Official Coaching Changes: DC Fangio; OC Kellen Moore, Clint Hurtt DL Coach

time2rock

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Yeah, I am trying to give myself hope here, so I can say something positive about the team/org. 🤣

I have 0 doubts that Fangio is one of the best defensive coaches in the league. I've long thought independent of a system. 

Moore is a highly thought of offensive mind. He was Ben Johnson two years ago who quite frankly probably would have gotten a HC gig if Dallas didn't choke in the playoffs. That said these hot offensive minds don't always thrive in new spots so I'm less sure about him.  My positive spin is that he was a top choice of mine and I think he has as good a chance as anyone of succeeding at OC.

• Like 3

Brady took a job with Chargers so that opens up a senior role on offense. 

No announcement re the OC and assistance coaches. The team seems to be the last to know all the changes.

Feels like an intentionally obnoxious flex that the Eagles refuse to announce their coaches for weeks

I don't think we'll see any more announcements from the Eagles until the entire staff is set and that could be a few weeks

• Like 1

Seems like a longshot but eagles have senior offensive assistant spot open

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

IMG_0777.jpeg

There’s zero chance nick actually wrote that.  😂 

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Throw assistant HC in the title and maybe it's enticing enough to lure Bieniemy in?

However if I'm not mistaken, there's still some open OC spots, so doubt Bieniemy will be willing to settle for that unless he really strikes out

3 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

I'm shocked this man doesn't have a job. I doubt he would take an assistant job, but I'd absolutely love to see him here. 

3 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Nice

19 hours ago, Procus said:

image.thumb.png.da55b219cffe9c16e439e0a5d983adc3.png

Good hire by Philly. Parker has been on the rise the last few years as a positional coach and had received interests from teams as a DC candidate. He did a really good job in Denver with the secondary. Yes it helped having the likes of Surtain and Simmons, but the Broncos secondary has not had great depth the last few years and injuires had impacted the secondary at times, but Parker did a great job in holding it together and getting the most out of young, inexperienced players. 

I think you'll see a much improved secondary next year in Philly.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Not Caldwell

Well that stinks.  Kinda liked the idea of someone with a number of years experience coaching LBs (and also DC experience too).  Wonder who Fangio will target next.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:59 PM, pgcd3 said:

I have 0 doubts that Fangio is one of the best defensive coaches in the league. I've long thought independent of a system. 

Moore is a highly thought of offensive mind. He was Ben Johnson two years ago who quite frankly probably would have gotten a HC gig if Dallas didn't choke in the playoffs. That said these hot offensive minds don't always thrive in new spots so I'm less sure about him.  My positive spin is that he was a top choice of mine and I think he has as good a chance as anyone of succeeding at OC.

If this was what we did after the Super Bowl I would’ve been happy. 

Now I have to remove the season of Desai "The Fangio Guru” and somehow find a way to trust Siriani who I feel didn’t make any adjustments to get out the slumps they were in, especially against awful teams that could’ve changed the makeup of the playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Well that stinks.  Kinda liked the idea of someone with a number of years experience coaching LBs (and also DC experience too).  Wonder who Fangio will target next.

Eagles lb coach might not be most appealing job

maybe staley

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Eagles lb coach might not be most appealing job

Haha true … nothing to work with.  But have to figure (hope??) that LB will be addressed in a better way this offseason than it was in recent years.  Howie had to see how having decent LBs played a huge role in teams advancing in the playoffs.  I won’t ever expect a top tier LB here under his watch but do think we’ll be seeing more focus on the position (all of defense) this offseason based on comments he made during that PC a couple weeks ago.

43 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Well his entire coaching career has been lb’s