Hurts is dissatisfied with Offensive calls

Traveler Vic

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I know you can’t always believe what you see or read, but when Jalen had his press conference he did not deny that he’s been critical about the offense and when he was asked to support Sirianni directly he said he supported everyone in the facility basically. Jalen said a lot without saying much, and I think back to that time when Sirianni blew up at him on the sidelines and I wonder if that’s where the rift started. For some reason or another Jalen definitely was not playing the same caliber football he was last season. When the defense fell apart so did the offense. 

Absolutely no one was playing the same caliber as last year. You and others keep talking about "for some reason" when it's been made obvious of the reasons why. It has become a toxic environment and the players disconnected from the coaches 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Heavywchamp said:

Absolutely no one was playing the same caliber as last year. You and others keep talking about "for some reason" when it's been made obvious of the reasons why. It has become a toxic environment and the players disconnected from the coaches 

There is still a particular reason why this all happened. It being the "toxic environment” as you put it is the outcome of that reason and not the cause. Ultimately to me it seems like this team needs discipline and a head coach they can count on to make the right moves. Players don’t usually quit on a coach unless they no longer buy into what he’s selling. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

There's a lot of room for Hurts to run up the middle / to the left right there.

Are you kidding me? He would've gotten smashed if tried to run up the middle

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

There is still a particular reason why this all happened. It being the "toxic environment” as you put it is the outcome of that reason and not the cause. Ultimately to me it seems like this team needs discipline and a head coach they can count on to make the right moves. Players don’t usually quit on a coach unless they no longer buy into what he’s selling. 

Your last sentence is most definitely the reason. It's not about 1 or 2 players. The entire team quit on both sides of the ball. Lurie needs to end this and end it immediately. Today or tomorrow but it needs to end soon and not be drawn out. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

The lack of identity for the Eagles' offense - which averaged just over 20 points per game during a 1-6 finish to the regular season - reportedly has been caused by a disconnect between Hurts' vision, head coach Nick Sirianni, and first-year offensive coordinator Brian Johnson.

Nick, Brian, and Jalen

IMG_0389.thumb.jpeg.5d366caa1612332bd407f7dc5307c283.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can’t really blame Hurts at this point.  I was at the game last night and they were blitzing him on almost every play.  The offensive design to pick up a blitz are 2 freaking plays - WR screen (sometimes to a RB) or to throw it deep.  Nothing is designed for the middle of the field - absolutely unacceptable.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Your last sentence is most definitely the reason. It's not about 1 or 2 players. The entire team quit on both sides of the ball. Lurie needs to end this and end it immediately. Today or tomorrow but it needs to end soon and not be drawn out. 

I do believe this team quit on their coach a while ago. They were looking for answers and he had none so they tuned him out. I mean veteran players forgetting how to tackle? Some of these play designs are just embarrassing. They have two receivers running the same routes to the same locations. Everything to the sidelines. This team quit on their coaches weeks ago. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I do believe this team quit on their coach a while ago. They were looking for answers and he had none so they tuned him out. I mean veteran players forgetting how to tackle? Some of these play designs are just embarrassing. They have two receivers running the same routes to the same locations. Everything to the sidelines. This team quit on their coaches weeks ago. 

That's what happens under incompetent leadership.  Once they realize it's hopeless and the leaders have no answers, everyone mentally checks out.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Can’t really blame Hurts at this point.  I was at the game last night and they were blitzing him on almost every play.  The offensive design to pick up a blitz are 2 freaking plays - WR screen (sometimes to a RB) or to throw it deep.  Nothing is designed for the middle of the field - absolutely unacceptable.  

This is why Sirianni needs to go, because even if this is all on Johnson (and I don’t think it is) then where is Sirianni’s input? He’s supposed to the the guy who rights the ship, and he basically stole their sails. If the next OC is smarter than the HC then why do we need the HC at all? Guys aren’t practicing fundamental football and that’s why you see them constantly running into one another on offense and defense. Why you see crippling penalties from the offensive line on drives. Why you see poor blitz pickup practices. Why guys are blowing coverage assignments. It’s all due to the culture Sirianni built. No practice and no accountability. It has to end. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Arsenal79 said:

That's what happens under incompetent leadership.  Once they realize it's hopeless and the leaders have no answers, everyone mentally checks out.

Exactly and the longer Lurie waits, the worse things will get. Bringing back Sirianni is guaranteed he’s fired in the middle of next season because the players are out on Siri. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Exactly and the longer Lurie waits, the worse things will get. Bringing back Sirianni is guaranteed he’s fired in the middle of next season because the players are out on Siri. 

Yep.  Zero chance Sirianni lasts through next season if he is brought back. He’s not willing to change his offense so I doubt he would be willing to bring in a coordinator that would do exactly that - and that’s the only chance this team has of improving next season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

Yep.  Zero chance Sirianni lasts through next season if he is brought backs.  He’s not willing to change his offense so I doubt he would be willing to bring in a coordinator that would do exactly that - and that’s the only chance this team has of improving next season. 

When the going gets tough next season can anyone rely on the HC to be the voice of reason? This dude was screaming at Chiefs fans for no apparent reason. All of the sideline outbursts just look completely unprofessional. Even when this team was 10-1 the leaks came out about this being an unhappy 10-1 team so this thing has been brewing for months now. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Exactly what happens in a corporate environment. I have seen it and I am sure the rest of you had at some point in your careers. Once the employees check out, they no longer care about their leader looking good.....it is the perfect analogy

• Like 1

Siri has to go now. His whole staff has to go except O-line and ST coaches. They did their jobs well enough to stick around.

Hurts who seems like he's stupid, needs a season with a real coaching staff to assess whether he was part of this problem too or not. With the $ they're paying Hurts, he gets the one more year anyway, so bring in real top shelf coaches and work with him. Raise the bar on his performance to the top and see if he can reach it. If he does, great! We then have our true franchise QB. If he doesn't, great! We then know 100% that we need a franchise QB. Staying in the middle ground of 'maybe" is imbecilic. 

All the 1 year mercenaries on defense should be gone. Figure out how to reduce or spread out Bradberry's cap hit and send him packing too.

I guess what I'm hoping for is a tear down to what can be counted on and then to rebuild around that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Siri has to go now

The fact that he’s not yet gone yet is a major worry.

• Like 3

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The fact that he’s not yet gone yet is a major worry.

I can't imagine he stays. He had absolutely zero ideas to solve any of their on the field problems. He actually not only solved zero problems, he created some. The team checked out on him. The fans have checked out on him. Hurts has regressed horribly under his guidance or lack thereof. Too many things are wrong for him to stay.

I firmly believe that Jeffrey Lurie knows he has to fire that Intern and his clown show staff (other than O-line and ST). I'll be stunned if he stays.

3 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I can't imagine he stays. He had absolutely zero ideas to solve any of their on the field problems. He actually not only solved zero problems, he created some. The team checked out on him. The fans have checked out on him. Hurts has regressed horribly under his guidance or lack thereof. Too many things are wrong for him to stay.

I firmly believe that Jeffrey Lurie knows he has to fire that Intern and his clown show staff (other than O-line and ST). I'll be stunned if he stays.

I think so too.  At this point it could be about optics and procedures, etc - likely going to have a meeting with Sirianni to see how he feels about brining others in and completely changing his offensive strategy.  Any hesitation from Sirianni (which is likely) and he’ll be gone, imo.

3 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I just think he’ll give him another year as that tends to be his way. He gives his HCs a year after a bad season to right things.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just think he’ll give him another year as that tends to be his way. He gives his HCs a year after a bad season to right things.

Well he canned Chip Kelly pretty quick but you may be right. Time will tell. I simply am of the opinion that he should be packing up his office right now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

No running game, and instead of short slants Siri is constantly calling for deep throws. What do you think will happen??? High reward = High Risk. Intersections, predictability, loss of confidence in your head coach and play caller. Siri has got to go.

15 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Headline should surprise nobody. Everyone is dissatisfied with the Eagles playcalling. I'm pretty chill as a fan, but I swear whoever was calling all those empty backfield plays tonight should be fired into the midle of the sun, along with whoever drew up all those screens. That was beyond pathetic. And what's the point in pretending to be an RPO when you never run the ball?

And w/o a damn clue of what to do against a blitz that everyone at home knows is coming b4 the defense even shows smdh

• Like 1

Just now, PoconoDon said:

Well he canned Chip Kelly pretty quick but you may be right. Time will tell. I simply am of the opinion that he should be packing up his office right now.

I just don’t know why they haven’t acted immediately? This team fell apart the last 2 months and Sirianni did nothing that worked to change it. It seems obvious that he needs to be fired and yet he’s still the HC. Makes no sense.

I just don’t know why they haven’t acted immediately? This team fell apart the last 2 months and Sirianni did nothing that worked to change it. It seems obvious that he needs to be fired and yet he’s still the HC. Makes no sense.

Lurie strikes me as an emotionally invested guy who doesn't like making emotional decisions. This delay may just be a Jeffrey Lurie cool down period that's needed prior to making the obvious choice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Lurie strikes me as an emotionally invested guy who doesn't like making emotional decisions. This delay may just be a Jeffrey Lurie cool down period that's needed prior to making the obvious choice. 

It could be it really could be. I just think it’s much more likely he gives the clown a year to correct things. Which he won’t because he can’t.

It could be it really could be. I just think it’s much more likely he gives the clown a year to correct things. Which he won’t because he can’t.

If you're right about that, it'll be a tough year to watch, but having that 1st overall pick in 2025 might be exciting.

• Like 1

Just now, PoconoDon said:

If you're right about that, it'll be a tough year to watch, but having that 1st overall pick in 2025 might be exciting.

I genuinely think this is going to play out as follows. Sirianni will be back and BJ will be back (there’s a small chance he’s gone). A new DC is hired and they try to correct things next year. But there’s no difference and the eagles will be a bottom 5 team next year.