MMA

Lorddevn

When people ask me, ‘What’s the state of boxing right now?’ That’s where it’s at,” White said. "Didn’t that kid get beat up by the (expletive) video game kid from England, and now he’s going to fight Floyd Mayweather?”

Boxing knows the only way to get views now is putting these trash celebrity fights together.  Nobody wants to see two legit boxers hug each other for 12 rounds and then have the judges come up with some trash decision.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 1:36 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

UFC is on ABC this weekend, Katter vs Holloway. Big Katter fan and hope he pulls it out 

Yeah that was ugly - Holloway looked unstoppable.  I’m extremely impressed that Kattar went the distance though.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 1:28 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

When people ask me, ‘What’s the state of boxing right now?’ That’s where it’s at,” White said. "Didn’t that kid get beat up by the (expletive) video game kid from England, and now he’s going to fight Floyd Mayweather?”

That kid and the guy and the champion guy are making 10x the UFC champs per fight. The IFC undercard fighters can barely make rent. So, there’s that...

On 12/31/2020 at 8:28 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

Champ vs. champ: Jan Blachowicz puts up light heavyweight title vs. Israel Adesanya at UFC 259

My coach, Sean Brady is on the card vs Jake Matthews - He's 13-0, 3-0 UFC and one of the top Welterweight prospects.

He'll probably break the Top 15 if he wins

I'm curious to see how McGregor and Poirier compare size wise Saturday night. Poirier is a biggg lightweight. It's crazy that he used to be a featherweight. Poirier really had the size and strength/power advantage against Dan Hooker and Max Holloway, and it made a big difference in those fights. No doubt, McGregor's the more skilled striker, but it'll be interesting to see how Conor takes a Dustin shot.

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought McGregor retired?

Nah, just one of those things that happens during negotiation and all that. "I'll retire." He's done it a few times during his career.

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Someone have a link?

I was going to use vipbox.tv but if there's something better

Sports hd dot me

good fight..  ngl enjoyed conor being more respectful.  it's a great change from how he acted leading up to when he fought khabib.

I think McGregor has lost his edge.  That’ll happen when you’ve made a couple hundred million I suppose 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I think McGregor has lost his edge.  That’ll happen when you’ve made a couple hundred million I suppose 

yeah..  feel like he was more hungry during the come-up.  but i think most are.  if you watched him before all the millions, dude was a worker.  now that he has the millions...  slowly slipping.  i think it's what separates levels of athletes.  you get the jordan or ali types...  that even with all the accolades, fame, and everything else they worked for...  STILL keep working hard to maintain that level...  those are goats.

then you have the mcgregor types, who are insane athletes of their own.  his once dominance in multiple divisions proves that.  he even tried his hand at boxing, though that may have just been for the payout.  but he lost it when he got his millions and all the fame.  true, maybe conor could be considered a goat in the ufc, but (imho) he's not on the level of other goats in other sports -- including combat ones.

edit:

don't get me wrong.  mcgregor is still mcgregor and still could be a handful for anyone in the octagon...  but yeah, the edge is fading.

holy eff, conor's leg:

spacer.png

i know poirier's fists got the knock out...  but them leg kicks had a LOT to do with it too.