Disney +

The_Omega

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

i'd love to hear the story behind the hocus pocus night. 

There's not much of a story. My oldest likes it and wanted to see it at the drive in for her birthday. We got pizza popcorn and drinks, backed into the spot, popped the tailgate, set up chairs, and ate. By the time the movie was starting, it was getting cold, so we got out the blankets, turned up the radio, and sat there miserably for 90 minutes to watch a dim movie, with poor audio, in 40 degree weather. I fell asleep in my chair for the second half of it because it's a dumb movie that can barely hold my interest in the daytime. 

Fin.

15 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

We went to see Hocus Pocus a couple weeks ago. Drive-ins are terrible for a multitude of reasons, especially with kids.

ugh... i saw endgame already, but fam and friend had not. Was home visiting for something, and mom sis and friend of mine all were down to go to drive in. Well.... took forever to leave waiting on sister's bf (who did NOT end up going due to getting called into work), so we got there late... waited in a long arse line of cars to enter.... then had to part quite a ways away.... as a result, there was no BIG SCREEN nor was there great visual clarity... so many things I knew happened from watching in IMAX I could immediately see were not noticeable at all, and felt bad that they did get to have the true experience they deserved. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mulan - You know, it's actually pretty good.  I'm glad I didn't spend $30 to watch it, but, if I had, I've wasted more on less.

Mulan is free now and I still haven't watched it, but I will eventually.

For me, this service is used exclusively to watch The Simpsons seasons 1-13. 

For the Star Wars/Mandalorian fans, is this worth a watch if you aren't a big Star Wars guy and you're nowhere near up to date on the recent movies (and have only a vague recollection of the old ones)?

11 minutes ago, Kz! said:

For the Star Wars/Mandalorian fans, is this worth a watch if you aren't a big Star Wars guy and you're nowhere near up to date on the recent movies (and have only a vague recollection of the old ones)?

I'll handle that one; yes. I grew up with the original three and meh'd my way through the remaining. Haven't seen Rebels, Clone Wars, Solo....but this show is so well done in it's original story telling that I, as a very casual fan, don't feel 'lost' . the installments fell like a full episode but are short enough where you don't feel overwhelmed with information that you'll need later. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kz! said:

I'll do ya one better than malvin. I'm not really a fan of star wars stuff. I've seen the movies, but didn't really pay attention for some of them. I usually just make fun of my brother for liking star wars. 

Having said that, mandalorian is great. It's more a western that happens to be set in the star wars universe. You're not missing much by not being up to date on the new movies or being into the other shows. 

Also, I'll second the simpsons part of this. I started watching them in the morning before work. Gunna see if I finish every episode before the series finishes. :lol:

• Like 1

Malvin? Malvin from Woosta ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BFit said:

I'll do ya one better than malvin. I'm not really a fan of star wars stuff. I've seen the movies, but didn't really pay attention for some of them. I usually just make fun of my brother for liking star wars. 

Having said that, mandalorian is great. It's more a western that happens to be set in the star wars universe. You're not missing much by not being up to date on the new movies or being into the other shows. 

Also, I'll second the simpsons part of this. I started watching them in the morning before work. Gunna see if I finish every episode before the series finishes. :lol:

No chance. You're going to tap out at some point on the more recent seasons. I stopped watching entire probably about 8 years ago. I imagine it's gotten much worse since then.

23 hours ago, Kz! said:

20 hours ago, BFit said:

Pssh...My daughter watched all 30 seasons and is on her second time through.  I'm not going to have to educate her about a lot in life.  Thanks Simpsons!

On 12/8/2020 at 2:34 PM, Kz! said:

You can watch it without seeing the newer movies.  They do enough explanation, you won't be lost.  There are a lot of nerdy easter eggs but you don't need to know them.

The style of this show is really the best representation of what Star Wars should be.  George Lucas took old movies and shows he grew up with that were Westerns, Samurai and pirate stories and put set them in space. The Mandalorian takes that idea further, it really is a Western sci-fi.  The score, the shots, the costumes and settings, etc.  It's entertaining.  It's new story and characters with some old mixed in.  

• Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 8:34 PM, Kz! said:

Yes without doubt it's worth a watch and you don't need to have watched the movies. There isn't much of a link in terms of characters so you'll be fine. 

• Like 1

Just watched the new Mulan. It was bad. Tbh it was at least ok for most of it but holy ish what a Fing terrible last 25-30 minutes. Absolutely horrible, so many scenes/lines were cringe worthy 

On 8/27/2020 at 1:07 AM, mikemack8 said:

Golic and Wingo was OK - Wingo tries too hard to be funny.  Now they're both gone - the morning show now has Keyshawn Johnson and 2 people I've never heard of.  Then it's Dan LeBetarded, then Mike Greenberg is back on for a bit, then Max Kellerman I believe, and the drive home is Mike Golic Jr and and ex WNBA player.  

Fixed

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mat said:

Fixed

I haven't listened to ESPN radio for months - removed it from the screen in my truck.  Honestly, I listen to fantasy sports radio more than anything - it's the perfect blend of real sports talk mixed obviously with fantasy advice.  Add in a little comedic relief now and then - far superior to ESPN, CBS, FOX and Mad Dog

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 12:02 PM, NOTW said:

Mulan is free now and I still haven't watched it, but I will eventually.

Lol I noticed that. Kind of messed up

It's not like the animated movie

Soul - Another really good Pixar movie. Maybe really really good, we’ll see how it holds up. Probably too deep for kids, way too deep, but my 7 year old daughter seemed to enjoy it, and I would have had no problem paying to see it in a theater.

43 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Soul - Another really good Pixar movie. Maybe really really good, we’ll see how it holds up. Probably too deep for kids, way too deep, but my 7 year old daughter seemed to enjoy it, and I would have had no problem paying to see it in a theater.

I agree.  I really enjoyed it.  Might not be a movie I’d be able to rewatch a lot.  My 8 and 7 year old really liked it.  It probably went over their heads, but it’s a cartoon movie that has some funny parts for them and for adults.  It’s a pretty good 2020 movie.

My wife and I watched soul with our 7 and 10 year old. The 7 year old was just plain freaked out by it. The 10 year old was just disinterested. We watched the second half without the kids and really enjoyed it. 

We also watched "Noelle” which my wife and I both thought was stupid, but our kids enjoyed it. 

Is Soul along the lines of Inside Out?  Some of these movies are aimed at young kids but the concepts are too mature or sophisticated and more for pre-teens and older.

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Is Soul along the lines of Inside Out?  Some of these movies are aimed at young kids but the concepts are too mature or sophisticated and more for pre-teens and older.

It's another Disney movie about death but they make light of it

Don't know if you've seen Inside Out but

Spoiler

You don't see anything like the guy missing body parts like in Inside Out

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

I’d compare it closer to Coco in that it deals with death and trying to get back from another realm.  The concepts are for the older crowds, but the adventure is fun for kids. My kids have rewatched this movie every day since seeing it on Christmas.  

• Like 1