Hurts is dissatisfied with Offensive calls

Traveler Vic

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well that’s kind of his job now. He might not be calling the plays, but he better make sure these guys are prepared to run this plays properly. 

Couldn't agree more! If this team is sloppy, ill disciplined and / or unprepared for games then that is on him.

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s going to take a while for anything to really stick, and I just hope they will be willing to let this play out over time and not jettison everyone if this plan for next season implodes and I have trouble believing that it won’t. Too much change in a small amount of time. What will be considered a successful season for Sirianni next year? What gets him an extension? If the Eagles hover around .500 is that enough for Sirianni to get an extension? Will another first round exit do it? Just feels like the uncertainty of next season and the pressure of hoping it works out might be too much for this team to handle. I hope I’m wrong though. 

You are either trying to lower your own expectations for the Eagles? Or you are stating that the expectations should be lowered. Expectations should be lowered. Mine already are. Lets watch what happens and hopefully it will get better..because like I said in another post..it could not be possibly be worse than the 7 last games of last season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

You are either trying to lower your own expectations for the Eagles? Or you are stating that the expectations should be lowered. Expectations should be lowered. Mine already are. Lets watch what happens and hopefully it will get better..because like I said in another post..it could not be possibly be worse than the 7 last games of last season.

Whilst I can't wait for this season to be over I am kind of looking forward to next year. Right now (and of course this might and probably will change) I have no expectations for next year. A new OC and DC (again) and a structure that could work or could be a disaster. An offense that has a lot of talent and a defense that needs a lot of work. We could be really good next year, we could be really bad and I have no idea how it is going to play out. So right now I just want to see what Moore and Fangio bring to the table and what differences we see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It all depends on FA and the draft. They have a roster that can win now, especially with a couple of nice/big signings. I expect them to be a playoff team next season, not sure if they'll be the 1 or 2 seed tho.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Hope you knocked on wood as you were typing that.  Remember last offseason when people were saying the defense couldn't possibly be worse (when Gannon was leaving)?  Enter Desai.  And then were saying the same when Desai was removed from play-calling duties and Patricia took over.  In both cases it was indeed worse.

Anyway, the seem to have the right coordinators now (obviously need to see how it all plays out).  It is now Howie time ... he needs to add the missing pieces to give them something to work with.  Based on the comments he made during his PC last week, I expect a (much needed) focus on the defense this offseason.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

It all depends on FA and the draft. They have a roster that can win now, especially with a couple of nice/big signings. I expect them to be a playoff team next season, not sure if they'll be the 1 or 2 seed tho.

This roster cannot win right now. They can't or don't tackle. They are underachievers. They can't cover anyone. They can't get a stop on the field / force a punt.

And, we can't handle the blitz. We'll see plenty of that next year. Can Hurts bounce back? He wasn't good.

And, the tush push is nifty, but can we just move the chains in 3 downs? Last playoff game, I think we were 0 for 10 or something on 3rd down.

We stink. My expectations are low. There was some bad coaching, but the players laid an egg on the field nearly every game down the stretch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

This roster cannot win right now. They can't or don't tackle. They are underachievers. They can't cover anyone. They can't get a stop on the field / force a punt.

And, we can't handle the blitz. We'll see plenty of that next year. Can Hurts bounce back? He wasn't good.

And, the tush push is nifty, but can we just move the chains in 3 downs? Last playoff game, I think we were 0 for 10 or something on 3rd down.

We stink. My expectations are low. There was some bad coaching, but the players laid an egg on the field nearly every game down the stretch.

This roster couldn't win because for whatever reason they seemed to quit. Whether they did or not we will never know (or may never know) but what we saw was a team that looked like it had quit. But next year is a new year and we don't know how this team is going to respond and what changes they are going to make during the off season. We know they have a new DC and a new OC. We know they will have a decent amount of cap space and we know they have a first round pick and 2 x second round picks plus other picks to bolster this roster.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

UK already addressed you properly, so there's no need for me to chime in more 😄

• Like 1

Just now, MF POON said:

UK already addressed you properly, so there's no need for me to chime in more 😄

See we can get on sometimes bud! 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This roster couldn't win because for whatever reason they seemed to quit. Whether they did or not we will never know (or may never know) but what we saw was a team that looked like it had quit. But next year is a new year and we don't know how this team is going to respond and what changes they are going to make during the off season. We know they have a new DC and a new OC. We know they will have a decent amount of cap space and we know they have a first round pick and 2 x second round picks plus other picks to bolster this roster.

This! 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

See we can get on sometimes bud! 😉

I usually agree with most people here unless they're overly negative and you definitely aren't one of those fans. I think we disagreed about Nick, but that's all I can recall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

This! 

I usually agree with most people here unless they're overly negative and you definitely aren't one of those fans. I think we disagreed about Nick, but that's all I can recall.

I was only playing bud as I know we had a little disagreement (nothing more) fairly recently. Can't even remember what it was about so goes to show what a big deal it was.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I was only playing bud as I know we had a little disagreement (nothing more) fairly recently. Can't even remember what it was about so goes to show what a big deal it was.

haha, ah I gotcha. no worries 

• Thanks 1

Hurts is in a very good spot now with Moore so this issue should go away.  Just has to listen and make the right read.

• Like 3