HBO Max

Gannan

On 6/12/2023 at 3:26 PM, Gern Blanston said:

The White House Plumbers - watched 1st episode, was OK, but a bit of a struggle to get thru.  Anyone else watch/watching it?

I liked it, but my wife hated it so after 3 episodes it has moved to the queue of shows I need to watch without her behind "Yellow Jackets" and the new "Arnold" docu-series.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

I liked it, but my wife hated it so after 3 episodes it has moved to the queue of shows I need to watch without her behind "Yellow Jackets" and the new "Arnold" docu-series.

LOL - she gave it a shot, but was staring at her phone thru most of the second half.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving the The Idol so far.  This show has created quite the stir, fans love it, critics hate it.  i'm with the fans this time.

On 7/5/2023 at 8:40 AM, dawkins4prez said:

I'm loving the The Idol so far.  This show has created quite the stir, fans love it, critics hate it.  i'm with the fans this time.

I finished it up last week. I thought it was ok, for HBO standards though it was just "meh". 

General spoilers

Spoiler

Felt it was pretty short and they wrapped everything up just when it started to get really interesting. The ending was pretty bad too which soured the whole show for me.

Started The Righteous Gemstones

I liked season 1 but season 2 took a different turn that I'm not really liking

While I no longer have this channel, I was glad I got to watch Succession which received a bunch of Emmy nominations today.

On 7/5/2023 at 8:40 AM, dawkins4prez said:

looking at anything with audience scores it seems to be trash from all angles. Had to look up to see what it was until I remembered it was the show with Johnny Depp’s kid and a singer. 

On 7/6/2023 at 11:28 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

I finished it up last week. I thought it was ok, for HBO standards though it was just "meh". 

General spoilers

Hide contents

Felt it was pretty short and they wrapped everything up just when it started to get really interesting. The ending was pretty bad too which soured the whole show for me.

Loved it all the way through, 5 super intense episodes with plenty of twists, great dialogue, hot arse sex and great music,  Zero filler, just a great series (mini series?).  Rose-Depp and the Wkend came out of nowhere and did Emmy deserving work here.

Damn, way too young. Really enjoyed his role in Euphoria. I wonder if they even bother filming another season now. 

• Sad 2

On 7/25/2023 at 9:38 AM, hputenis said:

7tor6o.jpg

Shut your fat smelly hole before @EaglePhan1986 drops. Pre workout shake poop in it

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Damn, way too young. Really enjoyed his role in Euphoria. I wonder if they even bother filming another season now. 

:sad: 

19 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sounds like suicide. Very sad.

Wasn't his character going to prison? That's one of those shows that goes like 3 years between new episodes so I have trouble remembering what happens. 

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Sounds like suicide. Very sad.

Wasn't his character going to prison? That's one of those shows that goes like 3 years between new episodes so I have trouble remembering what happens. 

Rumored an OD, but was also struggling with suicidal thoughts. 

It was kind of up in the air from what I remember. Cops came in his place and Fez was going to take the fall for everything but then his brother Ashtray opened fire on the cops who killed him. 

Supposedly the writer strike is holding up the next season and it wasn't going to air until 2025 at the earliest. 

• Like 1

Winning Time season 2 premiere was okay, but would easily fall under "filler" or "recap" episode. Looking for more absurdity in the rest of the season. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 9:44 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Finally a good doc

Episode 3 dropped and it is a good documentary 

BS High was pretty crazy. Documentary about that fake Bishop Sycamore high school football team that got crushed by IMG academy live on ESPN. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 10:13 AM, Agent23 said:

Winning Time season 2 premiere was okay, but would easily fall under "filler" or "recap" episode. Looking for more absurdity in the rest of the season. 

Sucks there's only 7 episodes this season

A bunch of HBO Max content is now on Prime or Netflix. 

Netflix has some DC movies, HBO Series Band of Brothers & The Pacific.

Prime has almost all the DCU movies that aren't on Netflix. 

I wonder if they've lost subscribers since the change & trying to make money renting the content to other services. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:46 PM, NOTW said:

A bunch of HBO Max content is now on Prime or Netflix. 

Netflix has some DC movies, HBO Series Band of Brothers & The Pacific.

Prime has almost all the DCU movies that aren't on Netflix. 

I wonder if they've lost subscribers since the change & trying to make money renting the content to other services. 

IIRC the new CEO wanted to start this before the change. Leasing content to other services you can get quantifiable revenue off that IP.

Theres a new animated Batman being worked on by the guy who did the animated series back in the day. WB shopped it around and it’s going to be shown on Prime. 

Honestly I think they shot themselves in the foot anyway. I don’t think there’s enough content around to have as many streaming services as their are now. They could have set Max up as the "we don’t have everything, but everything we have is amazing” streaming service, but they tried to do what everyone else is doing so their content got diluted. 

• Like 1