I wonder if that’s where the rift started. For some reason or another Jalen definitely was not playing the same caliber football he was last season. When the defense fell apart so did the offense. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He's showing him how to properly wrap an injured finger, just looking out for his teammate.  :lol:

I see it now 🤣

4 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

The coaching around him changed. Hurts expressed that he wanted the short to intermediate passing attack and routes. Didn't we all want that? Obviously Steichen took his playbook with him and only left BJ with about 7 plays to work with this season. BJ was in way over his head and as arrogant and cocky as Siri is I can absolutely see the truth that he probably overrides BJ into calling the unnecessary deep shots. This whole team regressed this year. That was obvious week 1 and exploded a few weeks ago when several players and coaches had words with Siri on the sidelines. That's a toxic environment and Lurie needs to do the right thing and listen to the players just as he did with the Chip situation and ended it with Siri and his crew. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BornGreen said:

If you don’t like the play and the look the def is showing you you change the play dip crap!  250 mil means you execute the plays!  

Could be both plays he's given are trash. We saw him audible into a mess

35 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It was dumbfounding how often the Bucs blitzed up the middle and the Eagles threw everything to the sidelines from stupid screens to pass plays where two receivers were in the same location. If these were Sirianni’s corrections then he needs to go.