HBO Max

Gannan

29 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Still haven't checked that show out, but want to. I heard Season 1 was trash, though, so it's hard for me to get started on it.

Season one had it's moments. I really liked the first episode where it sets up this nihilistic society that had resulted from the disappearance. 

• Like 1

Yeah season 1 wasn’t all bad and it got better as it went on.  Season 2 was an all timer for me.  Season 3 was good as well, maybe even weirder than season 2 but still really good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm 3 seasons late to the party but i started watching "barry" this week...i really enjoy it so far. the fonz is the goat! :worthy:  

11 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm 3 seasons late to the party but i started watching "barry" this week...i really enjoy it so far. the fonz is the goat! :worthy:  

Fonz goes on a Rollie coastie

• 2 months later...

Super Pets just came out. Didn’t know it was coming so soon and wasted money taking kids to see it in theater last weekend, but was definitely a cute movie and enjoyable enough for adults. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2022 at 8:57 PM, dawkins4prez said:

White lotus 2 is already a riot 3 episodes in.

This might be my favorite show right now.  Their ability to write awkward scenes and scenarios is fantastic.  Some of the conversations are cringeworthy but brilliant.  

Holy ish. I’m usually good at recognizing actors/actresses but never made this connection. I’ll now never unsee it.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Holy ish. I’m usually good at recognizing actors/actresses but never made this connection. I’ll now never unsee it.

And this person is either lying or dumb as hell because he was in the first season over a year ago. 

It wasn't until season 3 of homeland that I found out (let alone even recognize on my own) that Saul was Inigo Montoya. Talk about mind blown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

It wasn't until season 3 of homeland that I found out (let alone even recognize on my own) that Saul was Inigo Montoya. Talk about mind blown.

Same. It was driving me crazy where I knew him from. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I’ve heard others say this. Strikes me as weird. Mandy Patinkin has been in so much besides princess bride. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, homerpat said:

I’ve heard others say this. Strikes me as weird. Mandy Patinkin has been in so much besides princess bride. 

My dad used to set up the sound for his off Broadway tour he used to do. He's a really nice guy. 

• Like 1

I’m looking forward to season 4 of Doom Patrol. Almost gave in in beginning of season 1,but it grew on me.

• Like 1

Still stuck on season 3 of DP. Really loved first 2 seasons, but for some reason it’s just not clicking with me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I finally started watching The White Lotus.  There is no way that Fred Hechinger isn't Joaquin Phoenix' secret love child.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:52 AM, Kz! said:

Still haven't checked that show out, but want to. I heard Season 1 was trash, though, so it's hard for me to get started on it.

I liked it. It’s different.

We finished season 1 of The White Lotus.  I enjoyed it, not sure how much she did.  Amazing how much damage the rich white people did to the lives of locals in a week.  Coulda done without seeing Armond

Spoiler

take a ish in the suitcase.  It was obvious what he was doing, they didn't need to show it.  Also, looked like the Jennifer Coolidge character gave the spa manager a nice stack of cash.  Maybe not enough to keep a start up rolling in cash but definitely enough to at least get started on a shoestring budget, but she didn't even count it.  I understand her disappointment, but that was a pretty outrageous lack of gratitude.