MMA

Lorddevn

This is how someone dies, fix this boxing 

Report: Oscar De La Hoya out due to Covid, Evander Holyfield to fight Vitor Belfort

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

This is how someone dies, fix this boxing 

Report: Oscar De La Hoya out due to Covid, Evander Holyfield to fight Vitor Belfort

Did you ever call this one. Holyfield was unable to defend himself. That was so sad.

• Like 1

"Japanese legend Norifumi ‘Kid’ Yamamoto dies at age 41. 

Dude was a legend in Pride and looks like he died from cancer. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

What a card last night 

Well worth the money.  First 2 fights were absolutely amazing.  Frankie is still a g at 40.  Rose/Zhang being a split decision was an absolute travesty though.  It was a 'close' fight, but Rose was in control 80% of the fight.  Covington/Usman going the distance was a shock, great chess match between the 2 honestly.

14 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Gaethje vs. Chandler might be the craziest fight I've seen in the UFC. 

It was a banger. I cant remember one that good in a while. Yan vs Sandhagen was good too but there actually was defense there..

8 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

It was a banger. I cant remember one that good in a while. Yan vs Sandhagen was good too but there actually was defense there..

Insanity. Chandler was winning that fight until he started brawling with Justin. Awesome fight though.

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Insanity. Chandler was winning that fight until he started brawling with Justin. Awesome fight though.

It looked like gassed himself out and by time he recovered his front leg was toast. 

I'm not sure if liked that banger to start the card. It was so damn incredible that the rest of the card couldn't live up to it even though it was a great card. 

33 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It looked like gassed himself out and by time he recovered his front leg was toast. 

I'm not sure if liked that banger to start the card. It was so damn incredible that the rest of the card couldn't live up to it even though it was a great card. 

Yeah, he definintely tired out and Gaethje's kicks were a big factor too. Chandler needed to pick and choose his shots better.

It was awesome to start the PPV card that way, but it made Burgos-Quarantillo and Edgar/Chito seem like boring fights. It's better off having that fight as late into the card as possible, but obviously understand they had to move things a bit to make it work for Trevor Whitman.

4 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

The Ortega/Volkanovski fight from UFC 266 was insane 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

And Nunes GAVE UP - the choke wasn’t even all the way in.  I don’t think the Lioness nickname applies anymore 

She got uncomfortable pretty quickly when Pena went straight at her. Don't know what it was but I wasn't expecting her to tap out that quickly

Maybe she had money on Pena too :ph34r:

Peña upset over Nunes was insane. Almost fell out of my chair watching that. Couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.

First round of Oliveira-Poirier was so high level. Fast pace, quick decisions. Poirier hung in there well and landed some bombs. Oliveira is insane. So skilled and so mentally tough. He's right up there with Usman for P4P best IMO.

• Like 1

Cage Fury is holding a huge Grappling Event at the 2300 Arena in South Philly on 12/30. 

Multiple UFC fighters and top grapplers will be competing.... Probably will be the closest thing to a UFC fight in the Philly area anytime soon 

MAIN CARD

Danielle Kelly vs. Rose Namajunas
[MAIN EVENT]

Sean Brady vs. Craig Jones
Clay Guida vs. Billy Qurantillo
Chase Hooper vs. Renato Moicano
Nicky Rod vs. Steve Mowry
Kevin Holland vs. Kody Hamrah
Neil Magny vs. Joaquim Silva
Alex Caceres vs. Eddy Torres

Screenshot_20211220-184430_Instagram.thumb.jpg.5e33ba53dbb54ea0db6d98a845fcec50.jpg

• Like 1