Doug cleared and back to work - after COVID-19

Wallyhorse

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I can't imagine the financial devastation tied to not having a season.  It's going to hurt so many people and businesses.  There is a huge chunk of the economy in play here.  What a mess!

Deep down, we all know whats coming.

Well one of us on here are continuing to fight it because they put their membership on the line lol. 

25 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well one of us on here are continuing to fight it because they put their membership on the line lol. 

Huh? That one went over my head.  

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Huh? That one went over my head.  

I’m curious now too.

5 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

I thought this was obvious to people but apparently not, I mean what more evidence do people need. It is not an opinion that there will be a season.

When the players walked out during the strike year in the late 80s the league just brought in replacement players.  Way too much money involved.  

8 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’m curious now too.

Joe hunter bet if there wasn't a season and it was cancelled then he would want to be banned that's how strongly he felt there would be a season. Notice he is still the most vocal one in here saying the season will happen lol. 

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

When the players walked out during the strike year in the late 80s the league just brought in replacement players.  Way too much money involved.  

Ok but will replacement players be willing to play for less money and get sick too?. This isn't like anything the league has ever had to deal with

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Joe hunter bet if there wasn't a season and it was cancelled then he would want to be banned that's how strongly he felt there would be a season. Notice he is still the most vocal one in here saying the season will happen lol. 

I do believe the season will start, but I’d be surprised if it finishes. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I do believe the season will start, but I’d be surprised if it finishes. 

I'm in the same boat they will start the season one way or another. No way in hell it finishes. We will see when they get to camp. If players are dropping left and right because of the virus and injuries in the first week of training camp they will call it. We have seen how well the MLB went in the first week. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Give him credit for putting his money where his mouth is.  The season may start, but the chances of finishing are pretty slim.  All you have to do is watch one old game to see how close fought and violent the game is.  

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Give him credit for putting his money where his mouth is.  The season may start, but the chances of finishing are pretty slim.  

I'm not knocking him for it. Just a brave move cause there is so much uncertainty

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not knocking him for it. Just a brave move cause there is so much uncertainty

There's not much uncertainty when you see MLB getting whacked and football is a completely different, up close and personal sport.  I like his optimism though and hope he is right.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

There's not much uncertainty when you see MLB getting whacked and football is a completely different, up close and personal sport.  I like his optimism though and hope he is right.

Me too. 

26 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yep

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Yep

Wasn't knocking you man. You definitely are making a brave statement though lol

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wasn't knocking you man. You definitely are making a brave statement though lol

Thought you guys forgot about that statement though :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Thought you guys forgot about that statement though :ph34r:

I didn't!! Lol I see you going off in this thread about how it's gonna happen and I'm like yeah this guy put his membership on the line lol. All good man. I hope we do have a season and you are right

• Like 1

19 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I took his comparison to mean "next man up" was going to be part of this season in a big way

Which is how I took it but you're going to have injuries plus the virus. And the way things are going there could potentially be lots of players testing positive across the league every week. And you could find certain positions are really badly hit. 

18 hours ago, time2rock said:

The news of Doug being infected with COVID-19 yesterday isn't the first time he is dealing with this - this is his 2nd bout with it.  

Is that so? Interesting! If that's true then that's major. But also I'm not surprised. People get flu more than once in their lives because they get different strains of the virus.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Which is how I took it but you're going to have injuries plus the virus. And the way things are going there could potentially be lots of players testing positive across the league every week. And you could find certain positions are really badly hit. 

We can hypothetical this BS until the end of time.  In reality, they play with who they have.  These are professionals.  They will handle it as well as anyone could.

I doubt they play anyway.

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

We can hypothetical this BS until the end of time.  In reality, they play with who they have.  These are professionals.  They will handle it as well as anyone could.

I doubt they play anyway.

They will play with who they have, if there is a season, but it's impossible for teams to plan for this season and for each week given how often they may be affected by COVID.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They will play with who they have, if there is a season, but it's impossible for teams to plan for this season and for each week given how often they may be affected by COVID.

Not worth debating hypothetical situations.  The chances of them playing is very slim.

16 hours ago, Madriver said:

Uhm...I guess because he belonged to a long list of a-holes like Jefferson, Washington, Adams, just about all of the racist slave-owning Southern Delegation and the other treasonous Brits who were also made into stars over the past 2 centuries. The play makes this pretty clear.

Awesome, now go rent Oliver Stone's "Born on the Fourth of July" and you'll have an honorary degree in American History from Penn.

Btw, not being a d on purpose but Penn's RIGHT There brother, take the retellings of folks stuck in studio apartments with a grain of salt. 

Seems every guy or girl who ever chased Fame instead of an actual education always has a better way of telling the tale. I'm happy to know that after they closed your local library you were able to fill in the gaps with the latest Reese Witherspoon and Bradley Cooper adaptation. 

By the way, I've added your summation of the gifts Thomas Jefferson gave us to the list, alongside the fact that a guy did not spend 25 years wandering around in circles in Delaware, he ACTUALLY fought Apartheid . ROFL 

• Sad 1

Like to get back to Football, but heck 2020's already Strange. 

That's it, we'll call the entire spiel, "If we could go back in time and do it ALL OVER again, we wouldn't just kick the living crap out of Charlie Manson and the Family" what we'd really do is put Hamilton in charge, not the real Hamilton lol nobody remembers him, the one we made up. 

It's always better in the dark. Meanwhile little Tommy's over in the corner 38 years old regressed to the point of thumb sucking with a plate of apple pie and rice pudding next to him. Hahaha. 

Oh I forgot Lone Wolf declared the end of Football as America's game yesterday so I guess this post is "topical"  <g> 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is that so? Interesting! If that's true then that's major. But also I'm not surprised. People get flu more than once in their lives because they get different strains of the virus.

No it isn't so, if you bothered to read other posts after that you would know he misinterpreted that from what they said on the radio. He tested positive twice, he did not have the virus twice.

16 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

No it isn't so, if you bothered to read other posts after that you would know he misinterpreted that from what they said on the radio. He tested positive twice, he did not have the virus twice.

And umm... Yeah actually I can't even be bothered. Not worth my time.