Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

On 1/29/2024 at 11:52 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm going for the 49ers unfortunately. At least Steve Young was my favorite QB at 1 time

I've never had a favorite QB who wasn't wearing an Eagles uniform. I've had some that I respected for their talents and abilities, but none that would be considered a 'favorite'. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Kinda where I'm at. I have no desire to see either win, and I'm guaranteed to hate the outcome. I won't turn the TV on til around 6:15-6:20, and as soon as the 4th quarter clock hits all zeros, TV goes off and won't turn on again til the draft.

I’m not a big fan of betting either so my overall desire to watch this game is nil. Ready for the off-season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've never had a favorite QB who wasn't wearing an Eagles uniform. I've had some that I respected for their talents and abilities, but none that would be considered a 'favorite'. 

I actually became an eagles fan because of hershal Walker and Eric Allen lol. I'm sure the majority of fans my age it was Cunningham that made them eagles fans. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I actually became an eagles fan because of hershal Walker and Eric Allen lol. I'm sure the majority of fans my age it was Cunningham that made them eagles fans. 

For me, it wasn't a player (or group of players), it was the uniforms. Specifically the helmets (I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Procus said:

image.thumb.png.65600f55efc98278accaa9942dbbce08.png

They're going to be ripping off negative yardage WR screens in no time! Watch out, NFC East!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kz! said:

They're going to be ripping off negative yardage WR screens in no time! Watch out, NFC East!

I doubt that had much to do with Johnson. I believe he's a very good hire for any team looking to develop a young QB. That's where his immediate value is as a coach. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Procus said:

image.thumb.png.fed08f8b350d9844bc5ba1f158f94d02.png

How the mighty have fallen.  I'm sure this is exactly what Zach had in mind when he said he was "signing with a contender".

1 minute ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

How the mighty have fallen.  I'm sure this is exactly what Zach had in mind when he said he was "signing with a contender".

That was a few years ago.  It's quite an achievement being in the league for over 10 years.

Look for Washington to draft or sign a good QB.

Jordan Poyer was released by Buffalo today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Procus said:

That was a few years ago.  It's quite an achievement being in the league for over 10 years.

Look for Washington to draft or sign a good QB.

Somewhat surprising that he would sign so soon.  Why not wait a little longer to see if he can latch on with a contender unless he was concerned once free agency starts there will be a heckuva lot more competition and less likely to get signed anywhere.  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Somewhat surprising that he would sign so soon.  Why not wait a little longer to see if he can latch on with a contender unless he was concerned once free agency starts there will be a heckuva lot more competition and less likely to get signed anywhere.  

I think it was the connection with Kliff Klingsbury

13 hours ago, metal said:

Jordan Poyer was released by Buffalo today.

He was still solid last year, but with 10 years on the clock, wonder if he'll try to catch on a new team or call it a career.

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He was still solid last year, but with 10 years on the clock, wonder if he'll try to catch on a new team or call it a career.

Yeah he's almost 33. I think going that route would be another 1 year band-aid fix which is not what we should be looking for but will probably end up with. I hope I'm wrong though.

I don't want to add any more 30+ year old players to an already old secondary (well, not as old not that we released Byard but still ... ).  Ideally we sign a S that is either in or nearing his prime that can be a part of the core of this new defense for the next few years.  I hate this revolving door of having a new pair of safeties seemingly every year - we need continuity at the back end.  That continuity will help tremendously in building chemistry and knowing what your teammates will be doing in any given situation.  

• Like 3