Official Coaching Changes: DC Fangio; OC Kellen Moore, Clint Hurtt DL Coach

time2rock

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If we're going to the market and saying you can be fired after making the playoffs 4 years in a row with 3 different sets of co ordinators, I think you'll be looking for a while and all the decent candidates would want firm assurances from the front office that they don't seem inclined to grant.

Generally agree but a lot of scenarios most of them would be keeping Sirriani if playoffs.  I think Lurie will be closely watching Hurts development more than anything.  If that goes the wrong way then Sirriani could be in trouble

I think they have done enough to turn this thing around. We'll see.

42 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Just announced that the Browns have hired Roy Istvan, Asst. OL Coach under Stoutland for the past 5 years, to the same role.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/browns-announce-andy-dickerson-as-ol-coach-roy-istvan-as-assistant-ol-coach

Somewhat surprising.  

Making room for Jason Kelce to be Asst OL coach to get his coaching career started. :ph34r:

But seriously, Jason can't be a coach and still go out partying and doing podcasts and being a celebrity, he's going to probably work in TV.

Moore brings experience and an explosive offense. Things we need. Downsides are possible loyalties to Dallas which hopefully a will to build his resume will prove a moot point. As long as his on-field decisions won't be overruled by metrics/AI, this could be a great move.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThinkGreen said:

Moore brings experience and an explosive offense. Things we need. Downsides are possible loyalties to Dallas which hopefully a will to build his resume will prove a moot point. As long as his on-field decisions won't be overruled by metrics/AI, this could be a great move.  

I just want to see some under center running plays and some options to get the ball to the voided areas when blitzed. 

• Like 2

With all these coaching changes, it's going to take some time for it to take effect, IF the players buy, in, which they should. So some time around games 6-8, this should really take hold. If they come out of the gates hot, fine. But I think it will take a little time for it to start to work. We'll see.

1 hour ago, ThinkGreen said:

Not really concerned about possible loyalties to Dallas ... he'd be shooting himself in the foot with regard to his own career possibilities.  What I do have some concerns about is Dallas knowing his tendencies with his scheme and therefore finding it easier to defend against.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

Fans think this way, but professional coaches do not (well they shouldn't if they plan to have a career). What would "loyalties to Dallas" mean really? Like he would purposely throw the games against Dallas to lose? He would be fired, ruin his reputation and never work in the NFL again. These guys compartmentalize, move on and are professional. There may be common respect for each other, just like Siri has with former coaches from the Colts, coaching against Gannon and Steichen. Or Reid and his coaching tree, and many others. But they are professionals and when they take a job they are going to do the best for the organization paying them.

• Like 5

On 2/15/2024 at 5:33 PM, time2rock said:

Just announced that the Browns have hired Roy Istvan, Asst. OL Coach under Stoutland for the past 5 years, to the same role.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/browns-announce-andy-dickerson-as-ol-coach-roy-istvan-as-assistant-ol-coach

Somewhat surprising.  

It's weird to move to the same job, I could understand if he'd moved to the big chair but moving to assist someone else, maybe he wants to learn a different coaching style but I would've thought working under Stout was more than enough for a shot at an OL coach proper job.

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

Fans think this way, but professional coaches do not (well they shouldn't if they plan to have a career). What would "loyalties to Dallas" mean really? Like he would purposely throw the games against Dallas to lose? He would be fired, ruin his reputation and never work in the NFL again. These guys compartmentalize, move on and are professional. There may be common respect for each other, just like Siri has with former coaches from the Colts, coaching against Gannon and Steichen. Or Reid and his coaching tree, and many others. But they are professionals and when they take a job they are going to do the best for the organization paying them.

I still to this day believe Orlando Scandrick sabotaged our defense in that game 3 (2019) vs dallas. He was released after the game. I'm pretty sure the team had the same impression and I don't think another team ever signed him after that.

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I still to this day believe Orlando Scandrick sabotaged our defense in that game 3 (2019) vs dallas. He was released after the game. I'm pretty sure the team had the same impression and I don't think another team ever signed him after that.

I was going to make the same point but I couldn’t remember the guy’s name so I passed on the opportunity. That always seemed a bit fishy to me. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I remember seeing a video where some Dallarse fans were trying to claim Scandrick was beaten by Tavon Austin because he pulled some amazing razzle dazzle on him, then you watch the video and Scandrick bites on motion, recovers and takes a fairly good angle and then makes the weakest 'tackle' attempt you'll ever see, basically limply waves his arm out as Austin goes past him.

PE.com reporting the coaching staff has been "finalized”.

IMG_1011.thumb.jpeg.8d57a4bdb66910d1f3c369a7de769290.jpeg

IMG_1009.thumb.jpeg.c79f652282ffdca3e2fb3ee8496202d2.jpeg

IMG_1010.thumb.jpeg.72ca59740295d80940e787c01d2fd213.jpeg

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

PE.com reporting the coaching staff has been "finalized”.

IMG_1011.thumb.jpeg.8d57a4bdb66910d1f3c369a7de769290.jpeg

IMG_1009.thumb.jpeg.c79f652282ffdca3e2fb3ee8496202d2.jpeg

IMG_1010.thumb.jpeg.72ca59740295d80940e787c01d2fd213.jpeg

So who’s coaching OLBs?

57 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

So who’s coaching OLBs?

Thought the same when I read that.  

On 2/23/2024 at 10:30 AM, kiwieagle said:

So who’s coaching OLBs?

Jeremiah Washburn, Defensive Ends/Outside Linebackers

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Jeremiah Washburn, Defensive Ends/Outside Linebackers

Wasn't his Dad the "fastballzz" guy... wide 9?

29 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Wasn't his Dad the "fastballzz" guy... wide 9?

Yes

• Like 1