MMA

Lorddevn

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Dude should never ref again. How can you continue to allow him fight? 

Twitter is going after him. That crap was nasty. Arm is flopping around and the ref is just staring at it

Diaz just doesn't lose even when he loses. 

He was almost almost out on his feet. 

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Diaz just doesn't lose even when he loses. 

He was almost almost out on his feet. 

Diaz could have won if he went after him after that hit in the last round

It was awesome how he pointed but I think it cost him the win. If he went after him I think he’d have won

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

It was awesome how he pointed but I think it cost him the win. If he went after him I think he’d have won

Agreed. Edwards looked drunk from those shots. Too little too late. I like Nate but needs to focus more. 

Anyway, who am i to say, as a schmo.

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

When I saw it live I didn't think Diaz realized he had him really hurt in the seconds after the punch. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So who we got for Saturday night?  Mean McGregor seems to be back, but is he just projecting that edge he used to have?  I thought he was winning that last fight before he got knocked out, honestly.  He needs to get away from just boxing, though.  Plodding forward and letting his calf get kicked to hell can't be OK this time around.  

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

So who we got for Saturday night?  Mean McGregor seems to be back, but is he just projecting that edge he used to have?  I thought he was winning that last fight before he got knocked out, honestly.  He needs to get away from just boxing, though.  Plodding forward and letting his calf get kicked to hell can't be OK this time around.  

I really am not interested in this fight and rest of the card does not move needle for me. 

I need the card to be strong for me to buy it. 

Meh I felt the same way too kinda - with the way the last fight went I kinda figured McGregor's lost his edge, he's just a money fight for people now.  But a couple buddies are coming over so we'll split it - makes it easier to swallow if it ends up sucking :lol: 

• Like 1

Re watching the fight and first round was pretty even. Conor was doing well with his jab but Dustin had already beat that leg up a good bit. 

Dustin started 2nd round with a massive calf kick and think that changed the tide. 

Will be more interested to see how Conor adapts to his stance and heavy lead leg. 

With the insane paydays McGregor has had, it's got to be tough for him to care as much as he used to. I'll take Poirier again as he's the more serious fighter at this point. McGregor still has a punchers chance, but I'll take Poirier by 3rd round TKO. 

23 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Will be more interested to see how Conor adapts to his stance and heavy lead leg. 

I had actually never seen that. Conor looked better than I assumed. Poirier didn't have much going for him besides the calf kick before the flurry of punches that won him the fight. I'll stick with Poirier in 3 because I already said it, though. 

Conor hasn't seen his kids in two months and got rid of his boxing coach. He is definitely taking this a lot more seriously this time around. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Conor hasn't seen his kids in two months and got rid of his boxing coach. He is definitely taking this a lot more seriously this time around. 

He was with his kids like a week ago, and he has worked with his boxing coach recently as well.

He's only been in the US for a like 10 days.

12 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

He was with his kids like a week ago, and he has worked with his boxing coach recently as well.

He's only been in the US for a like 10 days.

Not what Ariel Helwani reported.

Date stamp says June 11th, so far you are 0/1

My apologies. I could've sworn I saw a Conor IG post where he was leaving his family recently. But yeah, he definitely is still working with his boxing coach. Maybe not as much as the last Poirier fight, but he hasn't gotten rid of him or anything. He said as much in one of his media appearances this week.