16 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Didn't know WandaVision was coming so soon

It'll be up on the 15th

1st episode only, right?

7 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

1st episode only, right?

Don't know. They're doing weekly episodes? Ugh. Hate them for that

On 12/28/2020 at 12:49 PM, NOTW said:

Is Soul along the lines of Inside Out?  Some of these movies are aimed at young kids but the concepts are too mature or sophisticated and more for pre-teens and older.

It’s about as abstract as inside out, but not as well executed. But the music is excellent, the world design is really cool, and I like the risks they took. I just felt overall it suffered in its story telling, specifically who the story revolves around. Still worth checking out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Don't know. They're doing weekly episodes? Ugh. Hate them for that

Yes, it is one a week like the Mandalorian.  

On 12/28/2020 at 12:49 PM, NOTW said:

Is Soul along the lines of Inside Out?  Some of these movies are aimed at young kids but the concepts are too mature or sophisticated and more for pre-teens and older.

My kids are 7 and 10 and it was too deep for them in terms of subject matter. They both walked out on it. My wife and I enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

Heard they're dropping 2 episodes on Friday. Also heard that they are <30 minutes, but get longer as they get towards the end of the season

19 hours ago, BFit said:

Heard they're dropping 2 episodes on Friday. Also heard that they are <30 minutes, but get longer as they get towards the end of the season

https://www.cnet.com/news/wandavision-when-does-the-marvel-show-hit-disney-plus/

After the initial two-episode drop, Disney will assume a more regimented scheduling, releasing one episode each week. That means we'll have all nine episodes of the first MCU Phase Four series by the first week of March (don't worry, there'll swiftly be more Marvel content in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, premiering a fortnight later).

Here's the full WandaVision release schedule:

Episode 1: Available Jan. 15
Episode 2: Available Jan. 15
Episode 3: Available Jan. 22
Episode 4: Available Jan. 29
Episode 5: Available Feb. 5
Episode 6: Available Feb. 12
Episode 7: Available Feb. 19
Episode 8: Available Feb. 26
Episode 9: Available March 5

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/scifi/2021-01-12/wandavision-release-schedule-time-date-disney-plus/

Marvel’s WandaVision will premiere on Disney+ on Friday 15th January 2021, launching with two episodes to really hit the ground running.

From then on, new episodes of WandaVision will be released every Friday, leading up to an epic finale in early March.

While the show may start off small with its quirky sitcom parody, director Matt Shakman told RadioTimes.com the episodes will get longer and more action-packed as they go along.

"We’ve always been describing it as a mix of classic sitcom and large-scale Marvel action and I think that’s very true, it’s an accurate way to talk about the show,” he said.

"And it’s also been something that [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige has been saying since the beginning, is that one of the things he loves so much about this show is that it’s just so full of surprises. And when it decides to go big, it goes big.”

why sitcom format at all? these directors and writers getting bored in writing comic book hero stories? 

9 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

why sitcom format at all? these directors and writers getting bored in writing comic book hero stories? 

Maybe they are trying something different, I am all for it.  

57 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

Well people criticize comic book and blockbuster popcorn type movies for being all the same, and being cookie cutter and not original and that Hollywood is out of ideas...

...then they do something creative or outside the box and you're complaining about it before seeing it.

If you have seen the trailers, the "sitcom" appears to be something in Wanda's mind or a spell or something, a world she's created that is wholesome, safe and perfect where she can be with Vision. But then, the facade breaks down and she enters reality.  

• Like 1

First 2 eps of Wandavision down. That’s all I’ve got to say about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Star is being released next month here. They're raising the price of Disney + to $11.99 a month or $119 for the annual once your subscription lapses. Looking at all the content it seems worth it. 

On 1/12/2021 at 11:41 PM, Mike030270 said:

Hate weekly releases

I like it. I enjoy waiting and contemplating what I saw, and letting it stew a bit.

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Wandavision is really moving now.

I like to move it move it 

• 1 month later...

Moana and the Last Dragon - We’re all used to actors playing different parts in different movies, but it’s odd to see the same animated character play a different role in a different movie. It was ok, I guess, but definitely not one of Disney’s better efforts. My 7 year old seemed to like it though, and I guess that’s what matters.

10 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Moana and the Last Dragon - We’re all used to actors playing different parts in different movies, but it’s odd to see the same animated character play a different role in a different movie. It was ok, I guess, but definitely not one of Disney’s better efforts. My 7 year old seemed to like it though, and I guess that’s what matters.

That's because it is Raya and not Moana :lol:

I just had a look at the cast and the voice of Raya is the chick that played Rose in Star Wars. She was annoying as sheet in that so hopefully this is better. 

11 hours ago, The_Omega said:

30 minutes ago, Mat said:

That's because it is Raya and not Moana :lol:

I just had a look at the cast and the voice of Raya is the chick that played Rose in Star Wars. She was annoying as sheet in that so hopefully this is better. 

:roll::roll::roll:

Lets all give thanks to the concentration camp overlords in China as we fawn over the next episode of something to be forgotten in 5 years

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 12:33 PM, matchew88 said:

Lets all give thanks to the concentration camp overlords in China as we fawn over the next episode of something to be forgotten in 5 years

and this is why bath salts are a bad idea folks.