Round 1 #22: Eagles select Quinyon Mitchell, CB Toledo

Traveler Vic

5 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

they did the same with Reagor and? 

A couple thoughts ...

TCU is not a powerhouse, but a Big12 schedule is competitively much stronger than a MAC schedule. So if your argument is " from a competitive standpoint drafting a player from TCU is equal to drafting a player from Toledo," I strongly disagree. The Eagles did not "do the same thing" when they drafted Reagor.

Also, do you honestly believe the Eagles would have made Reagor the 1st WR picked that year if all the others were also available when they picked?

My point stands. The Eagles weren't looking for a small school CB to draft, they were looking for the best CB prospect to draft.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, brkmsn said:

A couple thoughts ...

TCU is not a powerhouse, but a Big12 schedule is competitively much stronger than a MAC schedule. So if your argument is " from a competitive standpoint drafting a player from TCU is equal to drafting a player from Toledo," I strongly disagree. The Eagles did not "do the same thing" when they drafted Reagor.

Also, do you honestly believe the Eagles would have made Reagor the 1st WR picked that year if all the others were also available when they picked?

My point stands. The Eagles weren't looking for a small school CB to draft, they were looking for the best CB prospect to draft.

You said "They drafted the prospect they felt was the top one at the position available in the draft. "

4 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

You said "They drafted the prospect they felt was the top one at the position available in the draft. "

If you were referencing that, then my other point stands. They may have thought Reagor was the best WR left when they picked him, but do you believe they would have chosen him over Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs? 

The Eagles were definitely after speed in that draft and I'm pretty confident that if Ruggs had fallen, the Eagles would have taken him. There's no way they would have passed on Lamb at 21 and Jeudy was supposed to have all the desirable traits. Howie fell in love with Reagor's pro day 40 time and thought he'd be more valuable than Jefferson. But nobody in their right mind had Reagor as the top WR in the 2020 draft.

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

If you were referencing that, then my other point stands. They may have thought Reagor was the best WR left when they picked him, but do you believe they would have chosen him over Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs? 

The Eagles were definitely after speed in that draft and I'm pretty confident that if Ruggs had fallen, the Eagles would have taken him. There's no way they would have passed on Lamb at 21 and Jeudy was supposed to have all the desirable traits. Howie fell in love with Reagor's pro day 40 time and thought he'd be more valuable than Jefferson. But nobody in their right mind had Reagor as the top WR in the 2020 draft.

Ok...all you're doing is explaining my response further and further. 

I believe they made the same mistake and took the wrong corner this year but we'll see. Getting Dejean will soften the blow and I think mitchell will be decent but Arnold will be one of those "what ifs" by year 3 for us

• Sad 1

On 5/10/2024 at 9:51 AM, RunItBAck said:

Ok...all you're doing is explaining my response further and further. 

I believe they made the same mistake and took the wrong corner this year but we'll see. Getting Dejean will soften the blow and I think mitchell will be decent but Arnold will be one of those "what ifs" by year 3 for us

How don't you understand what he's saying? There was 1 clear #1CB in the draft and it wasnt even close and they took him. It's not like the top 3 or 4 CBs were drafted prior and you had to pick from the leftovers. This is about the same thing as the Jefferson situation as night and day.

Obviously he could turn out to be a bust and we could play the "what if" or "should have taken" game. Drafts are an educated gamble due to years of prior stats. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1