Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

You're simply furthering my point about how he's not getting a chance in the NFL. Asst. head coach is a bs title as the responsibilities (or lack thereof) vary greatly.  It's why I said he needs to go to college to add to his resume and land an opportunity to do the job.   

Perhaps some of it is how Duce interviews, but I have to be honest here. Duce could easily be a puppet just like Sirianni could be. They claim Sirianni is so articulate, but he time and time again acts immature and interviews like a moron. Even Duce could do that. 

35 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Perhaps some of it is how Duce interviews, but I have to be honest here. Duce could easily be a puppet just like Sirianni could be. They claim Sirianni is so articulate, but he time and time again acts immature and interviews like a moron. Even Duce could do that. 

Nick might just be bad at public speaking. I've met people through work who are articulate, even intelligent, who completely flub it when they have to speak in front of a room of people.  I don't know anything about how he interviews, and I would state that interviews are just a formality. When a team wants you they hire you, as long as you're not a complete idiot. Then again, Jeff Fisher was an NFL HC twice so I could be wrong about that 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

Duece was given a chance. He was Asst HC. 

I think the hope was that would help his resume during interviews, but it wasn't really something tangible where a prospective employer could grade his performance outside of coaching RBs. I think Duce could be a lot like Tomlin as a coach, but he probably needs another "real" position on his resume, not just a title. I don't know if he'd be a good NFL OC. Maybe he just needs to coach another position or maybe be a ST coordinator for a spell. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think the hope was that would help his resume during interviews, but it wasn't really something tangible where a prospective employer could grade his performance outside of coaching RBs. I think Duce could be a lot like Tomlin as a coach, but he probably needs another "real" position on his resume, not just a title. I don't know if he'd be a good NFL OC. Maybe he just needs to coach another position or maybe be a ST coordinator for a spell. 

I think his best shot was getting the interim position at the Panthers but he left with Reich. I don't think anyone expected Pierce to get the Raiders job but he did an excellent job in that role and he stuck.

Dan Campbell was a TE coach but had the interim position at the Dolphins which probably helps his resume. Campbell doesn't call plays for the Lions and has only held TE coach or the Assistant HC position title attached with his other role. 

1 hour ago, Mat said:

I think his best shot was getting the interim position at the Panthers but he left with Reich. I don't think anyone expected Pierce to get the Raiders job but he did an excellent job in that role and he stuck.

Dan Campbell was a TE coach but had the interim position at the Dolphins which probably helps his resume. Campbell doesn't call plays for the Lions and has only held TE coach or the Assistant HC position title attached with his other role. 

1 hour ago, Mat said:

Probably his interim job was the bigger factor in getting a HC job later. Assistant HC is like:

il_fullxfull.1808283302_ilf6.jpg

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Probably his interim job was the bigger factor in getting a HC job later. Assistant HC is like:

il_fullxfull.1808283302_ilf6.jpg

After I got out of the Army, I got a job managing a TCBY frozen yogurt store and there was a weaselly little guy with a mullet who had basically that exact title. He wore it as if he was CEO of TCBY lol. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Not the flashiest player in the world, but you would think after seeing the tackling by the Eagles this season, fans here would understand why the Broncos value him. He was a likable person and an underrated player and it's cool to see him recognized for his play. 

Congratulations to DeMeco Ryan’s for winning the NFL Coach of the Year Award. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Congratulations to DeMeco Ryan’s for winning the NFL Coach of thenYear Award. 

Mufasa:groovy: 

• Like 1

Congratulations to Reid and Spags on another trip to the bowl. A team that the Eagles beat, but couldn’t beat the Cardinals…..

What a f'ing dope, this was at HT

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Congratulations to Reid and Spags on another trip to the bowl. A team that the Eagles beat, but couldn’t beat the Cardinals…..

Now that Detroit choked I am forced to root for those 2 for another Lombardi as I sure as ish am not rooting the the forty-whiners!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, time2rock said:

Now that Detroit choked I am forced to root for those 2 for another Lombardi as I sure as ish am not rooting the the forty-whiners!  :lol:

Agreed! I hate everything about the 49ers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Agreed! I hate everything about the 49ers. 

I'm going for the 49ers unfortunately. At least Steve Young was my favorite QB at 1 time

Congratulations to Chip Kelly for deciding to demote himself as UCLA’s head coach to become Ohio States’s offensive coordinator. Know when to cut and run especially when you are failing at your  job. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ucla-coach-chip-kelly-hired-as-ohio-state-offensive-coordinator-after-informing-bruins-of-departure/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Congratulations to Chip Kelly for deciding to demote himself as UCLA’s head coach to become Ohio States’s offensive coordinator. Know when to cut and run especially when you are failing at you job. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ucla-coach-chip-kelly-hired-as-ohio-state-offensive-coordinator-after-informing-bruins-of-departure/

It doesn't sound like he'll be missed.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:52 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm going for the 49ers unfortunately. At least Steve Young was my favorite QB at 1 time

I have no love for either team. One team whined because we beat them last year and the other team beat us. No desire to see either team win. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I have no love for either team. One team whined because we beat them last year and the other team beat us. No desire to see either team win. 

Kinda where I'm at. I have no desire to see either win, and I'm guaranteed to hate the outcome. I won't turn the TV on til around 6:15-6:20, and as soon as the 4th quarter clock hits all zeros, TV goes off and won't turn on again til the draft.

• Like 2