MMA

Lorddevn

Have won 9 of my last 10 bets in UFC. Watched enough over the last year you get a pretty good idea of who is who and watching guys walk out is a good indicator as well. 

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Have won 9 of my last 10 bets in UFC. Watched enough over the last year you get a pretty good idea of who is who and watching guys walk out is a good indicator as well. 

I think MMA is one of the easier sports to gamble on actually. People tend to think it's the least predictable, but I don't agree with that. Team sports are way more difficult because there are way more x-factors and variables. A bunch of players, coaching decisions that can be messed up, ball bouncing weird, etc. MMA is 1 vs 1. If you know the fighters in the cage well, you'll hit a high percentage. 

On 12/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, iladelphxx said:

Cage Fury is holding a huge Grappling Event at the 2300 Arena in South Philly on 12/30. 

Multiple UFC fighters and top grapplers will be competing.... Probably will be the closest thing to a UFC fight in the Philly area anytime soon 

MAIN CARD

Danielle Kelly vs. Rose Namajunas
[MAIN EVENT]

Sean Brady vs. Craig Jones
Clay Guida vs. Billy Qurantillo
Chase Hooper vs. Renato Moicano
Nicky Rod vs. Steve Mowry
Kevin Holland vs. Kody Hamrah
Neil Magny vs. Joaquim Silva
Alex Caceres vs. Eddy Torres

Screenshot_20211220-184430_Instagram.thumb.jpg.5e33ba53dbb54ea0db6d98a845fcec50.jpg

Two more fights added..... This is a stacked card 

Screenshot_20211223-214136_Facebook.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What I used to like most about UFC is that fighters fought. They seemingly didn’t duck opponents. 

Now we’ve got the entire welterweight roster ducking Khamzat Chimaev and Sean O’Malley ducking… everyone.

Is this new or was I originally mistaken?

One thing I always loved about Cerrone - that dude would fight anyone.  If he had been more strategic about it he probably would have won a title, but he never turned a fight down and it cost him several times.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SB52 said:

What I used to like most about UFC is that fighters fought. They seemingly didn’t duck opponents. 

Now we’ve got the entire welterweight roster ducking Khamzat Chimaev and Sean O’Malley ducking… everyone.

Is this new or was I originally mistaken?

Nobody wants to fight down and there is a log jam at the top.

It also doesn't help that Dana White will allow guys like McGregor to call their shots and jump people for title/high profile fights.

I think Chimaev is going to fight Gilbert Burns at UFC 273

I'd love to see a Chimaev vs Sean Brady fight in 2022, but I think Dana wants to keep them both undefeated for a few more fights so that he can sell it as an udefeated vs undefeated main event when they are both higher in the rankings.

Brady just beat Craig Jones, who is widely consdered the #2 P4P grappler in the world behind Gordon Ryan and had about 25lbs on him.   

Khamzat hasn't really fought anyone in the top 10.  

Either way, I think those 2 guys are the top Welteweight prospectes right now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I wonder why streaming is so high

Demand + Inflation 

2 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

uh what...Moreno got screwed.  That was too close to change hands of the belt.

That didn't feel right for sure. It was a close fight. I wasn't actively scoring it while watching it, but it felt like a close win for Moreno.

9 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

uh what...Moreno got screwed.  That was too close to change hands of the belt.

I wouldn't say screwed but I thought Moreno getting dropped changed some rounds.

Gane isn't impressive at all. 

15 hours ago, schuy7 said:

That didn't feel right for sure. It was a close fight. I wasn't actively scoring it while watching it, but it felt like a close win for Moreno.

8 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I wouldn't say screwed but I thought Moreno getting dropped changed some rounds.

Gane isn't impressive at all. 

Age old saying...to be the champ you have to beat the champ.  That fight was too close for the belt to change hands IMO.  Helluva fight though either way.

• 3 weeks later...

ADESANYA

TUIVASA     

CANNONIER   

MOICANO     

GREEN  

Preliminary card (ESPN2 / ESPN+)

PHILLIPS      

ULBERG

Who I got tonight 

Tuivasa walked out to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and then KO'd Lewis

:worthy:

Lewis needs to take a break from doing fights in Houston. He's had back luck recently

• 2 weeks later...

Man, the Cain Velasquez story is sad and effed up:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/03/cain-velasquez-high-speed-chase-video-after-attempted-murder-shooting

Hope he doesn't have to do too much time. Too bad he didn't finish the pedo. Surprised a guy like him wouldn't have waited to find that guy on the street and beat the crap out of him instead of trying to chase him down and shoot him. 

On 1/2/2022 at 2:21 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Well that seems like really horrible officiating. 

On 3/3/2022 at 4:35 PM, Kz! said:

Man, the Cain Velasquez story is sad and effed up:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/03/cain-velasquez-high-speed-chase-video-after-attempted-murder-shooting

Hope he doesn't have to do too much time. Too bad he didn't finish the pedo. Surprised a guy like him wouldn't have waited to find that guy on the street and beat the crap out of him instead of trying to chase him down and shoot him. 

Well that seems like really horrible officiating. 

The problem is, he shot the pedo's 60 year old step father, not the actual suspect..... 

It's California, so he's probably Fed 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, Masvidal (fresh off getting his ass kicked) attacked Covington last night and hit him a few times.