Doug cleared and back to work - after COVID-19

Wallyhorse

Better he gets it now than during the season

Their isn't gonna be a season, might as well make our peace with that truth.

• Like 11

He should stay away from the strip clubs. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Their isn't gonna be a season, might as well make our peace with that truth.

As much as we all want a season, I really think the best thing to do is cancel it. It's a fantasy to think that they can go through a season without people getting sick from this thing. 

• Like 5

The way the NFL operates there’s no way they will finish this season without some drastic changes. 

• Like 1

The good news it that Doug wasn't with Lou Williams getting wings.  I would hope they test the other coaches again because chances are Doug was probably meeting with them.  I might be in the minority, but I think they should cancel the season. This virus situation is too serious to mess around.  If baseball teams are getting it and baseball isn't really a contact sport, then football is going to be a lot worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

There won't be one. Not a full one anyways . Maybe a game or 2

And for anyone wondering...

Some people are reporting second cases. So it's not like getting it now would 100% keep him from getting it again... or any one of our players.

3 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

And for anyone wondering...

Some people are reporting second cases. So it's not like getting it now would 100% keep him from getting it again... or any one of our players.

I fully support her last sentence.  

There are zero confirmed cases of reinfections.

Then why are some people testing positive again?

Roughly 450 South Koreans tested positive for the virus again after meeting the criteria for recovery and being discharged from isolation. The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention re-tested more than half of those people and found no evidence of the live virus circulating.

Peer-reviewed research studies have shown that viral fragments can circulate even after an individual is symptom-free. That doesn’t mean that people are still sick or infectious.

Research suggests coronavirus reinfection is unlikely

But despite the anecdotal reports from doctors about patients becoming reinfected with the coronavirus, researchers say there's no evidence supporting the notion that people can become reinfected with the virus within a short time period.

"I haven't heard of a case where it's been truly unambiguously demonstrated," said Marc Lipsitch, an epidemiologist at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

For instance, South Korea's Center for Disease Control and Prevention in one study confirmed that, among 285 cases of people who again tested positive for the coronavirus two months after receiving their initial positive test results (including some who were experiencing Covid-19 symptoms two months after their initial diagnoses), none of the patients' new samples contained enough virus particles to allow researchers to grow the virus from the samples in a lab. Researchers said those results indicated that the patients weren't actively infected with the virus, and the diagnostic tests likely had detected dead virus particles that remained in their bodies or generated false-positive positive results.

Further, the researchers noted that none of the patients who re-tested positive for the coronavirus transmitted the pathogen to others.

So why, then, do some people seemingly recover from Covid-19 but again experience symptoms later?

Clinicians say more research is needed to answer the question of why some patients appear to fall ill with Covid-19 more than once, but some believe that such patients simply relapse because the coronavirus lays dormant in their bodies and reemerges—an occurrence that's been seen with some viruses that often result in lifetime immunity

• Thanks 1

Not feeling like baseball of football are going to make it this year. Hockey- funny I haven't heard a thing from the NHL.

27 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Not feeling like baseball of football are going to make it this year. Hockey- funny I haven't heard a thing from the NHL.

Hockey might be better when you consider that they wear long sleeve jerseys and gloves. Other than fighting, there isn't a lot of direct contact. They get to even quarantine for a few minutes in the box. With baseball, all the fielders could touch the ball at any given time. Plus, baseball players were still high fiving and doing the same things until the league reminded them again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The way the NFL operates there’s no way they will finish this season without some drastic changes. 

NHL will be just fine. Probably the only one.

3 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

You realize people can possibly get it more than once. They aren't sure, but the antibodies may only last a month or two.