Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

LOL at the Saints signing all of our over the hill FA's as a way to get back at us for signing Malcolm in his prime and robbing them for Darren Sproles.  

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t take long for Prince Smith to find a new home.  Signed with the Giants.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/12/giants-sign-cornerback-prince-smith/

Bummer, I would have liked to see him stick around on the PS for a year to develop.  Next year we are likely without at least 2 CBs near the top of the DC (Douglas, Jones) unless either has a really good season.  We could use some young developmental prospects.  I kinda liked Smith’s confidence/swagger. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'd take him back to work the lunch line

Fyp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'd take him back for some depth 

More intrigued to see the young guys they drafted. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Me too but a just in case kind of thing I wouldn't want him starting

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

From what i keep hearing taylor isn't going to sniff the field this year on defense and bradley a special teamer. Due to the lack of an extended offseason program I would bring him back without question, probably to even start (Similarly seen in signings of JP and Curry). Might not have had enough time to let younger linebackers develop and we know Bradham knows the system. He called the defense the last two seasons and plus he is a Schwartz guy. I would imagine they could probably bring him back cheap as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdgang said:

From what i keep hearing taylor isn't going to sniff the field this year on defense and bradley a special teamer. Due to the lack of an extended offseason program I would bring him back without question, probably to even start (Similarly seen in signings of JP and Curry). Might not have had enough time to let younger linebackers develop and we know Bradham knows the system. He called the defense the last two seasons and plus he is a Schwartz guy. I would imagine they could probably bring him back cheap as well.

The issue I have with bringing him back is, you now are forced to kick another player to the curb ... likely a younger player that may work his way into a significant role later.  Some of those younger players will be counted on for STs early (as you suggested for Taylor and Bradley).  Bradham has no future here - he would be a temporary addition if one was needed.  I’m with those that prefer to roll with who we have.  Let the young bucks take their lumps - they’ll only be better prepared later in the season when someone like Bradham will likely be dealing with yet another injury.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, birdgang said:

I saw enough of Bradham last season to feel like he’s not the player he used to be. Considering the Saints dumped him in days it pretty much confirms it. Also reports have been that Bradley has had a very good camp. William Thomas started out as a special team player and ended up starting that season. I would rather see Genard Avery get a shot to play linebacker than see Bradham again. 

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I’m pretty much out on Bradham right now. The way he failed to stick down there and how he couldn’t even beat out their young linebackers makes me think he doesn’t have much left. 

On 7/30/2020 at 6:41 PM, time2rock said:

Thought this was a pretty cool thread on the old board.  

Nigel Bradham signed by the Saints.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/30/nigel-bradham-signs-with-saints/

By the way I appreciate you bringing this back. I always liked this thread from the old boards. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m pretty much out on Bradham right now. The way he failed to stick down there and how he couldn’t even beat out their young linebackers makes me think he doesn’t have much left. 

True, hopefully we don't even need to worry about it and these young guys get the job done. I know a few on here hate Gerry but, I think he has been talked of highly and he can be a good leader for that group. Hopefully he can show the young guys the ropes and they become a decent linebacking core

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

True, hopefully we don't even need to worry about it and these young guys get the job done. I know a few on here hate Gerry but, I think he has been talked of highly and he can be a good leader for that group. Hopefully he can show the young guys the ropes and they become a decent linebacking core

Gerry is a guy I see around the ball a lot, but he’s just not making the plays consistently, but he does have playmaking ability. I mean if he can pull it together completely he could become someone really good for the Eagles. 

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Gerry is a guy I see around the ball a lot, but he’s just not making the plays consistently, but he does have playmaking ability. I mean if he can pull it together completely he could become someone really good for the Eagles. 

I agree I know he gets trashed a lot but the guy I think some of it is unwarranted