HBO Max

Gannan

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Watched it last night, I thought it was fantastic 

It was really good, but I though It Chapter 2 was a huge let down in comparison. 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

It was really good, but I though It Chapter 2 was a huge let down in comparison. 

It might be because I haven't played the game in so long that I can't remember certain parts so it feels new to me. 

I'm finishing up a couple shows and heading towards Last of Us, caught first 25 minutes or so and seems worth a dip.

49 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm finishing up a couple shows and heading towards Last of Us, caught first 25 minutes or so and seems worth a dip.

To all prospective watchers of TLoU who haven't played the games, I'll just say this, if they are fairly faithful to the games and if the acting remains solid across the board, you guys are in for a real treat. That was probably the best game I've ever played on any platform, and it wasn't because the gameplay was revolutionary or anything like that.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 9:51 AM, Gannan said:

Started watching "The Flight Attendant". Surprisingly good. 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:58 AM, mikemack8 said:

I've been thinking about starting that - guess I'll give it a shot

On 2/13/2021 at 11:29 PM, Smokesdawg said:

We just watched it. Dark comedy. Worth watching. Good. Not super great but worth the watch. 
I like Kaley Cuoco because... well yeah... but wife and I agreed she doesn’t have much acting range. This is the same character but with just better writing. 

This has been in the queue for awhile and finally got around to it last week and finished the first season.  Entertaining, good writing, interesting enough plot, couple funny moments.  Wasn't quite sure about the Rosie Perez subplot, but overall worth a watch.

19 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

This has been in the queue for awhile and finally got around to it last week and finished the first season.  Entertaining, good writing, interesting enough plot, couple funny moments.  Wasn't quite sure about the Rosie Perez subplot, but overall worth a watch.

There’s a second season that I haven’t gotten around to yet 

On 1/21/2023 at 11:47 AM, mikemack8 said:

There’s a second season that I haven’t gotten around to yet 

About half way thru S2 now.  All the characters are back, its decent, but liked S1 better.  I'll give Kaley Cuoco credit, she does a good job with the roll.

On 1/19/2023 at 6:49 AM, we_gotta_believe said:

To all prospective watchers of TLoU who haven't played the games, I'll just say this, if they are fairly faithful to the games and if the acting remains solid across the board, you guys are in for a real treat. That was probably the best game I've ever played on any platform, and it wasn't because the gameplay was revolutionary or anything like that.

Never played the game, but I know a summary of the two games. I forget why/when I read about it all, think I watched a gameplay video & since I didn’t own a PlayStation at the time I read up on it because of all the glowing reviews from it. Thought it was harmless at the time, after two episodes in I regret it a bit. It’s a quality show for sure, Pedro Pascal is amazing as usual, i’ll be making a point to tune in every week for new episodes. I bought a PS5 not long ago, I’ll probably play the games after I finish Spider-Man/God of war. 

Wasn’t expecting to like it so much, I usually dislike anything zombie themed. Tv show/movie/video games I just can’t get into them at all. But The Last of Us is different, kind of a refreshing take on the zombie genre. 

• Like 1

With the Murdaugh murder trial starting this week I wanted to give the "Low Country" documentary a look. Wow, there's a lot to this story. It's a 3 part series. Definitely worth a look. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that the CB Strike series is on HBO Max - it's based on a book series that's written by J.K Rowling.  The books are really good but for all you illiterate dunces, the show is a decent watch too.  Detective/murder mystery/thriller type.  

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 11:02 AM, mikemack8 said:

I just realized that the CB Strike series is on HBO Max - it's based on a book series that's written by J.K Rowling.  The books are really good but for all you illiterate dunces, the show is a decent watch too.  Detective/murder mystery/thriller type.  

TL;DR

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

I’m still not going to forgive them for the end of It:2.

Which part of the end are you referring to?

On 2/8/2023 at 11:02 AM, mikemack8 said:

calling people who don’t read that 4th grade level hack illiterates is hilarious. Liked HP when I was younger, but it’s pretty bad compared to most everything I’ve read since. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

is white lotus any good?  :unsure:  

Yeah, it's amusing enough. 

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

is white lotus any good?  :unsure:  

Entertaining, but leans heavily into cringingly uncomfortable moments.

• Like 1

Just watch it hunt. 

and if none of you fogtags have yet, watch Succession over anything else 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:24 PM, Agent23 said:

Just watch it hunt. 

and if none of you fogtags have yet, watch Succession over anything else 

Is Succession actually good or is it a hipster pick? It looks just so boring but I don’t know much about it besides a basic premise. 

11 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is Succession actually good or is it a hipster pick? It looks just so boring but I don’t know much about it besides a basic premise. 

I need to give it another shot - I watched the first like 2 episodes of it and it didn't really pull me in, but everyone raves about it.  

• Like 1