Doug cleared and back to work - after COVID-19

Wallyhorse

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There's no proof you can't get it twice. In fact it has been reported here in the UK that you can get it twice. 

This is very very different to injuries so stop trying to compare. 

The news of Doug being infected with COVID-19 yesterday isn't the first time he is dealing with this - this is his 2nd bout with it.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I took his comparison to mean "next man up" was going to be part of this season in a big way....not that the illness was equivalent to a high ankle sprain or concussion or broken leg....however, all of those would be "next man up" scenarios this year.

They aren't getting the season in anyway, so it won't really matter.

That is exactly what I was saying but he obviously couldn't figure that out so it was a waste of my time to continue replying to him

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

The news of Doug being infected with COVID-19 yesterday isn't the first time he is dealing with this - this is his 2nd bout with it.  

No that is not correct

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

No that is not correct

That what I heard them saying on both WIP and the Fanatic this morning on my commute into work.  Perhaps I misunderstood or didn't hear them correctly.  You know ... early Monday ... need caffeine.  haha

That's IT . End of the World. ( Hear the muttering in the background- Aint never nuttin work out ) Haha Nope.

Ride on brother.  While on the subject, excuse me somebody else brought it up, but why'd they try to make a big star out of Hamilton? Anybody that knows their a** from a hole in the ground knows Hamilton was a blowhard who thought all kinds of stupidity. Guess you'd have to have read the book. 

BookDeal.jpg

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That what I heard them saying on both WIP and the Fanatic this morning on my commute into work.  Perhaps I misunderstood or didn't hear them correctly.  You know ... early Monday ... need caffeine.  haha

They probably just meant he tested positive twice this week, he has not had it twice

• Like 1

Wonder where Doug got infected?  In the team facilities, at home or out around?  If former, there was/were carrier(s) in the building.  So, it is more about they trace and find the source and isolate the person. 

6 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Have seasons stopped because the star QB gets hurt during the first play of a game? is that a joke? no, some teams have tons of injuries and the season goes on. In the NFl players are in and out all the time. This is a another layer of risk but will not stop the league. There is too much money involved and will cause big problems for next year.

They pretty much have stopped for those teams. Usually when a QB goes down the team doesn’t wins games anymore

6 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

You can get injured at any moment, can't get it twice, at least so far there is no evidence of  that, please read the following

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/22/health/covid-antibodies-herd-immunity.html

Got any links besides nytimes?

Your own link says it’s possible in the title

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrotterIsGod said:

That's IT . End of the World. ( Hear the muttering in the background- Aint never nuttin work out ) Haha Nope.

Ride on brother.  While on the subject, excuse me somebody else brought it up, but why'd they try to make a big star out of Hamilton? Anybody that knows their a** from a hole in the ground knows Hamilton was a blowhard who thought all kinds of stupidity. Guess you'd have to have read the book. 

BookDeal.jpg

Yeah, but he had nice eyes.

14 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Their isn't gonna be a season, might as well make our peace with that truth.

I disagree.  Not that they should, but they will because the NFL is a cold, heartless money machine.  All in, league revenue will be about $9 billion dollars if the season is played, even without fans.  No global pandemic is gonna get in the way of that. One way or another, the games will be played. 

• Like 1

The league needs to just shut it down.  There can be a season next year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

The league needs to just shut it down.  There can be a season next year.

This will still be here next year. That vaccine will work on one form but there will be mutations.  

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

They pretty much have stopped for those teams. Usually when a QB goes down the team doesn’t wins games anymore

Got any links besides nytimes?

Your own link says it’s possible in the title

Yes no one right now can guarantee 100% that re infection down the line can not happen, that was not the point

57 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

This will still be here next year. That vaccine will work on one form but there will be mutations.  

The good news is that a vaccine will most likely work against variants with this mutation, according to the Scripps researchers.

In fact, the slow and mild nature of the mutations is good news for a vaccine.

"The virus is still so similar now to the initial sequence that there isn’t really much reason to think the differences will matter in terms of vaccine,” Neuman said.

The new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 has already mutated a handful of times, which has many people wondering whether the mutations could lead to a more severe, deadlier disease.

According to experts, the new mutations are extremely similar to the original virus that appeared in Wuhan, China, and don’t seem to be any more aggressive.

Because the mutations are so similar, a vaccine would likely protect people against not only the original strain but new mutations as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

I disagree.  Not that they should, but they will because the NFL is a cold, heartless money machine.  All in, league revenue will be about $9 billion dollars if the season is played, even without fans.  No global pandemic is gonna get in the way of that. One way or another, the games will be played. 

I thought this was obvious to people but apparently not, I mean what more evidence do people need. It is not an opinion that there will be a season.

18 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

I thought this was obvious to people but apparently not, I mean what more evidence do people need. It is not an opinion that there will be a season.

I dont know, this feels different. NFL is greedy as hell and will do absolutely everything they can to play this season. But if one player, personnel, or relative dies, its gonna go down poorly. 

9 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

I dont know, this feels different. NFL is greedy as hell and will do absolutely everything they can to play this season. But if one player, personnel, or relative dies, its gonna go down poorly. 

No you want it to feel different, follow what all evidence tells you so far

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As much as we all want a season, I really think the best thing to do is cancel it. It's a fantasy to think that they can go through a season without people getting sick from this thing. 

Agreed. Even though most people who get it tend to show mild or no symptoms at all, you don't want to risk it. I'm already anticipating the season being cancelled.

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As much as we all want a season, I really think the best thing to do is cancel it. It's a fantasy to think that they can go through a season without people getting sick from this thing. 

i dont know how the virus wont rip through the league when training camps can go full contact on Aug 17th. 

18 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

No you want it to feel different, follow what all evidence tells you so far

Heard, you are totally right on your point about the evidence (just look at the NFL approach to TBI and brain injury). However, I would argue that money first organizations and people aggressively protect future income/investments. If a covid breakout happens, the resulting PR nightmare and long term fiscal outcomes could damage the NFL beyond the financial ramifications of missing one season. There are also a LOT of moving pieces and people to coordinate and you need to have everyone on board. Each person or group that is a part of the NFL machine has volition and could resist in a variety of unpredictable ways. There a re a lot of moving parts (including the larger sociocultural climate) and it is hard for an organization to account for these unknowns.

Of course we also have to realize that the NFL is the dealer and we are the addicts... as a group, we almost always come back for another fix. Even if they have a covid related disaster, they will use 8+ months of the off-season to make carefully crafted  (in-genuine) statements, seemingly beneficial initiatives, and half-hearted safety programming in an attempt pacify us so we will be "all in" next season. But, it could go differently, and that is my point. We will just have to see...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TrotterIsGod said:

but why'd they try to make a big star out of Hamilton? Anybody that knows their a** from a hole in the ground knows Hamilton was a blowhard who thought all kinds of stupidity. Guess you'd have to have read the book. 

BookDeal.jpg

Uhm...I guess because he belonged to a long list of a-holes like Jefferson, Washington, Adams, just about all of the racist slave-owning Southern Delegation and the other treasonous Brits who were also made into stars over the past 2 centuries. The play makes this pretty clear.

43 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i dont know how the virus wont rip through the league when training camps can go full contact on Aug 17th. 

Seems like playing a game during a freaking pandemic isn't a good idea. But what do I know? I was told it's very contagious and at least 70% of the world will eventually get it.

1 hour ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Seems like playing a game during a freaking pandemic isn't a good idea. But what do I know? I was told it's very contagious and at least 70% of the world will eventually get it.

The other 30% of us are taking hydroxychloroquine

I can't imagine the financial devastation tied to not having a season.  It's going to hurt so many people and businesses.  There is a huge chunk of the economy in play here.  What a mess!

Deep down, we all know whats coming.