Disney +

The_Omega

Seems like we have a thread for every other streaming service, so we might as well have one for this one as well.  Anyway...

Bluey - Good lord do my girls love this show.  I'll admit, it's occasionally mildly amusing, but it's no Spongebob Squarepants.

Aside from the usual: all Pixar, all Star Wars, all MCU that have been discussed significantly in the other threads, a couple recs worth checking out.

Hamilton - as a fan of the theater they did an excellent job capturing the theatrical experience. If you’ve listened to the soundtrack or have seen the show, it’s worth the watch.

The Jeff Goldblum show: its just half hour episodes of Jeff Goldblum being Jeff Goldblum. His episodes on Sneakers in particular is hilarious. 

Ducktales Reboot: I watched the old show as a kid, the new show is fantastic with a great voice cast. David Tennant Bobby Moynihan Ben Schwartz Danny pudi beck bennett. Really cool comic book style animation as well.

The imagineers: if your a Disney parks fan, it’s amazing. A lot of cool history and behind the scenes on how they created some of their best attractions over the years. 

Also, they are getting a new muppets show that looks good. The marketing for it has been pretty amazing.

I'm glad they got Hamilton, I really liked it.  It was a huge phenomenon but if you don't get to see it in the theater you don't know what the buzz is about.  I'm glad they shot the productions and didn't do a movie version, to get the theater experience.  They shot it 3 separate nights and edited them together, one night was with no audience so they could get the close ups.  You can also notice things in the close ups like the microphones in their hairline but those who are bald had the earpiece mic.

7 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Also, they are getting a new muppets show that looks good. The marketing for it has been pretty amazing.

I loved the one they did on ABC a few years ago. It was hilarious. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I'm glad they got Hamilton, I really liked it.  It was a huge phenomenon but if you don't get to see it in the theater you don't know what the buzz is about.  I'm glad they shot the productions and didn't do a movie version, to get the theater experience.  They shot it 3 separate nights and edited them together, one night was with no audience so they could get the close ups.  You can also notice things in the close ups like the microphones in their hairline but those who are bald had the earpiece mic.

It was cool to see the movie.  There’s a lot I either forgot or didn’t realize from when I saw it live (in DC).  I listen to the soundtrack a lot while I run, so it was good to see it again and be able to picture more about what is going on. 

I didn’t realize how funny Hamilton was until I finally saw it live and again on Disney plus. I was dying every time Jonathan Groff stepped on the stage. 

On 7/23/2020 at 7:09 PM, RPeeteRules said:

It was cool to see the movie.  There’s a lot I either forgot or didn’t realize from when I saw it live (in DC).  I listen to the soundtrack a lot while I run, so it was good to see it again and be able to picture more about what is going on. 

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Muppets Now had a solid premiere. It’s like if the Muppets had a YouTube Channel, and it very clearly satirizes Internet and streaming content. You’ll find yourself pausing a lot to read the various text bubbles that pop up. 

I’ve loved the muppets since I was a kid so I hope this continues to grow!

cant wait till we get more manalorian.

oh and the obi wan series. that is still happening ? 

5 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

cant wait till we get more manalorian.

oh and the obi wan series. that is still happening ? 

idk, man. i haven't gone into the disney+ app since i finished madalorian.  they're still charging my card every month though. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

idk, man. i haven't gone into the disney+ app since i finished madalorian.  they're still charging my card every month though. 

i have been watching the simpsons series. i'm on season 11, so not even half way through. 

I'm working my way through the Pirates of the Caribbean series, but those movies are so damn long.  They needed to shave about an hour off each one of them.  Though I just finished At World's End and it doesn't appear that On Stranger Tides is available on Disney + for some reason, so I guess I'll have to rent that one if I wanna go in order.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I'm working my way through the Pirates of the Caribbean series, but those movies are so damn long.  They needed to shave about an hour off each one of them.  Though I just finished At World's End and it doesn't appear that On Stranger Tides is available on Disney + for some reason, so I guess I'll have to rent that one if I wanna go in order.

You only have Disney+ so you can rewind the scene in Little Mermaid where the priest goes from 6 to midnight.   

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

same brah, same

We use Disney+ a lot with our son. Pixar movies and shorts, classic Disney movies, Marvel cartoons, animal shows on the NatGeo.  Hamilton was a nice addition plus behind the scenes interviews.  I'd like to see more content for adults like that as well.

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

We use Disney+ a lot with our son. Pixar movies and shorts, classic Disney movies, Marvel cartoons, animal shows on the NatGeo.  Hamilton was a nice addition plus behind the scenes interviews.  I'd like to see more content for adults like that as well.

Yeah, sadly there are quite a few tv series that would help with that from the marvel Star Wars side that got delayed. That said, I got to Disney plus frequently just to throw on a Pixar or MCU film in the background.

On 8/5/2020 at 1:31 PM, mikemack8 said:

The 5th one wasn't good IMO

On 8/5/2020 at 1:20 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

i have been watching the simpsons series. i'm on season 11, so not even half way through. 

pssh...my daughter started from season 1 and is on season 25.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The 5th one wasn't good IMO

1>3>2 so far after re-watch

I think 4 was the worst reviewed out of all of them - I remember watching 5 and sleeping through half of it so it mustn't have impressed me at the time either :lol: 

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Yeah, sadly there are quite a few tv series that would help with that from the marvel Star Wars side that got delayed. That said, I got to Disney plus frequently just to throw on a Pixar or MCU film in the background.

My blu-ray player broke right around the time it launched so I haven't even bothered buying a new one because SW, MCU are all on streaming now.  I do like watching the 90s X-Men and other Marvel cartoons with my son.  My wife and I are like you, we've put on MCU movies in the background a bunch of times.

^ yah this was big discussion in one of the FB groups that floods my timeline over the past 2-3 days. 

while I won’t buy because I don’t have kids and am in no rush to watch (tho I look forward to checking it out), I find it a reasonable price for a family film that would require probably $40+ for tickets avg at American cinemas, plus getting kids into the car and there (then out and calmed down when back home), impulse to buy food/drinks at concessions, making sure kids are wearing masks and not touching stuff and avoiding all the other concerns of being in public. 

hell, $30 is probably the price of tickets for 2 parents and 1 kid at the theater, and the convenience factor of avoiding all the hassle is probably worth $30 alone. 

They spent like $200 million to make it, didn’t they?  Gotta try to make it back somehow.

12 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

^ yah this was big discussion in one of the FB groups that floods my timeline over the past 2-3 days. 

while I won’t buy because I don’t have kids and am in no rush to watch (tho I look forward to checking it out), I find it a reasonable price for a family film that would require probably $40+ for tickets avg at American cinemas, plus getting kids into the car and there (then out and calmed down when back home), impulse to buy food/drinks at concessions, making sure kids are wearing masks and not touching stuff and avoiding all the other concerns of being in public. 

hell, $30 is probably the price of tickets for 2 parents and 1 kid at the theater, and the convenience factor of avoiding all the hassle is probably worth $30 alone. 

Between tickets, snacks, and drinks, we drop $50 - $60, for a matinee, easy.

• Like 2