Lane Johnson - re-activated off the COVID-19 List

EazyEaglez

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/29/eagles-place-rt-lane-johnson-on-the-reserve-covid-19-list/

I think this is something we can expect all season for however long it lasts. 

I don't see how you can even get a full team prepared for the season if you have this going on before training camp even starts. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't see how you can even get a full team prepared for the season if you have this going on before training camp even starts. 

Before the seasons started Doug Pederson said he wasn’t worried about the virus. I wonder what he thinks now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Before the seasons started Doug Pederson said he wasn’t worried about the virus. I wonder what he thinks now. 

Doug is the worst coach to listen to in the history of coaches lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Doug is the worst coach to listen to in the history of coaches lol

Yeah his words to the media generally suck. 😂

There isn’t going to be a season.  There’s no way this happens. And you can already see bellicheat setting the table up there by having his marquee players opt out.  Somewhere there is a rule where he gets 3 first round picks back if they start the season when The patriots have 6 or more opt outs.  

• Like 2

Lane tweeted he tested positive 

held an OL mastermind seminar in person last week.  🤦‍♂️ 

for those unfamiliar....50 nfl line to got together in TEXAS of all places for a seminar run by lane.  Yeah he just exposed and possibly infected a quarter of the NFL’s lineman.

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/lane-johnsons-ol-masterminds-summit-proceeding-in-texas

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And just like that, JP to right tackle and we still need a guard.

I haven't kept up with the new rules.  Don't they just have to self-quarantine for 14 days?  This doesn't mean the entire season?

• Like 1

Wait until someone's starting QB either opts out or tests positive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hoping someone tests positive, but it's a good probability to happen. I'll be curious to see the league's stance then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And just like that, JP to right tackle and we still need a guard.

Good call, with Mailata too we’re particularly short at tackle, and I sure as hell trust Jason way over the next man up.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

I haven't kept up with the new rules.  Don't they just have to self-quarantine for 14 days?  This doesn't mean the entire season?

I was being facetious.

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I was being facetious.

Ok. Ya never know.  :P

• Like 1

Most of these guys are in top health...meaning (statistically) they should be fine within 2 weeks or so.  

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

As long as Lane recovers he should be able to make it back by the start of the season. With that being the case you can expect more outbreaks like this all season. The only hope is a team doesn’t have a rash of outbreaks at once. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Your first mistake was trusting what he says 

48 minutes ago, NOTW said:

3 weeks on IR

4 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Lane, Jordan Mailata and Nate Gerry all on the COVID list.

We better get used to it.

Well that sucks!  

2 hours ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

Your first mistake was trusting what he says 

I didn’t say I trusted what he said. I just wrote he said it. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

As long as Lane recovers he should be able to make it back by the start of the season. With that being the case you can expect more outbreaks like this all season. The only hope is a team doesn’t have a rash of outbreaks at once. 

Like the Marlins.  I don’t know they salvage their season.  

Sigh...

I think we all know there won’t be a season, at least a full one for that matter. Going to be a long time until sports return to normal - if they do. I’m sure Covid will dramatically change many things including professional sports.

Also will be curious who retires in the coming months across the major sports leagues.

They are all in the low risk territory. Lane should pass around the virus to the other 52 players and get this out of the way now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

They are all in the low risk territory. Lane should pass around the virus to the other 52 players and get this out of the way now.

52 players x 32 teams