Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

Bummer that they gave up the lead and lost tonight.  Bound to happen at some point.  Full disclosure: I couldn’t watch tonight so I have no clue where it went wrong.  Just saw score updates on my phone.

First game I'm tuning in for this year. Tried to for the last game, but it seems that NBCS Philly isn't streaming on Roku anymore? This one is national on TNT...weird. It'll be a late night.

Nice pickup and wraparound goal by Giroux. He seems to be starting hot.

NAK makes it 2-0 from behind the net off a misplay by the goaltender.

Strong start to go up 2-0, but give one back right after the second goal

Still holding a 2-1 lead

And then Edmonton takes one right back off a pretty slick goal by Barrie. Maybe Hart could've been a little more patient.

Atkinson!  Gets them back up 3-2 if it beat the horn…

It looks good from replay!  0.7 seconds left and it counts.

Wow, Flyers take it right backs nd score with about 1/2 a second left.

Had to work tonight and just got home a little while ago.  Seems I missed a very action packed first half of the game.  Figured there would be goals this game with 2 of the higher scoring teams in the NHL.  Atkinson has been a good get so far.  Flyers need points as the rest of the division are all off to good starts.

This is an interesting game in that the shot totals are close, but the Oilers are getting more quality opportunities.  The Flyers have been more opportunistic though.  The Giroux and Atkinson goals are perfect examples.

Good save by Hart vs McDavid to keep it tied.  Oilers with a couple good cycling sequences.  Flyers better get stronger in their own zone.  Can't give McDavid chances like that or he'll cash in sooner than later.

3 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Good save by Hart vs McDavid to keep it tied.  Oilers with a couple good cycling sequences.  Flyers better get stronger in their own zone.  Can't give McDavid chances like that or he'll cash in sooner than later.

No doubt

That's some grit by Ristolainen to stay on the ice after having a shot deflect up inside his visor and hit him in the face.  Hope he's OK.

• Like 1

Ugh.  Not a smart play by TK and he gets nailed for a pen.

TK breathing a sigh of relief.  Barely stayed onsides for the empty net goal.

Good win tonight vs a hot team on the road.  Hart made saves when he had to.  Atkinson with another outstanding effort. 

• Like 1

Hart has been pretty good so far. Not great, but solid: 2-1-1, 2.73 GAA, and .915 sv%. He's doing the little things right and providing a steady presence in net. Not bad for a 23 year-old. Wonder if he'll get the start again tonight?