Lane Johnson - re-activated off the COVID-19 List

EazyEaglez

5 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

52 players x 32 teams

Well, no, I want the other teams to be missing players during the season

:ph34r:

This just isn't going to work. Even if they play the games, if team's key players get covid, what's the sense? You could easily wind up not having the best team win a championship, because the team that wins isn't superior, the just had less covid infected players than their opponent. Some championship.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

This just isn't going to work. Even if they play the games, if team's key players get covid, what's the sense? You could easily wind up not having the best team win a championship, because the team that wins isn't superior, the just had less covid infected players than their opponent. Some championship.

If they all get sick now then by November they’ll be getting healthy at the right time for the stretch run.  😜

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

And just like that, JP to right tackle and we still need a guard.

Pryor will probably kick out

3 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Sigh...

I think we all know there won’t be a season, at least a full one for that matter. Going to be a long time until sports return to normal - if they do. I’m sure Covid will dramatically change many things including professional sports.

Also will be curious who retires in the coming months across the major sports leagues.

No actually we all don't know that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

This just isn't going to work. Even if they play the games, if team's key players get Injured, what's the sense? You could easily wind up not having the best team win a championship, because the team that wins isn't superior, the just had less injuries  than their opponent. Some championship.

fyp

And so it begins... This is going to be an ongoing challenge this year and could really ruin the season as a whole. 

15 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Lane, Jordan Mailata and Nate Gerry all on the COVID list.

We better get used to it.

Doesn't that make it likely that they'll be off the COVID list by opening day?

The Covid situation is concerning.  Players are opt-out or tested positive.  This is before the actual practices take place.  Hard to imagine what it will be when they are in practice and have plenty of close human contacts.  If they can't keep things under control, it would make sense to cancel the season. 

9 hours ago, matchew88 said:

They are all in the low risk territory. Lane should pass around the virus to the other 52 players and get this out of the way now.

I was thinking the same thing. People used to have pox parties before there was a chicken pox vaccine so they could expose their children and get them immunity. Prior to that, people would deliberately rub a scab from someone with smallpox on their finger so they would get a mild case of smallpox rather getting it through the air which was much more deadly. 

It’s going to really suck if we have 10-15 guys get it and miss 2-3 games, especially in December or in the playoffs. 

These are all young, healthy guys who would probably wouldn’t even get sick. Isolate them from their families and let’s move on. 

There are studies that have shown underlying damage done to the lungs and heart in recovered asymptomatic people. Just because someone doesn’t have severe reaction to the virus doesn’t mean It’s low risk. Their health is their lively-hood.

Medical professionals are still learning more and more about this virus each day. Saying they should just all ‘get it and move on’ so you can watch football is frankly asinine.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Civicsixxx said:

There are studies that have shown underlying damage done to the lungs and heart in recovered asymptomatic people. Just because someone doesn’t have severe reaction to the virus doesn’t mean It’s low risk. Their health is their lively-hood.

Medical professionals are still learning more and more about this virus each day. Saying they should just all ‘get it and move on’ so you can watch football is frankly asinine.

I think you’re referring to a study in Wuhan. First, should we believe anything the Chinese say? Second, the research is based on 37 cases and none of them were young, professional athletes who are in better physical shape than 99.9% of the country. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I think you’re referring to a study in Wuhan. First, should we believe anything the Chinese say? Second, the research is based on 37 cases and none of them were young, professional athletes who are in better physical shape than 99.9% of the country. 

GTFOH with the xenophobic crap. There have been plenty of studies. This was the most recent one from Germany.

The reason the US is so effed right now is because the selfish idiots keep downplaying the virus and saying it’s no big deal. Stop reading QAnon and following our ***** president.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Civicsixxx said:

GTFOH with the xenophobic crap. There have been plenty of studies. This was the most recent one from Germany.

The reason the US is so effed right now is because the selfish idiots keep downplaying the virus and saying it’s no big deal. Stop reading QAnon and following our ***** president.

STFU. My sons and I had the virus back in March. As long as you’re young and healthy you will be fine. Even my Dr. said this whole thing is overhyped. It’s just a novel virus that no one has immunity to yet. Once a vaccine comes out and more people get it and build immunity,  it will be no different than the seasonal flu. Stop letting CNN scare you...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

No actually we all don't know that

You know it deep down, even if you’re in denial. If you think there will be a full season then kudos to you for staying positive.

1 hour ago, Civicsixxx said:

We should not be listening to anything China says, he’s right. The way they handled the virus from the beginning is criminal.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

STFU. My sons and I had the virus back in March. As long as you’re young and healthy you will be fine. Even my Dr. said this whole thing is overhyped. It’s just a novel virus that no one has immunity to yet. Once a vaccine comes out and more people get it and build immunity,  it will be no different than the seasonal flu. Stop letting CNN scare you...

Young healthy people have died you stupid selfish a-hole. Just because you survived doesn’t mean it’s a harmless virus. 

150,000 deaths and you’re still slobbering FOX News. SMFH

9 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

fyp

Because a sprained ankle or torn ACL is highly contagious?  :huh:

19 minutes ago, Civicsixxx said:

Young healthy people have died you stupid selfish a-hole. Just because you survived doesn’t mean it’s a harmless virus. 

150,000 deaths and you’re still slobbering FOX News. SMFH

How many professional athletes became seriously ill from Covid, let alone die? Not one. 

Such a dumb argument coming from someone who sticks up for the Chinese while bashing Trump. Yeah, I see where you’re coming from. Covid should not be political because there’s no way to stop a virus when kids are down at the Jersey Shore playing beer pong and sharing cups. But I’m sure that’s Trump’s fault... You should be pissed at the Chinese. Whether this came from a wet market or accidentally escaped from a lab, they were completely negligent. Then they lied about the numbers and failed to shut down travel to and from China. 

Of course there were some young, healthy people who died from the virus but young, healthy people die from all sorts of stuff. Don’t mean to be cold but that’s just part of life. People die in car accidents all the time but we still drive. That’s because the benefits of driving outweigh the risk of driving. Same thing with Covid. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Because a sprained ankle or torn ACL is highly contagious?  :huh:

Not at all, although, oddly enough, seeing another man take a shot in the nuts, can somehow make one’s own start to tingle. 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

How many professional athletes became seriously ill from Covid, let alone die? Not one. 

Such a dumb argument coming from someone who sticks up for the Chinese while bashing Trump. Yeah, I see where you’re coming from. Covid should not be political because there’s no way to stop a virus when kids are down at the Jersey Shore playing beer pong and sharing cups. But I’m sure that’s Trump’s fault... You should be pissed at the Chinese. Whether this came from a wet market or accidentally escaped from a lab, they were completely negligent. Then they lied about the numbers and failed to shut down travel to and from China. 

Of course there were some young, healthy people who died from the virus but young, healthy people die from all sorts of stuff. Don’t mean to be cold but that’s just part of life. People die in car accidents all the time but we still drive. That’s because the benefits of driving outweigh the risk of driving. Same thing with Covid. 

What racist drivel.

Its truly a shame that people will use politics to deflect blame and accountability for the total mishandling of this situation.

You want football back? We could have had that but people are too selfish and stupid. Look at how other countries are doing compared to the US. It’s embarrassing.

Freeman on the Braves got covid and was on the field in two weeks

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

There is a member on this board right now sitting in a hospital bed fighting to breath who is fairly young and healthy.  Not everyone is going to have the same outcome. 

41 minutes ago, Civicsixxx said:

What racist drivel.

Its truly a shame that people will use politics to deflect blame and accountability for the total mishandling of this situation.

You want football back? We could have had that but people are too selfish and stupid. Look at how other countries are doing compared to the US. It’s embarrassing.

Racist? WTF are you talking about? You don’t even know me. Those are the facts. Typical liberal calling people names. If you don’t agree with me, you’re a racist, What nonsense. 

I do agree with you about people being selfish. People should be social distancing and wearing masks to reduce the risk instead of partying down the Jersey Shore and attending protests. 

• Like 5