HBO Max

Gannan

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

IIRC the new CEO wanted to start this before the change. Leasing content to other services you can get quantifiable revenue off that IP.

Theres a new animated Batman being worked on by the guy who did the animated series back in the day. WB shopped it around and it’s going to be shown on Prime. 

Honestly I think they shot themselves in the foot anyway. I don’t think there’s enough content around to have as many streaming services as their are now. They could have set Max up as the "we don’t have everything, but everything we have is amazing” streaming service, but they tried to do what everyone else is doing so their content got diluted. 

Changing to Max was dumb.  And it costs too much.  I had it free with my AT&T internet, then moved to an area that AT&T doesn't provide service so I lost it, and it's $20/month or pay a bit less but for ads and no 4k/dolby sound.  I pay $10/mo for Peacock and just signed up for Paramount+ for a 50% deal by paying $30 for the year, making it $2.50/month.  

Disney is increasing prices again but it's still only $11/month.  

32 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Changing to Max was dumb.  And it costs too much.  I had it free with my AT&T internet, then moved to an area that AT&T doesn't provide service so I lost it, and it's $20/month or pay a bit less but for ads and no 4k/dolby sound.  I pay $10/mo for Peacock and just signed up for Paramount+ for a 50% deal by paying $30 for the year, making it $2.50/month.  

Disney is increasing prices again but it's still only $11/month.  

Yeah I got rid of all my streaming subs a few months back and exist on YouTube (which has a surprising amount of free movies), Pluto, Tubi, and Prime (which I only have because of the two day shipping). 

I have yet to miss any of them. 

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yeah I got rid of all my streaming subs a few months back and exist on YouTube (which has a surprising amount of free movies), Pluto, Tubi, and Prime (which I only have because of the two day shipping). 

I have yet to miss any of them. 

I end up scrolling through all of them and settling for something.  I need to have a series to get into.  Paramount+ was so cheap I went for it, can consume their content for a year.  Lioness is a military/spy series with Zoe Saldana, not bad so far.  It has all the Star Trek content, some other shows and some movies.  The good thing is when they are cheap and you can cancel contracts if you want.

On 9/8/2023 at 3:57 PM, Godfather said:

Sucks there's only 7 episodes this season

Cancelled -- which I imagine they knew in advance which is why the end of 7 had a bunch of historical facts listed. Sad we never get to see teh aids play out during the heightened drama of the series. 

33 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Cancelled -- which I imagine they knew in advance which is why the end of 7 had a bunch of historical facts listed. Sad we never get to see teh aids play out during the heightened drama of the series. 

Yea. That's a shame

On 9/18/2023 at 3:08 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's BS!

Agreed. It was a good show

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Anything out on HBO that is good or up and coming or just going to cancel it for now. 

The new season of True Detective starts in mid January.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

True Detective premiere this Sunday!  Early reviews have been very positive it seems

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

True Detective premiere this Sunday!  Early reviews have been very positive it seems

Yay!  So glad for the positive reviews. It’s all sunshine and rainbows moving forward!  Fingers crossed!!  

image.gif.b9ba0f55d47930ce20de898ac07859d0.gif

• Haha 1

I enjoyed Episode 1. Got a weird vibe to it as usual. I knock 1 point off because of no Alexandra Daddario boobs. 

• 5 weeks later...

I am on season 2 of True Detective. I only watch it when I can do a few episodes at a time. Can't read the other thread yet... Since I've been busy and not much time I had the whole Soprano's run again, and now I've turned on The West Wing.  This way I can get stuff done and not be stuck on the couch, but I still enjoy the breaks I take watching these older shows.  They were so good.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve decided that I’m going to watch Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom. This looks really good. How much am I going to love it?

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2024 at 1:11 PM, The_Omega said:

I’ve decided that I’m going to watch Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom. This looks really good. How much am I going to love it?

However much money this movie lost, it wasn’t nearly enough. It needed to lose enough to dissuade any studio or investor from ever giving these "filmmakers” a cent to make another one. wtf?  :lol: James Wan’s a capable filmmaker but you’d never know it from this. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

This show is either getting canceled or they are going to have do a huge time jump for Season 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 11:43 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

This show is either getting canceled or they are going to have do a huge time jump for Season 3

I love Euphoria, I hope it gets cancelled.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Another show I really hope dies on the vine. 

Watched Chernobyl the other night.  It's a mini series (5 episodes).  I'm a sucker for historical shows.  It was well done.

Was there ever a Deadwood thread here?  I am not sure how I ever missed this show, but I started it last night and loving it.  It's not that historical in the sense that I feel like these people did not use the F word every two words!  Holy cow, the dialogue is unreal. Calamity Jane is hysterical.  

1 hour ago, DiPros said:

Watched Chernobyl the other night.  It's a mini series (5 episodes).  I'm a sucker for historical shows.  It was well done.

Was there ever a Deadwood thread here?  I am not sure how I ever missed this show, but I started it last night and loving it.  It's not that historical in the sense that I feel like these people did not use the F word every two words!  Holy cow, the dialogue is unreal. Calamity Jane is hysterical.  

Chernobyl was great. Maybe a 2018 or 2019 release? Those hospital dudes straight melted. My favorite part was when my guy Barry K got to have target practice on them dogs!

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Chernobyl was great. Maybe a 2018 or 2019 release? Those hospital dudes straight melted. My favorite part was when my guy Barry K got to have target practice on them dogs!

It was intense that episode with the hunting.  How bout the miners?  Whew !!  Usually only see naked women on TV, never men.  

On 4/12/2024 at 11:59 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

Finally finished episode 1

image.gif.7808fd611d121593a3bafbf9b3f0235f.gif