MMA

Lorddevn

Conor isn't overrated. His only MMA losses recently are to the greatest lightweight of all-time and maybe the best lightweight in the game today. 

He isn't a good defensive fighter though. When things don't go his way, they go downhill fast as hell.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

People hate him but he brings the crowds and views

Making fun of the injury is just as much as being an a-hole yourself

F him. Being made fun of is part of being a cocky loudmouth. You cant have it both ways.

Edit forgot this guy put me on ignore because Zach Snyder made a really long, crappy movie.

FB_IMG_1626017883112.jpg

1 hour ago, schuy7 said:

Conor isn't overrated. His only MMA losses recently are to the greatest lightweight of all-time and maybe the best lightweight in the game today. 

He isn't a good defensive fighter though. When things don't go his way, they go downhill fast as hell.

People just like to hate on him

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

People just like to hate on him

No doubt. He lacks composure defensively. He was surgical and composed back in 2016. He gets too emotional and rattled now. Still an awesome fighter and that was a really **** way to complete the trilogy. Poirier is probably the better fighter right now, but I think everyone - even Dustin - would have liked to have seen a more conclusive ending last night. Hopefully Conor heals up.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2021 at 4:13 PM, mikemack8 said:

I know you don’t like him, but to say he’s the most overrated of all time is absurd.  

I would say he's right up there as one of the most overrated at the very least. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I would say he's right up there as one of the most overrated at the very least. 

Yeah, you can be good and still be over rated. That's how I see him.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 12:06 PM, Boogyman said:

Yeah, you can be good and still be over rated. That's how I see him.

I think he's been exciting and that's what sells. He talks trash, he gets in people's faces and as a result he sells tickets and PPV.

Gamrot looked solid. Quick easy win against a veteran. The 155 division is loaded in talent.

On 7/18/2021 at 12:07 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

Islam is fighting now

Watched that fight - he's basically another Khabib.  Not flashy, but just dominates his opponent, especially when it gets to the floor.  The dude he submitted was no slouch when it comes to grappling.  

MMA needs to go to the Olympic diving judging system:

You have 5 judges and throw out the high and the low scores. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than what is happening now.

8 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Hot take: MMA judging isn't as bad as people think it is.

It is. 

I think open scoring solves all the issues 

This should be a good fight and props to Chandler for a willingness to fight. Three fights this year 

Michael Chandler opens as a betting underdog ahead of UFC lightweight clash with Justin Gaethje at UFC 268

That was pretty sad and in his own hometown. He was just bullied

Twitter wasn't happy last night

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

That was pretty sad and in his own hometown. He was just bullied

Twitter wasn't happy last night

Was always going to be a garbage fight and Dan putting it on PPV after Nunes went out was ridiculous 

• 3 weeks later...