hunt's ***official*** team league thread - 2023

mr_hunt

Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but have a question for you all about a 10 team keeper league I’m in. 

I am keeping Ekeler for a 7th round pick and just got the 1st overall pick. Scoring is pretty typical; 0.5 PPR, 6 pts for all TDs including passing. The only difference is you also get 0.25 point per completion. Initially I thought McCaffrey was a no-brainer with the first pick, but am wondering if I take Mahomes since I already have a RB1 as a keeper. At the turn I would take best available, hoping to grab my RB2 and first WR and try to maximize the scoring favoring QBs. 

Keepers have to be in by this Friday so the only other keeper I know of right now is Josh Allen.

What do you all think?

30 minutes ago, fordy88 said:

Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but have a question for you all about a 10 team keeper league I’m in. 

I am keeping Ekeler for a 7th round pick and just got the 1st overall pick. Scoring is pretty typical; 0.5 PPR, 6 pts for all TDs including passing. The only difference is you also get 0.25 point per completion. Initially I thought McCaffrey was a no-brainer with the first pick, but am wondering if I take Mahomes since I already have a RB1 as a keeper. At the turn I would take best available, hoping to grab my RB2 and first WR and try to maximize the scoring favoring QBs. 

Keepers have to be in by this Friday so the only other keeper I know of right now is Josh Allen.

What do you all think?

1 or 2 keepers per team ??  Can you list them ??

55 minutes ago, downundermike said:

1 or 2 keepers per team ??  Can you list them ??

Yes, I can. It’s just one keeper per team. I’ll keep updating as I know more, but here are the ones I know:

Josh Allen- 6th Round

Austin Ekeler- 7th Round (my team)

19 hours ago, fordy88 said:

Yes, I can. It’s just one keeper per team. I’ll keep updating as I know more, but here are the ones I know:

Josh Allen- 6th Round

Austin Ekeler- 7th Round (my team)

Just looked at my league the last 5 years.  Not a keeper league, but, a team always takes a QB in the first 3 rounds, and those teams never win it all, and none have made it to the title game.

I finished second last year with a combo of Wentz, Stafford and Tannehill at QB.

16 hours ago, fordy88 said:

What do you all think?

Take McCaffrey you never take a qb early... If someone offered me Mahomes for McCaffrey id laugh in their face 

29 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

@Redden  the patriots released cam newton :whistle:   

Let's hope he goes to one of the undrafted teams making him my pick!

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

Let's hope he goes to one of the undrafted teams making him my pick!

wait...you didn't pick yet?

Just now, mr_hunt said:

wait...you didn't pick yet?

let me see how i phrased it

Just now, Agent23 said:

let me see how i phrased it

nm...you picked david johnson.

but you do have the #1 waiver spot after week 1. 

Nothing makes me happier then when my lame ass team beats agents rainbow spreadsheet team at least once a season.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Redden said:

Nothing makes me happier then when my lame ass team beats agents rainbow spreadsheet team at least once a season.

No, your lame ass teams have never beaten me. Only the one year (this league, last year) you actually drafted a good team (Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers, Antonio Gibson) did you stand a chance.

And even then, at full strength (Wk1) I smoked you and then Wk10 we each had our Rd1 team on a BYE week and you caught what was likely your first ever win. And I took you in the WU league! :flex: 

** in all sadness though, my Week2 score in this league only had 19 other times the entire season someone put up a total that could beat it, so to randomly be paired with someone who eclipsed that total is a massive bummer :lol: 

image.png.3552782b6b0872fe74f16b91d0b80c1b.png

image.png.8388f9b0bcf13273f5f8256dfd9f7485.png

if you've already filled your rosters, don't forget to check them again right before week 1 to make sure all the players are still on the nfl teams you drafted. quite a few sheety backups were cut & then signed by different teams already this week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

if you've already filled your rosters, don't forget to check them again right before week 1 to make sure all the players are still on the nfl teams you drafted. quite a few sheety backups were cut & then signed by different teams already this week. 

how dare you call Cam a sheety backup! (oh wait, he wasn't signed yet :lol: )

17 hours ago, Agent23 said:

No, your lame ass teams have never beaten me. Only the one year (this league, last year) you actually drafted a good team (Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers, Antonio Gibson) did you stand a chance.

And even then, at full strength (Wk1) I smoked you and then Wk10 we each had our Rd1 team on a BYE week and you caught what was likely your first ever win. And I took you in the WU league! :flex: 

** in all sadness though, my Week2 score in this league only had 19 other times the entire season someone put up a total that could beat it, so to randomly be paired with someone who eclipsed that total is a massive bummer :lol: 

Seriously?  I beat you all the time.  I can't believe you photoshopped that.  What's wrong with you?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Redden said:

Seriously?  I beat you all the time.  I can't believe you photoshopped that.  What's wrong with you?

I HAVE THE CHIEFS NOW! :flex:

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 9:48 PM, Agent23 said:

All I see is you catching losses against The Express

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mat said:

All I see is you catching losses against The Express

Well yeah, that guy knows fantasy football and it’s always a battle between he and I drafting one another’s targeted players 

I don’t know if my statement is valid or not before now and the conclusion of Monday night, but Tyrod is starting to look like a target piece come waivers 

• Like 1