Lane Johnson - re-activated off the COVID-19 List

EazyEaglez

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is... Once these guys get in to camp, if they test positive then surely the players they have been in close proximity to could also then test positive? Surely there's a risk that the entire OL for a team could go down? Or the entire QB room?

Or all of those people could test negative.  In theory, you could be right, but there doesn't seem to be much consistency to the relationship of proximity to positivity.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is... Once these guys get in to camp, if they test positive then surely the players they have been in close proximity to could also then test positive? Surely there's a risk that the entire OL for a team could go down? Or the entire QB room?

There is a risk, and most if not all teams will take action governed by that risk like getting any groups that have been in an enclosed space tested and quarantining accordingly.  The risk is also why there likely won't be a season, the whole sport is contact and proximity with sweaty people, while the vast majority of the players and staff will likely survive any infection without issue, there's a larger than zero risk that the odd one will be hospitalised or even in an extreme case die. Big Red for example is over 60 and must weigh well over 250lbs, Bellichick is 68, they both fall into higher risk categories for serious problems.

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

Please just stop with this BS.  Nothing that he posted was racist.   

No one with your avatar should be determining what’s racist or not. Go eff off you xenophobic piece of trash.

8 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

First, it’s described as a mild complication and he’s expected to make a full recovery.

Second, what does it have to do with playing sports? Do we know he got the Covid from playing baseball? Is playing baseball more risky than going to the supermarket or interacting with your family, I could make an argument that baseball is less risky because those guys are being tested all the time. Those working in restaurants and supermarkets are not being tested at all.

Dude just keep moving the goal posts, why dont you? Like I said this virus is nothing to just brush off. Healthy people are dying. Healthy people are dealing with heart/lung issues after recovery.

The difference is that going to the grocery store or working at a restaurant is an essential job. Football is not. NFL would surely survive if they postponed this season instead of putting their players at risk. 

3 hours ago, Civicsixxx said:

No one with your avatar should be determining what’s racist or not. Go eff off you xenophobic piece of trash.

Wow.  Triggered much or are you ovulating again?  

Dumb And Dumber - Man! You Are One Pathetic Loser GIF by MikeyMo ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Civicsixxx said:

Dude just keep moving the goal posts, why dont you? Like I said this virus is nothing to just brush off. Healthy people are dying. Healthy people are dealing with heart/lung issues after recovery.

The difference is that going to the grocery store or working at a restaurant is an essential job. Football is not. NFL would surely survive if they postponed this season instead of putting their players at risk. 

What about a full recovery don’t you understand? 

Why is working in a restaurant any more of an essential job than a football player? I’m sure a guy like Corey Clement or Greg Ward would disagree with you. Neither one of those guys have had a big pay day and I’m sure need the money to pay bills. Who are you to say they’re not entitled to make a living?  Are you going to pay their salaries?

Besides, like I said is there any evidence that football spreads the virus more than everyday living? Those guys are safer than 99% of the country since they’re tested all the time. They’re safer than just about everyone on this board. 

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

What about a full recovery don’t you understand? 

Why is working in a restaurant any more of an essential job than a football player? I’m sure a guy like Corey Clement or Greg Ward would disagree with you. Neither one of those guys have had a big pay day and I’m sure need the money to pay bills. Who are you to say they’re not entitled to make a living?  Are you going to pay their salaries?

Besides, like I said is there any evidence that football spreads the virus more than everyday living? Those guys are safer than 99% of the country since they’re tested all the time. They’re safer than just about everyone on this board. 

Damn, you’re a real genius 😂

3 hours ago, Civicsixxx said:

Damn, you’re a real genius 😂

Damn, you’re a typical liberal. Facts and evidence don’t matter to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

And apparently common sense isn’t strong in the MAGA death cult. Don’t listen to all them crazy scientists and their intellectual theories. It’s all fake news!

39 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I don't think anyone has stone cold facts on what this virus does at this point. It's all speculation and continuing trial and error. Anything that messes with your lungs is real serious and they are still trying to figure out the long term affects and being that the virus is still only 7 months old no one truly knows the real long term effects. Anything that messes with your lungs opens you up to other diseases and sickness that you are more prone to because of any lung damage that we do know is a fact. 

Athletes need their air at 100% to be able to do their job so it's definitely really risky to go into this season not knowing what the long term issues are with breathing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Civicsixxx said:

And apparently common sense isn’t strong in the MAGA death cult. Don’t listen to all them crazy scientists and their intellectual theories. It’s all fake news!

Well let’s see, are Doctors always right? No, that’s why there’s something called a "second opinion”. So let’s see what scientists like Dr Fauci were wrong about. 1. He criticized Trump about shutting down travel to China 2. He told the media the virus will not affect the US 3. He said don’t wear masks since they don’t make a difference and then flip flopped on that. 4. Said millions would die in the US and models show half the country getting the virus. 5. Shut down the entire country which we can now see was a total mistake. Doctors were also using ventilators on Covid patients which we now know is more harmful than helpful. How about sending Covid patients to nursing homes to recover. So keep believing in the same scientists who have been wrong since day 1. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Well let’s see, are Doctors always right? No, that’s why there’s something called a "second opinion”. So let’s see what scientists like Dr Fauci were wrong about. 1. He criticized Trump about shutting down travel to China 2. He told the media the virus will not affect the US 3. He said don’t wear masks since they don’t make a difference and then flip flopped on that. 4. Said millions would die in the US and models show half the country getting the virus. 5. Shut down the entire country which we can now see was a total mistake. Doctors were also using ventilators on Covid patients which we now know is more harmful than helpful. How about sending Covid patients to nursing homes to recover. So keep believing in the same scientists who have been wrong since day 1. 

Fox News had done a number on you bruh. It’s a shame how brainwashed you idiots are.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Civicsixxx said:

Fox News had done a number on you bruh. It’s a shame brainwashed you idiots are.

Again, everything I just stated about Fauci is a fact. Prove me wrong... Again, liberals like you can’t see the facts if it doesn’t  doesn’t go along with the hate Trump agenda. You know I’m right! 

4 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Again, everything I just stated about Fauci is a fact. Prove me wrong... Again, liberals like you can’t see the facts if it doesn’t  doesn’t go along with the hate Trump agenda. You know I’m right! 

I’m expecting one of his next responses to just be "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

11 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Please explain how shutting down the country was a mistake (or indeed how it happened to any realistic degree), opening up again is causing spikes all over the place,  America has the worst figures in the World on this virus, it's genuinely bizarre how the US and the UK have both made absolutely disastrous attempts to control the virus and yet still have people saying the scientists are wrong rather than the politicians, it's like a death cult of anti science end stage capitalism.

By the way if you're answer to how shutting down the economy was wrong is because of the economic damage, a country with it's own currency can't run out of money to spend, the central reserve can just put some figures in a spreadsheet and spend what it wants (as it does when banks start going to the wall) any decision on government spending is political rather than economic, the decision to reopen the economy without getting the virus properly controlled on both sides of the Atlantic is essentially to stop Joe Public realising that.

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Please explain how shutting down the country was a mistake (or indeed how it happened to any realistic degree), opening up again is causing spikes all over the place,  America has the worst figures in the World on this virus, it's genuinely bizarre how the US and the UK have both made absolutely disastrous attempts to control the virus and yet still have people saying the scientists are wrong rather than the politicians, it's like a death cult of anti science end stage capitalism.

By the way if you're answer to how shutting down the economy was wrong is because of the economic damage, a country with it's own currency can't run out of money to spend, the central reserve can just put some figures in a spreadsheet and spend what it wants (as it does when banks start going to the wall) any decision on government spending is political rather than economic, the decision to reopen the economy without getting the virus properly controlled on both sides of the Atlantic is essentially to stop Joe Public realising that.

It was a mistake because businesses are failing and people are losing jobs. I’m not going to go through the list of bankruptcies  but just to name a few: J Crew, JC Penny, Men’s Warehouse. We probably slowed the spread for a bit but once we open things up it’s just going to start again. But look at things now, sure the virus is spreading but compared to the first wave, the death rate is way down and the rate of hospitalizations is way down. Everyone is wearing masks when they go out and if it weren’t for people partying and protesting, the infection rate would be way down. We’re dealing with this way better during the second wave then we did the first wave. 

On 7/29/2020 at 4:28 PM, Hawkeye said:

Lane, Jordan Mailata and Nate Gerry all on the COVID list.

We better get used to it.

Gerry activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/08/eagles-nathan-gerry-linebacker-competition-nfl/

Also looking forward to seeing what Olson offers.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How has he recovered that quickly?

The report was July 29th, he was tested positive before that. Even so he is still 14 days removed

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How has he recovered that quickly?

He was never sick to begin with ... supposedly  just tested positive.  So likely one of the many infected but asymptomatic.  

On 7/29/2020 at 4:28 PM, Hawkeye said:

Lane, Jordan Mailata and Nate Gerry all on the COVID list.

We better get used to it.

Question: Did ANY of them get SICK? I didn't see much news on that. This is what is so confusing about this "virus." If a person gets a cold, they get sick- every single person who gets a cold gets sick- they have a freekin cold. Ok, fine. Same with the flu- if you have the flu, you get sick- you have the flu. Not a single person ever got the flu, and told the doctor, "But doc, I feel great- I don't feel any symptoms. I'm not coughing, sneezing, I have no fever and I was playing basketball all afternoon and feel fine." And the doc says "Well, you tested positive for the flu- therefore you have the flu." You would naturally not believe the doctor. He couldn't PROVE you had the flu, and you KNEW you didn't have it, because you didn't get sick. What Bullsh**.  I am NOT saying there is no virus. I AM saying they are saying people have it, when they never even got sick. THAT is scary and wrong. What is the motive? What is REALLY going on here?

Not sure what the real truth is about this. Some people get sick. Some are TOLD they have it, but don't get any symptoms at all-zero. Some die from it. You tell me that there isn't something WAY off here. The only virus the world has ever heard of that people get, but don't even get sick, but are TOLD they have it. What's reason they aren't sick? It's as if they never really had it in the 1st place- the powers that be TOLD them they have it, and up go the statistics. You get seperated from everybody- for NO reason- you are NOT sick. WHY? Well, if you follow the $$$ trail, it it becomes very interesting. I can't go into it here. I'm not saying there isn't a virus, I AM saying people are being told they have it, when the truth is- they never did have it. I mean, how can you and I PROVE we never had it? The doctors know we can't prove it. We just believe the doctor. Well, maybe it's time to question the doctor, when they say your are sick, but you are NOT sick. Another thing- how do WE know what's already on that cotton swab before they shove it up into your freekin brain? What a weird world we are experiencing.  🤔