Official Coaching Changes: DC Fangio; OC Kellen Moore, Clint Hurtt DL Coach

time2rock

We have concerns about the run game, but I do think we'll see better utilization of the RB in the screen and passing game.

And AJ Brown and Smitty have had back to back 1,000 yard seasons each even this year with BJ. They're about to EAT next season, along with Goedert. The passing game should be much improved and hopefully will dominate as they should the way they are built.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

We have concerns about the run game, but I do think we'll see better utilization of the RB in the screen and passing game.

And AJ Brown and Smitty have had back to back 1,000 yard seasons each even this year with BJ. They're about to EAT next season, along with Goedert. The passing game should be much improved and hopefully will dominate as they should the way they are built.

Man...I really want to see Swift in this offense, I hope they bring him back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

Can't see them letting him walk

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

You know who I always thought would probably make a decent WR coach?  Jason Avant.  

That's an option. Darren Sproles for RB coach

I remember Kellen Moore coming out of Boise St. He was a very cerebral QB who put that program on the map while he was there.

13 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Wonder if we'll still see a change at CB coach (since it is being reported they are interested in Kasper specifically as a safeties coach).  Also being reported (by Gowton) that Miami does not have to grant permission to interview Kasper (does that mean they are free to interview him ... no permission needed ... or that they can block us from interviewing him?).  

Source: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2024/2/1/24058751/eagles-news-joe-kasper-safeties-coach-dolphins-nfl-philadelphia-vic-fangio

Just now, time2rock said:

Wonder if we'll still see a change at CB coach (since it is being reported they are interested in Kasper specifically as a safeties coach).  Also being reported (by Gowton) that Miami does not have to grant permission to interview Kasper (does that mean they are free to interview him ... no permission needed ... or that they can block us from interviewing him?).  

Source: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2024/2/1/24058751/eagles-news-joe-kasper-safeties-coach-dolphins-nfl-philadelphia-vic-fangio

Miami can block any lateral move.  Only coach moves that can't be blocked (assuming contract) is HC obviously and a coordinator position where you are given more responsibilities than current job like play calling

16 hours ago, Godfather said:

That's an option. Darren Sproles for RB coach

He’s actually working as a scout in the Eagles personnel department.

IMG_0717.jpeg

• Like 3

With Kingsbury out at Raiders he's some coaching gossip.  Would like to see Eagles give Pep Hamilton a look at QB coach if Nussmeier isn't the guy

I really like the new OC and DC hirings. 

BJ had never called plays before, and Desai had only a couple of years of DC experience, if I recall correctly.

So, to get new but experienced Coordinators, I think is a good thing. Obviously, we shall see. And man oh man, does the Eagles D need some personnel work done.

17 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

BJ had never called plays before, and Desai had only a couple of years of DC experience, if I recall correctly.

1 year as a DC previously … 2021 with the Bears

Nussmeier hired. On mobile so can’t paste link but I’m sure someone will

Which obviously means Moore is a done deal even tho no announcement. I do wonder if any more O coaches will be changed

A former Cowboys coach? What could possibly go wrong? I guess when you finish behind Dallas for the first time in years, perspectives get skewed. 

On 2/1/2024 at 4:54 PM, Birdman said:

They will let him test the market and once he realizes no one will pay him top money he will resign at least for one more year

Looks like the Eagles came to their senses about hiring proven/experienced coordinators. This years team is going to be MUCH better. The 1st things we will notice is they can actually TACKLE, and also the motion pre-snap on offense that actually helps people get open. Really good hires all around.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Looks like the Eagles came to their senses about hiring proven/experienced coordinators. This years team is going to be MUCH better. The 1st things we will notice is they can actually TACKLE, and also the motion pre-snap on offense that actually helps people get open. Really good hires all around.

I'm cautiously optimistic.  On paper these all look like good hires - Fangio worked with both Hurtt and Kasper previously ...ditto Moore with Nussmeier.  These new coordinators now have coaches that know their systems ... that should be a huge help with getting the players to better learn their assignments.  Also since both Moore and Nussmeier were QBs and both coached QBs (Nussmeier since 2001 so he has loads of experience in that role), that should be a huge help in getting Hurts back on track (obviously that is critical). But we all said the defense couldn't possibly get any worse after Gannon left and here we are.  So while I expect things to be better I know can't count on it and am in wait and see mode.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I'm cautiously optimistic.  On paper these all look like good hires - Fangio worked with both Hurtt and Kasper previously ...ditto Moore with Nussmeier.  These new coordinators now have coaches that know their systems and should be a huge help with getting the players to better learn their assignments.  Also since both Moore and Nussmeier were QBs and both coached QBs (Nussmeier since 2001 so he has loads of experience in that role), that should be a huge help in getting Hurts back on track (obviously that is critical). But we all said the defense couldn't possibly get any worse after Gannon left and here we are.  So while I expect things to be better I know can't count on it and am in wait and see mode.  

Yeah, I am trying to give myself hope here, so I can say something positive about the team/org. 🤣

• Haha 1