hunt's ***official*** team league thread - 2023

mr_hunt

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

dude came in here...liked a bunch of posts...posted a reply....and didn't make his damn pick.   🤯

@Redden

that means you get to give him the Eagles and let the rest of us continue on

10 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

that means you get to give him the Eagles and let the rest of us continue on

He was just on again and did not make a selection

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He was just on again and did not make a selection

I am not being sarcastic or humorous when I say he is the worst person imaginable when it comes to fantasy leagues 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I am not being sarcastic or humorous when I say he is the worst person imaginable when it comes to fantasy leagues 

He better make a selection this time.

image.png.d2edb4c3552be2f5a3d4f669303bdd87.png

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Or harley Syphilis has melted his brain.

Ok, I came in earlier, checked this thread to see if it was my pick and logged out.  So this would be a yes. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

p48uldt.jpg?auto=format&crop=faces&fit=c

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wait until Agent has a few hard seltzers and starts talking about tongue punching his cats fart box. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Redden said:

Wait until Agent has a few hard seltzers and starts talking about tongue punching his cats fart box. 

@mr_hunt should change the name of this league to the clamlicking cactus humping fart box punching league of Irish nudes. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Wow can’t believe the Saints fell that far. 

Other than Kamara, saints were like my team 27 or something. He’s the lone gem on it right now 

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Other than Kamara, saints were like my team 27 or something. He’s the lone gem on it right now 

Michael Thomas is still a productive WR. He had a injured 2020 and I expect him to return to form. 

5 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Also where did you have Arizona? @mr_hunt same question. 

Learned something this week. Two things actually.

Had no idea how to rate teams in this league.

And Tinder actually works when you take selfies from the hot tub. If you post them, they will come 🍻🥂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Michael Thomas is still a productive WR. He had a injured 2020 and I expect him to return to form. 

Also where did you have Arizona? @mr_hunt same question. 

arizona was slotted as my #14

5 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

arizona was slotted as my #14

same. 

I'll probably regret reaching for that saints pick...had them in the mid 20's. 

16 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Learned something this week. Two things actually.

Had no idea how to rate teams in this league.

And Tinder actually works when you take selfies from the hot tub. If you post them, they will come 🍻🥂

disclaimer** i do 100% of these spreadsheets and rankings at/during work, so in any downtime throughout the week I have a task to not only keep my busy but also making me look busy (a new co-worker saw from his desk and was like "wow, looks like you're working on something intense" and I said "nah just fantasy football" and he was laughing for like a solid 5 minutes. good times!

I start out the same way i do for regular fantasy, where i use projected stats for players combined with the scoring format of our league to get positional rankings. I'll put a 1 through # next to each player's name to have a rough idea of where they stand with respect to everyone else.

Then I assume everyone is playing every week, so this year I divided their stats all by 17. you miss a few players since some guys start the season injured or maybe on suspension, so a few players will have their "points per game" numbers a bit low, but I'm just looking for quick and dirty. Once I have the PPG values, I arbitrarily create tiers. I stared out using 3ppg as Tier 1, so if Mahommes is projected as 28.2ppg, I say "any QB projected at 25.2ppg or higher gets a 5 point value. then whoever the first QB is not in that tier, I look at his PPG and do a 3pt range from there and all  those guys get 4 points, etc.... in some positions, like TE, I'm not giving a full 1 through 5 point tier.

Then i separate all the into their individual teams and sum their "points" to get a raw aggregate rating. The top Kickers and Defenses will still get some points, but if two teams are 15 "points" and one team is pulling theirs from those meh positions, or a 14.5 team has zero points at K/DST and a 15pt team has even 1pt from K/DST,  I will rank the 14.5pt team higher than the 15pt team.

image.thumb.png.9731eb82420cf24b3bd19955f8cd6c8e.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

same. 

I'll probably regret reaching for that saints pick...had them in the mid 20's. 

saints were my 28. I have Thomas projected as 156 fantasy points bring him down to WR60. I have done zero research but my guess is that maybe he's expected to play like 12 of 17 games or something, so if you do his PPG based on actual expected games and not by dividing his production by 17, he may jump a couple points, but even with spreadsheets I keep things fairly quick and dirty 

if the saints get halfway decent qb play, that pick might not be horrible.  we'll see.

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

if the saints get halfway decent qb play, that pick might not be horrible.  we'll see.

Alvin Kamara is gonna put up numbers. Michael Thomas is coming off an injury and only played 7 games last year. If he’s healthy he is top 5-10 WR. 

I’m thinking Winston Is gonna win the QB job and he’s good for big numbers (also big int numbers) and could surprise. 

7 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

saints were my 28. I have Thomas projected as 156 fantasy points bring him down to WR60. I have done zero research but my guess is that maybe he's expected to play like 12 of 17 games or something, so if you do his PPG based on actual expected games and not by dividing his production by 17, he may jump a couple points, but even with spreadsheets I keep things fairly quick and dirty 

He’s coming off injury. If he’s healthy he’s gonna be much better than that 156 projection. 

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

The Zeke-Kamara duo is the biggest thing that maters. The 2nd QB and the 2nd Flex allow for a bit of "outside competition" where other players can pick up points, but having that 1-2 RB punch in a league with even a single QB and 2 Flex would have you extremely dominant. 

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

Alvin Kamara is gonna put up numbers. Michael Thomas is coming off an injury and only played 7 games last year. If he’s healthy he is top 5-10 WR. 

I’m thinking Winston Is gonna win the QB job and he’s good for big numbers (also big int numbers) and could surprise. 

Evans was a fantasy beast because Winston just aired it out. He can play poorly and hunts WRs can still feast in fantasy terms. Hunt has another pick soon which likely will be QB and/or WR focused based on his current RB strength 

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

He’s coming off injury. If he’s healthy he’s gonna be much better than that 156 projection. 

that's where total projected points is tricky. I'd take a 7-week season of a guy giving me 20+ ppg and only 150ish points on the year than a guy giving me 200pts over 17 played games 

i have meetings at 8am and 830am, so depending on when Australia is awake and picks, I may not draft until mid-morning

42 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

He is expected to miss a number of weeks early in the season so that's an automatic bump down. If he misses 25% of games you would need to look at him as a flex at best.