HBO Max

Gannan

Just recently got this one. I had dumped HBO after GoT ended. I'm really enjoying it so far. Watched "The Plot to Destroy America" and now watching "Lovecraft Country". Lovecraft country is the best show streaming right now imo. Historical, but totally creepy and bizarre as well. Anyone else watching it?

• Like 1

Side question, wtf is HBO max? Is it just a streaming service? If I’m getting HBO through cable will I eventually need HBO max? Also is Max cheaper if I cancel HBO while still getting the same content?

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Side question, wtf is HBO max? Is it just a streaming service? If I’m getting HBO through cable will I eventually need HBO max? Also is Max cheaper if I cancel HBO while still getting the same content?

They combined HBO and Cinemax into one streaming service. I don’t have cable but you probably get about half the content available through Hbo on cable I’d imagine, most of it if you add Cinemax. There seems to be some random additional content. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gannan said:

They combined HBO and Cinemax into one streaming service. I don’t have cable but you probably get about half the content available through Hbo on cable I’d imagine, most of it if you add Cinemax. There seems to be some random additional content. 

Interesting. So you get all the same content HBO wise when shows air? I’ll definitely have to look into this 

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting. So you get all the same content HBO wise when shows air? I’ll definitely have to look into this 

Except for Bill Maher. That comes out the next day. 

with Hulu & HBO Max, i pay about $20 monthly. That's about $150 cheaper to channel surf (but you do lose out on the channels geared to being just a commercial).

Watched "Richard Jewell" last night. Clint Eastwood always makes great films, and damn this one was good. I was in highschool when the bombing happened and didn;t know his story. It was a really compelling story and the acting was top notch. 

30 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Watched "Richard Jewell" last night. Clint Eastwood always makes great films, and damn this one was good. I was in highschool when the bombing happened and didn;t know his story. It was a really compelling story and the acting was top notch. 

My mans needs to learn to keep his mouth shut :lol: so much pain watching him self-sabotage 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

My mans needs to learn to keep his mouth shut :lol: so much pain watching him self-sabotage 

Seriously.

Spoiler

The part where he's agreeing to call in the bomb threat was cringe worthy. I wondered if he was borderline retarded at that point. 

Just now, Gannan said:

Seriously.

Hide contents

The part where he's agreeing to call in the bomb threat was cringe worthy. I wondered if he was borderline retarded at that point. 

he definitely wasn't borderline smart :lol:

• Haha 1

About half an hour into Lovecraft Country, I'm like , Ok I get it, you want to establish positive black role models.  About 15 minutes later I'm like, still?  F this.  Nobody has the right to make a boring pilot.  Nobody.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

About half an hour into Lovecraft Country, I'm like , Ok I get it, you want to establish positive black role models.  About 15 minutes later I'm like, still?  F this.  Nobody has the right to make a boring pilot.  Nobody.

Stick around to the end

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Stick around to the end

dude flashback to my first honeymoon with the italian. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

It's just setting up the plot. Stick with it at least to the night in the woods with the cops. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gannan said:

... to the night in the woods with the cops

how was that scene shot ?

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Stick around to the end

Just watched the 1st episode, and I think I've got the plot figured out.  It was actually my idea first but I didn't jump on it fast enough.  

Spoiler

Black family leaves to find dude's dad, but along the way they run into racial injustice and 50-eyed monsters that have zombie-like abilities.  The only way to stop these racially charged monsters if for the MLB to stop blackballing Jackie Robinson.  

Giggling GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

how was that scene shot ?

A lot of hand held and CGI 

10 hours ago, Gannan said:

A lot of hand held and CGI 

ty  but my apologies, i forgot  to 'dress up' my original post for the punchline. 

On 8/26/2020 at 9:54 AM, mikemack8 said:

Started Lovecraft Country last night - enjoyed the first episode - definitely has potential

same. 

needs its own thread, btw. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

same. 

needs its own thread, btw. 

Hunt 1
thread/kangaroo 0

FYI they have every DC movie ever made minus a couple. Make fun if you want, but Animated DC kicks a** IMO

7 minutes ago, homerpat said:

FYI they have every DC movie ever made minus a couple. Make fun if you want, but Animated DC kicks a** IMO

I'm actually talked with chickie about watching Flashpoint

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 11:39 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Should have finished it lol