Doug cleared and back to work - after COVID-19

Wallyhorse

On 8/2/2020 at 9:34 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As much as we all want a season, I really think the best thing to do is cancel it. It's a fantasy to think that they can go through a season without people getting sick from this thing. 

Completely agree.  And as appealing as a season taking place seems on the surface given the realities of the current situation, I oddly find myself not sure I even want it to happen.  I just don’t see how it goes off anywhere close to "normal,” and don’t know that I can fully get behind something that seems to be unnecessarily putting people at risk.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 6:17 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok but will replacement players be willing to play for less money and get sick too?. This isn't like anything the league has ever had to deal with

I'm sure they will. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

I'm sure they will. 

I’m sure some will.  Guessing playing a contact sport during a pandemic featuring such a highly contagious virus will sway a lot of players to not want to play, regardless of how much or how little they are paid (despite an opportunity that may not have otherwise presented itself).  

Vids of Cox working out with multiple guys, no masks, no social distancing. Same with Desean working out with several players, etc. Doug thought it was all great. Not one word about being smart in light of a global pandemic. I thought then, this guy does not get it. Not at all surprised Doug tested positive. 

15 hours ago, time2rock said:

I’m sure some will.  Guessing playing a contact sport during a pandemic featuring such a highly contagious virus will sway a lot of players to not want to play, regardless of how much or how little they are paid (despite an opportunity that may not have otherwise presented itself).  

I know it sounds cynical but I just think the NFL will run guys out there regardless of who opts in or out.  They have an endless supply of wannabe players if many of the current players walk out.  

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

I know it sounds cynical but I just think the NFL will run guys out there regardless of who opts in or out.  They have an endless supply of wannabe players if many of the current players walk out.  

Doug said as much in a recent interview. "Great time to be an undrafted player" or words to that effect.

I'd volunteer as replacement player. Think I could strap an oxygen bottle to my back so they didn't need to bring it out every play? If I had more than a 2 inch vertical I'd Linc leap every time I didn't jump off sides.

That would be a cool off-season activity for fans to be able to play flag football with some of the scouts and such coaching. You could even have a local "F" league of fans playing regular games at municipal fields but have some of the scouts and such come out and coach.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Put me in coach!  

4 hours ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

That's great news.  Glad to hear he's okay.

I wouldn’t wish being sick (especially from Coronavirus) on anyone ... not even a Dallas Cowboy fan!  :P

• Like 1

Ive adapted to living in this pandemic year for the most part.  Some things like no traffic are awesome actually.  Other things suck of course like not being able to have gatherings with friends/family.

having a football season will go a long way in giving us a sense of normality and something Americans can root for and follow. 

• Like 1

The team that wins the SB this year is the team that all gets COVID in the preseason.  Doug should have been spitting in everyone's water bottle. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 7:02 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I didn't!! Lol I see you going off in this thread about how it's gonna happen and I'm like yeah this guy put his membership on the line lol. All good man. I hope we do have a season and you are right

Hey, if they don't play because of social injustice that doesn't count right :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Hey, if they don't play because of social injustice that doesn't count right :unsure:

I think a vote would be in order lol

• Like 1