Lane Johnson - re-activated off the COVID-19 List

EazyEaglez

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There is a member on this board right now sitting in a hospital bed fighting to breath who is fairly young and healthy.  Not everyone is going to have the same outcome. 

Of course, but he’s not a professional athlete in peak condition. There’s a difference. 

2 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Of course, but he’s not a professional athlete in peak condition. There’s a difference. 

Where in Jersey are you, I want to make sure I don't go there and risk catching the stupid!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Doesn't that make it likely that they'll be off the COVID list by opening day?

They might, assuming they recover fully. This isn't a cold.  But once it's in the facility anything can happen.  Look at the Marlins and what's happening with the Phillies.

3 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Freeman on the Braves got covid and was on the field in two weeks

He thought he was going to die.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/braves/2020/07/18/braves-freddie-freeman-describes-covid-battle-please-dont-take-me/5465904002/

On 7/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Before the seasons started Doug Pederson said he wasn’t worried about the virus. I wonder what he thinks now. 

I think here he could be meaning that why worry about something you can't control. 

Do we actually know that Lane is ill with coronavirus? Or is he just carrying the virus without the symptoms?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Where in Jersey are you, I want to make sure I don't go there and risk catching the stupid!

What did he say that was incorrect?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, matchew88 said:

They are all in the low risk territory. Lane should pass around the virus to the other 52 players and get this out of the way now.

Some people who are "low risk" still die.  Others end up with life-long damage to heart, lungs, etc.  The idea that it should be passed around to anyone is truly insane.

There is no way that the NFL should be having a season at all under these circumstances.

18 hours ago, Civicsixxx said:

There are studies that have shown underlying damage done to the lungs and heart in recovered asymptomatic people. Just because someone doesn’t have severe reaction to the virus doesn’t mean It’s low risk. Their health is their lively-hood.

Medical professionals are still learning more and more about this virus each day. Saying they should just all ‘get it and move on’ so you can watch football is frankly asinine.

Truth.  I'd "Like" it, but it don't like it.  I wish it wasn't true, but it is.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do we actually know that Lane is ill with coronavirus? Or is he just carrying the virus without the symptoms?

I don't recall having read (or heard) anywhere if he was indeed ill or asymptomatic.  The only thing I remember reading was Lane stating he felt "strong and ready to go" when he completes the required quarantine/testing.  

• Like 1

I am sure we will find out more about LJ's coronavirus experience when he returns, whenever that is.

MLB is going to have to shut down. Sadly, it looks like the NFL will follow. They just don't have the ability to "bubble" like the NBA, which sucks. Man, the word is in bad shape right now. We gotta hang in there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Talonblood said:

MLB is going to have to shut down. Sadly, it looks like the NFL will follow. They just don't have the ability to "bubble" like the NBA, which sucks. Man, the word is in bad shape right now. We gotta hang in there.

The NFL may not be able to bubble, but considering they fine people for wearing socks a certain way they most assuredly can tell players, staff, and so on to self quarantine or don’t play/get paid this season. We all are worried about players being in bubbles while we the people are out here going at it the best we can. Players need to use some common sense. 

On 7/31/2020 at 1:58 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think anything has been said about that.  He could have zero symptoms and  test again on Monday and be clear. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I’m assuming he has to give back the proportional amount of his signing bonus, correct?

He's on the list for 2 weeks why would he have to give up his bonus? They can't punish players for a pandemic that is clearly out of their control. 

42 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He's on the list for 2 weeks why would he have to give up his bonus? They can't punish players for a pandemic that is clearly out of their control. 

My mistake. I thought I read he opted out of the season.

So much for no harm to the ‘professional athletes in peak condition’.

Forcing sports during this pandemic is dumb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

My mistake. I thought I read he opted out of the season.

That was Goodwin.  We have 3 players that were placed on the reserve/COVID list (from either having tested positive or were in close contact with someone who has and are therefore in quarantine).  Johnson, Gerry, and Mailata.  

23 minutes ago, Civicsixxx said:

Baseball players aren't in peak condition!! Lol

6 hours ago, Civicsixxx said:

Bartolo Braves GIF - Bartolo Braves Colon - Discover & Share GIFs

7 hours ago, Civicsixxx said:

First, it’s described as a mild complication and he’s expected to make a full recovery.

Second, what does it have to do with playing sports? Do we know he got the Covid from playing baseball? Is playing baseball more risky than going to the supermarket or interacting with your family, I could make an argument that baseball is less risky because those guys are being tested all the time. Those working in restaurants and supermarkets are not being tested at all.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:24 PM, Civicsixxx said:

What racist drivel.

Its truly a shame that people will use politics to deflect blame and accountability for the total mishandling of this situation.

You want football back? We could have had that but people are too selfish and stupid. Look at how other countries are doing compared to the US. It’s embarrassing.

Please just stop with this BS.  Nothing that he posted was racist.   

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 10:15 AM, EazyEaglez said:

The NFL may not be able to bubble, but considering they fine people for wearing socks a certain way they most assuredly can tell players, staff, and so on to self quarantine or don’t play/get paid this season. We all are worried about players being in bubbles while we the people are out here going at it the best we can. Players need to use some common sense. 

I hear you. Now coach Doug tested positive. The world is basically going to keep getting put on hold for the foreseeable future. Sad.

Thing is... Once these guys get in to camp, if they test positive then surely the players they have been in close proximity to could also then test positive? Surely there's a risk that the entire OL for a team could go down? Or the entire QB room?