Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

This team hasn’t opened the payroll for a top tier defenseman since Pronger and it shows.  That guy, despite his age, was an immediate difference maker and it showed…and the antithesis of that shows today.  The need someone who not only scares opponents, but his own teammates when they fail to perform.

What you mean you didn’t love them trading for Ellis who was injury prone, over 30 and making a lot of money the next 5 years? Lol 

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 374.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What you mean you didn’t love them trading for Ellis who was injury prone, over 30 and making a lot of money the next 5 years? Lol 

Yeah, that 😆

On 5/9/2022 at 10:57 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

The Flyers are gonna Flyer. POS Organization.

I'm flipping back and forth between Caps/Panthers and Pens/Rags and it's depressing watching these teams realizing how far the Flyers are from these teams. This is only the first round. The Flyers are light years away from competing for a cup. 

Lol, Caps win the cup in 2018 and then 4 straight first round exits. 

8 hours ago, vsptroops said:

I'm flipping back and forth between Caps/Panthers and Pens/Rags and it's depressing watching these teams realizing how far the Flyers are from these teams. This is only the first round. The Flyers are light years away from competing for a cup. 

It’s even more disgusting to think that 20010 wasn’t that insanely long ago, and how competitive the Flyers were during that time.  They had a great coach in Lavy, strong defense and at least adequate goaltending.  They’re a shell of that form now with no hope in sight.

12 hours ago, vsptroops said:

Lol, Caps win the cup in 2018 and then 4 straight first round exits. 

Wow. Didn't know that. 

I can't believe all of the Game 7's in this 1st round. 

9 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Wow. Didn't know that. 

It's crazy. I mean they have a damn good team. Ovie, Oshie, Backstrom, Kuznetsov are great players. They had nothing but failure in the playoffs prior to 2018, they finally get over the hump, and now it's back to playoff futility again. Their 2018 run didn't start great either. They were down 2-0 to Columbus before they eventually turned it on and everything broke right for them from there. Kind of like the 2017 Eagles. Why the Caps didn't re-sign Trotz, who knows. 

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I can't believe all of the Game 7's in this 1st round. 

This Tampa/ Toronto game is fun. 

Ahhhh poor Toronto. SMH.

22 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Wow. Didn't know that. 

Me either.  Amazing.

Rangers vs. Pens could be fun. Hopefully.

For some reason, I just never have any interest for the Western NHL games. Like, I just don't care at all. 

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Rangers vs. Pens could be fun. Hopefully.

For some reason, I just never have any interest for the Western NHL games. Like, I just don't care at all. 

If Calgary wins tonight, they would face Edmonton in the next round, in a "Battle for Alberta".  The last time the two teams faced each other in the playoffs was 1988, I believe.  That would be a great series to watch.

37 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

If Calgary wins tonight, they would face Edmonton in the next round, in a "Battle for Alberta".  The last time the two teams faced each other in the playoffs was 1988, I believe.  That would be a great series to watch.

Not really - flames suck. Edmonton would sweep 

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Rangers vs. Pens could be fun. Hopefully.

I think I may have been right. LOL.

Also, wow, losing a 3-1 series lead the Pens did.

What a 1st round!

NHL game 7's were a heckuva lot better than the NBA game 7's. Hopefully the Canes can take out the Rags. 

16 hours ago, DBW said:

Not really - flames suck. Edmonton would sweep 

I'm doubtful of a sweep, and I wonder if Calgary even wins the series.  Edmonton has underperformed for a couple decades now, sans 2006.

 

 

On 5/15/2022 at 10:27 PM, vsptroops said:

Hopefully the Canes can take out the Rags. 

Hopefully a team can take out the TB Lightning.

10 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Hopefully a team can take out the TB Lightning.

Meh, they don't bother me. As a Flyers fan, I'm jealous as hell of that franchise.  They actually know how to draft and develop their players. Plus, I believe the last time the NHL team had a threepeat was the early 80's Islanders that won 4 in a row.

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Hopefully a team can take out the TB Lightning.

Carolina has a shot. I still take tampa though. I think the most realistic team that would do it is the Avs. Frankly i thought giroux should’ve went with the avs over Florida just cause i thought western conference the avs had a easier path as i didn’t think the west was as good as the east.  the panthers were always likely having to play 3 teams with 100 points each then play leafs/lightning and then potentially Carolina. I think avs path of preds, blues/wild and then Calgary was easier tbh. 

Agreed, I think the Avs can take them out, but, that would mean TB gets to the Finals............AGAIN.  Their success is crazy.

One game last night had 3 total goals scored. The other game had 5x that! LOL

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don’t let him leave the building without hiring him.  
 

 

And yeah.  It’s so much fun listening to all the guys talking about the Hurricanes at my golf course.  

I don’t mind Carolina as much cause of rod brind’amour being the head coach. He’s done a greag job. They play hard every shift. Makes me pissed off about the flyers as it feels like for years we had a team that would take off periods Of games or just aren’t very good 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.