Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah now you can say that team was loaded, hardly anyone thought they were going to be that good going into the season because the preseason was so dreadful. Even after the Chiefs game people were pissed off and thought they were going no where and were already calling for Pedersons head. Wentz having that major jump from rookie year to his second year was a major factor in them turning out to be a great football team especially after the injuries started to pile up. 

Yeah hardly anybody saw it coming, but it doesn't change that it was a very good team. Absolutely Wentz was a big part of it. But the injuries weren't too bad that year. Peters was the big one - but Vaitai was mostly okay. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YubaEagle said:

I will turn this car around if you two don't knock it the hell off!

He's touching me

54 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah hardly anybody saw it coming, but it doesn't change that it was a very good team. Absolutely Wentz was a big part of it. But the injuries weren't too bad that year. Peters was the big one - but Vaitai was mostly okay. 

Hall of fame LT at the time replaced by a 5th round rookie is pretty devastating for most teams then to lose your QB playing lights out in his second year and your play making coach of the defense middle linebacker Jordan Hicks... It was more about quality of the guys that got hurt then the quantity that year

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hall of fame LT at the time replaced by a 5th round rookie is pretty devastating for most teams then to lose your QB playing lights out in his second year and your play making coach of the defense middle linebacker Jordan Hicks... It was more about quality of the guys that got hurt then the quantity that year

Oh yeah - the injuries were still bad, I'm just saying the injuries didn't affect the O too much when Wentz was playing. Lost Sproles and Peters was obviously a big loss, but generally most of the guys stayed healthy and built continuity.

I still say Jim Schwartz doesn't get nearly enough credit for his time here. Losing Hicks and with not very good corners - the D was great that year. (they sucked in the Super Bowl and that's all a lot of people remember - but we don't get there without them)

9 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I still say Jim Schwartz doesn't get nearly enough credit for his time here. Losing Hicks and with not very good corners - the D was great that year. (they sucked in the Super Bowl and that's all a lot of people remember - but we don't get there without them)

Schwartz was a very good DC. I think we may well start to realise that this year (though I do think Gannon is going to be good). But he had some infuriating traits. The sticks defense. The lack of help he gave his corners. The seeming unwillingness to blitz very often. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Schwartz was a very good DC. I think we may well start to realise that this year (though I do think Gannon is going to be good). But he had some infuriating traits. The sticks defense. The lack of help he gave his corners. The seeming unwillingness to blitz very often. 

Well if Gannon plays a cover 2 we won't being seeing any blitzing again. Cover 2 relies on pressure of the front 4. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At least now, the corners will get some support going forward.

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well if Gannon plays a cover 2 we won't being seeing any blitzing again. Cover 2 relies on pressure of the front 4. 

Then we aren't going to see much of a difference in terms of the end results which ultimately would be disappointing. 

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then we aren't going to see much of a difference in terms of the end results which ultimately would be disappointing. 

If they get the players that actually fit what gannon is trying to do then it will be fine. It's when you are asking guys to do things that are not their strength is when it looks like crap. Schwartz didn't have the best players but that didn't stop him from trying to make them play in his scheme anyways. There was how many times jenkins told Schwartz to dumb down his scheme because the young guys aren't getting it. 

Getting ready for the draft next week, a good time to close the chapter on Carson Wentz.  New topics about Carson can go in Around the NFL.  Or discuss him in the blog topic which is a catch all topic.

Archived