Hurts is dissatisfied with Offensive calls

Traveler Vic

If I see one more 1-yard pass...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

When the going gets tough next season can anyone rely on the HC to be the voice of reason? This dude was screaming at Chiefs fans for no apparent reason. All of the sideline outbursts just look completely unprofessional. Even when this team was 10-1 the leaks came out about this being an unhappy 10-1 team so this thing has been brewing for months now. 

Yeah, that doesn't look good now looking back.  I do like a coach with some emotion and fire (Andy drove me nuts with his blank emotionless sleepy stares and monotonous press conferences).  But Nick now looks like a clown for doing some of that now that he let his team completely collapse. 

Last year we were dominating teams.  This year during the 10-1 stretch, even though we were winning, we were winning ugly and miraculous.  Our defense earlier in the season was healthier and playing better, and were keeping us in close games.  When they collapsed it was over because the offense was a disaster from the get go. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Yeah, that doesn't look good now looking back.  I do like a coach with some emotion and fire (Andy drove me nuts with his blank emotionless sleepy stares and monotonous press conferences).  But Nick now looks like a clown for doing some of that now that he let his team completely collapse. 

Last year we were dominating teams.  This year during the 10-1 stretch, even though we were winning, we were winning ugly and miraculous.  Our defense earlier in the season was healthier and playing better, and were keeping us in close games.  When they collapsed it was over because the offense was a disaster from the get go. 

I don’t see how they can sell anyone on Sirianni coming back as a good thing. Like it or not Hurts is the quarterback they’re committed to and it doesn’t seem like he’s trying to get out of town, and it doesn’t seem like he’s that big of a fan of the HC. If it comes down to Hurts or the coach I think this time it’s the coach. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t see how they can sell anyone on Sirianni coming back as a good thing. Like it or not Hurts is the quarterback they’re committed to and it doesn’t seem like he’s trying to get out of town, and it doesn’t seem like he’s that big of a fan of the HC. If it comes down to Hurts or the coach I think this time it’s the coach. 

hurts is not the issue. sure he has things he needs to improve but when you can't gameplan a blitz whats a QB to do??!?? its not like he is going to be drawing up plays in the middle of the game. i mean the middle is WIDE OPEN and no receivers ever runs to the middle on a blitz..why?

• Like 4

Just now, Soumak said:

hurts is not the issue. sure he has things he needs to improve but when you can't gameplan a blitz whats a QB to do??!?? its not like he is going to be drawing up plays in the middle of the game. i mean the middle is WIDE OPEN and no receivers ever runs to the middle on a blitz..why?

My point only is Hurts has signed a big contract and unlike the previous quarterback who did that, he’s not looking to leave Philly, but it does feel like Sirianni and Hurts aren’t on the same page. If the Eagles are forced to choose they will pick the quarterback over the coach. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

My point only is Hurts has signed a big contract and unlike the previous quarterback who did that, he’s not looking to leave Philly, but it does feel like Sirianni and Hurts aren’t on the same page. If the Eagles are forced to choose they will pick the quarterback over the coach. 

You have a battle between The owner surrounded by puppets and his analytics … and football professionals rebelling against idiots in charge. Either JL changes his entire philosophy in the next 7 days and fires Siri… or this will be a team decade in rebuilding. Why decade? Because while Eagles were winning, this was a destination for free agents, and other than Stoutland we don’t have a single coach who is a teacher and a coach. So if they can’t hire good help, or teach their picks then what is left?? Hit and miss drafts that produce nothing but departed players who flourish on other teams. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Lurie strikes me as an emotionally invested guy who doesn't like making emotional decisions. This delay may just be a Jeffrey Lurie cool down period that's needed prior to making the obvious choice. 

This is a good observation, and highlights a reason why he is successful in what he does. Letting some of the heat out of the situation before making a big decision is the intelligent thing to do.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ever had a one-on-one meeting with a manager and they say "I hear you and I understand. I may even agree. But these decisions are coming from upstairs above my pay grade". I feel like this is what's happening with Siri and his players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Ever had a one-on-one meeting with a manager and they say "I hear you and I understand. I may even agree. But these decisions are coming from upstairs above my pay grade". I feel like this is what's happening with Siri and his players.

The Eagles are going to listen to their quarterback and their captains. If the captains lost confidence in the HC I see no way he’s coming back. You saw this team and all of the dysfunction. Sirianni had no clue how to fix it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles are going to listen to their quarterback and their captains. If the captains lost confidence in the HC I see no way he’s coming back. You saw this team and all of the dysfunction. Sirianni had no clue how to fix it. 

It wasn't fixable once someone tells you to demote your DC in-season. The lack of EQ and optics alone are killers for morale.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

This is a good observation, and highlights a reason why he is successful in what he does. Letting some of the heat out of the situation before making a big decision is the intelligent thing to do.

You know it this were a Dallas like collapse then I’d agree, but this thing has been brewing for a long time now. I don’t think it’s wise to stew too long on this. We don’t need another situation where all of the great candidates are hired, because Lurie and Howie take too long to make a decision. Either keep the guy (though that looks like a really bad idea) or fire him and start interviewing people.

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

It wasn't fixable once someone tells you to demote your DC in-season. The lack of EQ and optics alone are killers for morale.

This thing was broken even before that choice. The defense and the offense never fully jelled. This team was called "an unhappy 10-1” back then. The issues have been brewing for quite sometime. 

Here's the deal with Hurts, he has to realize that what makes a QB great are 2 fold, accuracy and how to maneuver in the pocket.

His accuracy is fine but his pocket presence is severely lacking, that run right is HS action that plays right into the hands of the defense.

He needs to watch as much film on mobility in the pocket as possible, often times the protection is holding up and he runs right......for no F'ing reason!!

TikTok link, can't find it on YouTube or Twitter. Steve Smith on week 3 Thursday Night Football vs the Bucs says the Eagles run "a high school offense" and the problem isn't Hurts, it's the Head Coach. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8gsNKbL/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Here's the deal with Hurts, he has to realize that what makes a QB great are 2 fold, accuracy and how to maneuver in the pocket.

His accuracy is fine but his pocket presence is severely lacking, that run right is HS action that plays right into the hands of the defense.

He needs to watch as much film on mobility in the pocket as possible, often times the protection is holding up and he runs right......for no F'ing reason!!

If Hurtz only had a QB coach…to improve him, he would not have regressed.

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

If Hurtz only had a QB coach…to improve him, he would not have regressed.

This is a super underrated aspect of this whole thing. Brian Johnson did a good job of staying on Hurts about bad habits I'm thinking, like he's done....for a "long time". But once he got promoted on the other hand...

This is the ficklest fanbase on the planet.

26 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

how so? we are the most knowledgably. People were saying going to MP was a terrible mistake! people are saying if you don't throw in the middle of the filed during a blitz its going to be bad. people were saying you are 10-1 but this is not a good team. seems like people were right.

4 minutes ago, Soumak said:

how so? we are the most knowledgably. People were saying going to MP was a terrible mistake! people are saying if you don't throw in the middle of the filed during a blitz its going to be bad. people were saying you are 10-1 but this is not a good team. seems like people were right.

Because they turn on guys overnight and eat their own. Hurts has gone from the toast of the town to persona non grata apparently, but I guess it's really not surprising here since a lot of the fans never wanted to even give him a chance and only begrudgingly embraced him last year.

12 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Because they turn on guys overnight and eat their own. Hurts has gone from the toast of the town to persona non grata apparently, but I guess it's really not surprising here since a lot of the fans never wanted to even give him a chance and only begrudgingly embraced him last year.

Not sure what you’re reading but the vast majority of the blame by fans is being directed to the incompetence of the coaching staff.   The vast majority are defending Hurts and the statistics back it up.  

For example:  Hurts has a perfect passer rating of 158+ on throws 10-20 yards in the middle of the field and a 96+ passer rating to throws middle of the field 0-10 yards yet this incompetent coaching staff only has called 5.2% of plays to the middle of the field.  Thats 100% on the coaching staff.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2024 at 9:45 AM, NOTW said:

Not having any routs that incorporate the middle of the field is one of the most baffling things I've seen in the 40 years I've been watching football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

TikTok link, can't find it on YouTube or Twitter. Steve Smith on week 3 Thursday Night Football vs the Bucs says the Eagles run "a high school offense" and the problem isn't Hurts, it's the Head Coach. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8gsNKbL/

That's what I see, and that's my problem with the "we should keep Sirianni because he's made the playoffs every year". Chimp did too, until he didn't. This is a very basic offense that has been figured out. They will be lucky to win 3 games next year running it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I know the difference between a good NFL offense and a bad one. The Giants are a bad team because they have bad players. However, look at their scheme. Look how many different ways they line up Barkley (the only good player they have). Everyone knows they are trying to get Barkley the ball, but they scheme him open. Look at Washington. They suck. Their QB sucks, but they found ways to put him in position to make wide open easy plays. We do none of that. We run the same 6 plays regardless of who are opponent is. On first down it's usually that sideline comeback route. When that doesn't work 2nd down is always a bubble screen that hasn't worked all year.  3rd and long is a deep sideline route. 

It's not being fickle. Its just using my eyeballs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1