hunt's ***official*** team league thread - 2023

mr_hunt

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

arizona was slotted as my #14

I had them higher. I rank my teams by tiers trying to get as many tier 1 and 2 guys as possible. So tier 1 guys are guys I would consider QB1/RB1/WR1, tier 2 QB2/RB2/WR2, tier 3 flex or spot starts at best and tier 4 unplayable. So for example I had the Cards like this

Murray - Tier 1
Connor - Tier 2
Edwards - Tier 2
Hopkins - Tier 1
Kirk - Tier 2
Green - Tier 3
Williams - Tier 3
Prater - Tier 2
Cards D - Tier 1

Guys like Connor/Edwards have the ability to be tier 1 so I liked them as an upside team but they may steal points off each other to have them sit around the high end RB 2 mark. But you get two players you can start at that position. The reason I took the Packers is because I felt I managed to snag 3 clear cut tier 1 guys in Rodgers/Jones/Adams. The other spots are all probably tier 2 guys so it gives me a solid starting point. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mat said:

I had them higher. I rank my teams by tiers trying to get as many tier 1 and 2 guys as possible. So tier 1 guys are guys I would consider QB1/RB1/WR1, tier 2 QB2/RB2/WR2, tier 3 flex or spot starts at best and tier 4 unplayable. So for example I had the Cards like this

Murray - Tier 1
Connor - Tier 2
Edwards - Tier 2
Hopkins - Tier 1
Kirk - Tier 2
Green - Tier 3
Williams - Tier 3
Prater - Tier 2
Cards D - Tier 1

Guys like Connor/Edwards have the ability to be tier 1 so I liked them as an upside team but they may steal points off each other to have them sit around the high end RB 2 mark. But you get two players you can start at that position. The reason I took the Packers is because I felt I managed to snag 3 clear cut tier 1 guys in Rodgers/Jones/Adams. The other spots are all probably tier 2 guys so it gives me a solid starting point. 

We had the same system type of picking grading teams. You have Connor a little higher than I did. Having two all star receivers helped me. I know AJ Green is aging but he’s still a solid 2 

My Arizona rankings 

kyler - qb3

Edmonds - rb21

conner - rb30

hopkins - wr4

moore - wr59

kirk - wr69

green - wr75

DST18

Kicker11

no tight end worthy enough to even rank 

7 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

We had the same system type of picking grading teams. You have Connor a little higher than I did. Having two all star receivers helped me. I know AJ Green is aging but he’s still a solid 2 

Green is done. I had him last year and he was toast. Between the drops and the injuries I don't see him bouncing back now. He might give you a big game every now and then but I wouldn't want to rely on him. 

I was kinda meh on the Chicago pick but Montgomery had a huge back end of last year to be RB4. Robinson is a top 10ish WR every year even with awful QB's throwing him the ball due to volume.

4 minutes ago, Mat said:

I was kinda meh on the Chicago pick but Montgomery had a huge back end of last year to be RB4. Robinson is a top 10ish WR every year even with awful QB's throwing him the ball due to volume.

i had 3 teams i was blending my KC roster with and CHI was not one of them

18 minutes ago, Mat said:

Green is done. I had him last year and he was toast. Between the drops and the injuries I don't see him bouncing back now. He might give you a big game every now and then but I wouldn't want to rely on him. 

Yeah but that was a really bad Bengals team with a horrible Oline no running game and Joe Burrow a rookie who played 10 games. 

Yeah you can’t rely on him to put up big time numbers he once had but he will do better than last year. He’s got a good QB Hopkins on the other side so plus there’s not much pressure on him. 

35 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

i had 3 teams i was blending my KC roster with and CHI was not one of them

Falcons were the team I wanted  since Ryan was the best QB left on the board. I'm pretty happy with my skill positions, it's just that QB 2 spot I'm meh

15 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

dude came in here...liked a bunch of posts...posted a reply....and didn't make his damn pick.   🤯

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:
16 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

dude came in here...liked a bunch of posts...posted a reply....and didn't make his damn pick.   🤯

when i posted i was on the crapper...without my list...getting ready for work!  :roll:  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

The Zeke-Kamara duo is the biggest thing that maters. The 2nd QB and the 2nd Flex allow for a bit of "outside competition" where other players can pick up points, but having that 1-2 RB punch in a league with even a single QB and 2 Flex would have you extremely dominant. 

Evans was a fantasy beast because Winston just aired it out. He can play poorly and hunts WRs can still feast in fantasy terms. Hunt has another pick soon which likely will be QB and/or WR focused based on his current RB strength 

yeah...there weren't any good qb/wr focused teams left so i went with the best wr left on the board in mclaurin.  i guess my qb2 will stink.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...there weren't any good qb/wr focused teams left so i went with the best wr left on the board in mclaurin.  i guess my qb2 will stink.

this was one of my not-Saints teams I was juggling in my trio of WAS-ATL-CIN... they were "higher" than both ATL and CIN in my point system (WAS-17, ATL-15, CIN-14). Taking them and CIN would have given me crazy good RB trio which is maybe what I should have done, but I want to live on the wild side. 

5 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

this was one of my not-Saints teams I was juggling in my trio of WAS-ATL-CIN... they were "higher" than both ATL and CIN in my point system (WAS-17, ATL-15, CIN-14). Taking them and CIN would have given me crazy good RB trio which is maybe what I should have done, but I want to live on the wild side. 

i have wash 8th overall & almost took them with my 2nd round pick...but i didn't want to start off with dallas & wash as my first 2 picks. :nonono:couldn't pass them up in the 3rd tho.

wound up with my #2, 8, & 23 teams with the saints being my big reach. 

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i have 2 division rivals...should be a fun season. :afro:

It is really gonna suck when Redden takes the Eagles with his next pick, and you have to smash him head to head with those division rivals.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is really gonna suck when Redden takes the Eagles with his next pick, and you have to smash him head to head with those division rivals.

i really wanted to take the eagles with my last pick to balance out taking the stinkin cowboys....but then i looked at my rankings. the eagles are gonna stink this year. :meh: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i have wash 8th overall & almost took them with my 2nd round pick...but i didn't want to start off with dallas & wash as my first 2 picks. :nonono:couldn't pass them up in the 3rd tho.

wound up with my #2, 8, & 23 teams with the saints being my big reach. 

wash was my #9 lol. 14 and 16 were ATL/CIN but unless kelce gets hurt I am playing Washington's TE on my bench every week which is a waste of a talent.

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

wash was my #9 lol. 14 and 16 were ATL/CIN but unless kelce gets hurt I am playing Washington's TE on my bench every week which is a waste of a talent.

yeah....gibson, mclaurin, & their TE are all projected right around the top 10 at their positions depending whose rankings you're using. i couldn't pass them up for the potential fail that is the eagles this year. 

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah....gibson, mclaurin, & their TE are all projected right around the top 10 at their positions depending whose rankings you're using. i couldn't pass them up for the potential fail that is the eagles this year. 

I do not and will not regret taking KC, but the Kelce piece makes only Gibson and McLauren the draw, but I have Mixon > GIbson and Ridley > McLauren, with Burrow/Ryan both > Fitzmagic... and I have ATLs TE ranked 1 spot ahead of WAS, so I got myself a solid backup there still. Mike Davis is "projected" quite a bit below Gibson, but Davis finished last season immediately behind Gibson in rankings, so I'm hoping he's my "boom" guy that overshoots expectations and makes the Gibson (proj. RB12) vs Davis (proj. RB24) gap be a nonfactor

On 8/21/2021 at 2:43 PM, fordy88 said:

I really have no idea what I’m doing, just hoping for the best 😂

you're up, doode. 

• Like 1