Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

On 12/16/2023 at 7:17 PM, time2rock said:

Sermon looking terrific for Indy in this game against Pittsburgh.  Shame Sirianni couldn’t figure out how to use him (just like we’re seeing now with Penny).  Reminds me somewhat of Doug not knowing how to use Golden Tate.  

Jeez I forgot Penny was even on this roster! 

• Like 1

It's weird. Barnett is actually playing around 50% of his team's snaps now and all of a sudden, he's productive. In the last 4 games he has 18 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 7 TFL, 10 QB hits, and 1PD ... and still no penalties. 

Believe what you want. 

• Like 1

I believe if that bum Barnett was out there playing with the Eagles today he would have been run over too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, time2rock said:

Jalen Reagor takes opening KO for NE and returns it for a TD.

And same game, Rasul Douglas has a pick 6.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 12:17 AM, time2rock said:

Sermon looking terrific for Indy in this game against Pittsburgh.  Shame Sirianni couldn’t figure out how to use him (just like we’re seeing now with Penny).  Reminds me somewhat of Doug not knowing how to use Golden Tate.  

This post is just mindblowing, he has all of 160 yards on the year and the Colts Head Coach is the OC who 'couldn't figure out how to use him' last year.  Trey Sermon just isn't that Fing good, he's not even Wendell Smallwood level, he's Kenjon Barner at best.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, time2rock said:

Speaking of comeback tours ... 

Nick Mullens to start for Minnesota this weekend. :lol:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nick-mullens-to-start-for-vikings-in-week-18

This is just the Vikes screwing me over because I've got Jefferson in my Fantasy team and it's the second leg of the final this week

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

This post is just mindblowing, he has all of 160 yards on the year and the Colts Head Coach is the OC who 'couldn't figure out how to use him' last year.  Trey Sermon just isn't that Fing good, he's not even Wendell Smallwood level, he's Kenjon Barner at best.

No one is saying he is the next coming of Barry Sanders for Christ's sake.  Only saying he got ZERO shot here and with his limited touches in Indy he has looked decent (he is averaging 4.6 yards/carry ... that would be better than anyone here not named Swift).  He surely could have contributed as part of a rotation.  He got a whopping 2 carries here.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

No one is saying he is the next coming of Barry Sanders for Christ's sake.  Only saying he got ZERO shot here and with his limited touches in Indy he has looked decent (he is averaging 4.6 yards/carry ... that would be better than anyone here not named Swift).  He surely could have contributed as part of a rotation.  He got a whopping 2 carries here.  

Then they do the same mind numbing thing with Penny. Deactivate him damn near every week, but still keep him on the roster for some reason. 

43 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Then they do the same mind numbing thing with Penny. Deactivate him damn near every week, but still keep him on the roster for some reason. 

Exactly.  Have to think he could contribute in some way.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

He's averaging 4,6 yards a carry in mostly garbage time yards, he's got the best average at the Colts too and he's still 3rd string dead rubber guy. People on this board have been hyping Sermon as a sleeper since his draft year and he's now on his third team in 3 years and none have considered him worth more than a back up to the back up role.

12 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He's averaging 4,6 yards a carry in mostly garbage time yards, he's got the best average at the Colts too and he's still 3rd string dead rubber guy. People on this board have been hyping Sermon as a sleeper since his draft year and he's now on his third team in 3 years and none have considered him worth more than a back up to the back up role.

So he's #3 in their RB rotation.  When Taylor was out he received the majority of the snaps as the lead back ... against Pitt he logged 17 carries for 88 yards (5.2 ypc).  I'd take that from a #3.  Some people may have been overhyping him but that isn't the case here ... I am merely suggesting he could have been used more as part of a rotation here (behind Sanders and Gainwell/Scott) as RB3.  He had 2 carries in 2022.    

34 minutes ago, time2rock said:

So he's #3 in their RB rotation.  When Taylor was out he received the majority of the snaps as the lead back ... against Pitt he logged 17 carries for 88 yards (5.2 ypc).  I'd take that from a #3.  Some people may have been overhyping him but that isn't the case here ... I am merely suggesting he could have been used more as part of a rotation here (behind Sanders and Gainwell/Scott) as RB3.  He had 2 carries in 2022.    

I think the Eagles want 3 active RBs with 1 more on the roster. It probably sucks to be the 4th RB on this team if you want to play, but that guy's role is to be the insurance policy. No major injuries have hit our RBs in the last couple years, so the RB4 just isn't going to get used. I thought Sermon played well last season despite only getting 2 touches. His preseason this year wasn't very good, though. I'm not sure that can be all put on him, but that's what fans see. 

I still feel the NFL has an abundance of RBs and unfortunately, many will hardly get used. 

On 1/4/2024 at 10:02 PM, time2rock said:

Exactly.  Have to think he could contribute in some way.   

I heard he makes a mean chilli, maybe he's serving up big portions on the sideline the last few weeks, which would explain so many players being sluggish.

Or something, I don't even know a thing about Penny any longer. No rhyme nor reason I can see for his continued absence at this point. It might as well be that than anything else

On 1/5/2024 at 2:33 PM, brkmsn said:

I think the Eagles want 3 active RBs with 1 more on the roster. It probably sucks to be the 4th RB on this team if you want to play, but that guy's role is to be the insurance policy. No major injuries have hit our RBs in the last couple years, so the RB4 just isn't going to get used. I thought Sermon played well last season despite only getting 2 touches. His preseason this year wasn't very good, though. I'm not sure that can be all put on him, but that's what fans see. 

I still feel the NFL has an abundance of RBs and unfortunately, many will hardly get used. 

This is actually why I really like Kenny Gainwell (even if he doesn't always). He can be productive, which is obviously his primary role, but he is productive enough that he is enough of a threat - you bring him in for a couple of passing plays, he has to be respected by the defense, but he is also excellent in blitz pickup. I've seen him make some excellent plays in protection this year

Rrasul Douglas inactive for the Bills today.

Looking forward to making a post about Sirianni in here ... soon.  :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, time2rock said:

Looking forward to making a post about Sirianni in here ... soon.  :ph34r:

You really are hopeful aren’t you bud. I’m right there with you I want it to happen.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You really are hopeful aren’t you bud. 

Truer words have never been spoken :lol:

• Haha 1